• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Combat Sports

Started by Pinolicious, December 02, 2010, 02:58:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

budafist

thats gangsta B Boy! you're like the dude version of Makoto (but top tier)

seems to be many styles paracticed by this community, maybe we should set up a cage at Christmas damgager and see once and for all which one is the best.

note: I will only fight girls, as stipulated in my contract
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Pinolicious on December 02, 2010, 02:58:30 PM
Anybody into Boxing/MMA/Other, whether watcing/following or participating/training?

Started up on the MMA buzz, looking to watch my man GSP beat down Koscheck on UFC 124.  Had my first MMA class last night, but first need to get my basics sussed out first.

Steven (I got paid) is really big on UFC and the other one that's popular. Never could get into them myself. Seem too violent. But I guess that's the point eh? lol.

Pinolicious

Did my first BJJ class tonight, I smell like 5 different dudes armpits.

Gonna stick with it though, just watching them transition from different holds and submissions is awesome.

All the guys were a lot more friendlier than the random I partnered up with on my MMA class

One more kickboxing class at the end of the week, then on Holiday and then start a regular membership after the new year.
<PSN> Kriselda

Pinolicious

Total balls, picked up a BJJ Gi yesterday before my class, turns out you don't even need one (website said you should get one asap).  Store won't do refund, gave me a credit.

All good I guess, I'll probably pick up some sweet Muay Thai shin guards.
<PSN> Kriselda

samurai black

bro, just fight naked

maximum mobility and intimidation factor

budafist

Quote from: Pinolicious on December 08, 2010, 04:53:02 PM
Total balls, picked up a BJJ Gi yesterday before my class, turns out you don't even need one (website said you should get one asap).  Store won't do refund, gave me a credit.

All good I guess, I'll probably pick up some sweet Muay Thai shin guards.

cut the sleeves off the Gi, get a headband and rock that shit at xmas damager!
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

B BOY DRAW2

Quote from: budafist on December 08, 2010, 05:38:48 PM
cut the sleeves off the Gi, get a headband and rock that shit at xmas damager!

Haha...awwwwesome!!!

Faaaark...I just tried my black belt on for the first time since like 2001...

...that shit does not fit anymore  :-\
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

mayweather is my nigger ;D he talks shit but he backs it up every time. oh and also juan manual, that nigger's combinations freaking awesome.

mayweather vs pac man would be epic as hell, they got to make this happen. There's also been talks about juan manual marquez vs pac man 3rd fight, or was it just juan calling out pac man, well either way i hope it goes through cause their first two fights were insane, going toe to toe till the last round. so far juan the only boxer i've seen rough up pac man.
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yo i'm betting big on Mayweather. Pacman is too sloppy for Mayweather's defense.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on December 10, 2010, 01:30:55 PM
Yo i'm betting big on Mayweather. Pacman is too sloppy for Mayweather's defense.

all my boys hate mayweather cause he's a cocky lil cunt, but he's the man to me, esp in his fight against mosley where he made him wait for him 2 walk out on to the ring, i couldn't stop laughing haha

pacman though, that man speed is devastating, he'll throw punches after punches all freaking day. it be a mean fight.

my money on mayweather ;D
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

Pinolicious

While I'm biased to pacman cause we're both filo (lol, me... filo, yeah right <tui>), seeing pacman vs mayweather would be the most epic of battles!

in other news, got me some muay thai shin guards.  was gonna go cheap and get some addidas branded ones, but I was advised against, and went for double the price twins branded, made in thailand, leather shin guards.

work mate started kicking me in the shins.  these things are mad niggerish!  can't wait to try them out in class tonight.
<PSN> Kriselda

Pinolicious

Well, wrapped up the last kickboxing class for the year until I get back from Philippines.

Got paired up with a dude twice my size, cause there was nobody else.  But he was the nicest dude ever.  Told him not to hold back, cause I don't like the idea of slowing somebody else's training time.  Lenny's size.  His kicks sent me flying.  He kept apologising, but I told him to keep going.  So he did.  Fun times.

One of the gym's fighters explained the technique of a standard muay thai kick.  He was my build, slightly taller, but he had some sexy kicks.  I'm sure most already know, but a lot of the power comes in the technique, not so much how much force you put into it.  Obviously if you have technique and force, then it's even more devasting, but technique always comes first.

A long road before I can get in the Octagon haha!

I think I've got great cardio/conditioning for one round.  But that's just it, one round.  Shit is insane, loving it.  Smoof, you gotta get in on this action.
<PSN> Kriselda

Pinolicious

Whooo, anybody watch UFC 124?

Do these forums have spoiler tags?  Or do we not care?
<PSN> Kriselda