• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

HELP ME FIX MY PS3 BOYS???

Started by [SAS]akuma1nz, November 27, 2010, 09:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[SAS]akuma1nz

hey jst wntn 2 no if ne1 noz how 2 fix my station??? prob is... it stil wrks on the net & plys dwn loaded gmes but not readn discs... fckn ps3, feel lik getn a xbox!!! haha...grrrrrrrrr!!!  :'(
Yo boys keen for a jam at my pad in da wknds jst flick me a txt... Live in REWA HARD!!! 0212550433 or 0226772386

DEATH IS TOO GOOD FOR YOU... FOOL!!!

[SAS]akuma1nz

txt me plse boys.. 0212550433 cheers...
Yo boys keen for a jam at my pad in da wknds jst flick me a txt... Live in REWA HARD!!! 0212550433 or 0226772386

Lennysaurus

As per our phonecall:

www.kiwimodz.co.nz

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Nick4now

Sounds like your Laser lens malfunctioned... The website that Lenny posted up sells them too. As for installing the part I'm sure you can find someone who can do it for you  if you're not too confident in doing it yourself :)

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[SAS]akuma1nz

cheers Lenny ur da man!!! ill check it out...

samurai black

yeah i had that guy fix my YLOD. borked first time, but here's hoping second times the charm

[SAS]akuma1nz

Jst waitn 4 dis othr dude 2 get bck 2 me...

amendonz

mate switching to xbox for reliability purposes is not a great choice, i'm on my third xbox which has began red ringing (oddly being turned off and on fixes it it, but surely on the way out..) the first was a launch and had a dvd drive fail, the 2nd was a 2006 elite, fucked out the month after warranty, this ones about a year old.

always been meticulous about keeping them ventilated and shit, maybe a few long sessions here and there but to me thats regular use...

i look over to my sega mega drive and super nintendo (with ssf2 cartridge in it  8) )both work great.

i sometimes think i should have gone ps3 but nah, gotta have the xbox control defnitely, the dpad is shit but the rest is mint

anyway...good luck getting it sorted. apparently putting in the dvd drive isnt too hard. 

stereomonkey

I must be lucky with my 360.  It had red ringed once back in 08 and after that has been pretty good so far. Only thing that I notice is sometimes the console can be loud randomly.  Other than that pretty sweet.

Was about to buy a PS3 but not sure if I want to.  Is the YLOD covered by the warranty or must it be sorted with some technician to fix?
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

samurai black

pretty sure its covered. ive heard the only issue with sending it to sony is that you might get someone elses refurbished unit and whatever wear it might have. getting your exact same console back i think costs extra.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bro CGA bro.

5 years.

Quote from: stereomonkey on November 30, 2010, 05:36:29 PM
I must be lucky with my 360.  It had red ringed once back in 08 and after that has been pretty good so far. Only thing that I notice is sometimes the console can be loud randomly.  Other than that pretty sweet.

Was about to buy a PS3 but not sure if I want to.  Is the YLOD covered by the warranty or must it be sorted with some technician to fix?

It is with waranty but CGA is longer. 5 years to be exact. But that's just something for the consumers to rant about to get what they want ay.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[SAS]akuma1nz

Yeah warranty ran out a yr ago... But dis is my 2nd ps3, my first 1had da sme prob!!! It was covered by warranty took it in & Sony replaced da console... Now it's fckd out again but no mre warranty!!! Getn it fixd 4 $150 all up... Can't b fckd wth da fuss... Jst wnt it fixd!!!