• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

wicked song for chun hahaha!!!
love it :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

LOL, at this new trick people online been doing now.

They get combo'd, before you can fadc, they lag switch hhahhhhhaahhhahah . And when you get them dizzy too they hit dat mutha fucking lag switch. I thought it was a weird coincidence, but then erytime i dizzied, it would happen. Then I clicked. Lagswitch power. I bet tamer187 came up with it when dabbling in a few RQ scenarios, lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

stereomonkey

Thats why you play with friends that have a reliable connection, not potangs that play for the lols.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: stereomonkey on January 04, 2010, 09:12:23 PM
Thats why you play with friends that have a reliable connection, not potangs that play for the lols.
LOL, they WERE my friends. Some people are just plain dirty. (Now if only I had a lag switch).
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Ask lenny to make it, he has one. :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 04, 2010, 09:33:50 PM
Tongue.

That is all.
Haha i lol'd when i read that (ok it was a squeaking sound out loud).

Devilleto

Hi guys,

I'm a newbie here and have some questions to ask. Hope you don't mind to answer. :p

I have been playing SF4 on my ps3 since it's released and most of the time have lag problem when I play online. Does any of you encounter the same problem? Is it a common problem or is it just because my connection is shit?

and...is there any SF4 tournament held in NZ near in the future??

Thank you very much.

electric

Quote from: Devilleto on January 12, 2010, 03:55:02 PMHi guys

Hey! Welcome to the community :)

Quote from: Devilleto on January 12, 2010, 03:55:02 PMI have been playing SF4 on my ps3 since it's released and most of the time have lag problem when I play online. Does any of you encounter the same problem? Is it a common problem or is it just because my connection is shit?

It's definitely a common problem. Unless you are getting 4 bars, it's going to feel a little laggy... sometimes 3 bars is ok, but it's a bit of a mixed bag. There's a PS3 match making thread here: http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,523.0.html

Chances are, you'll have better connections with most of us here

Quote from: Devilleto on January 12, 2010, 03:55:02 PMand...is there any SF4 tournament held in NZ near in the future??

Any tournaments will be announced in the Tournament Announcement thread here: http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/board,9.0.html

Keep your eyes peeled!

Hope that helps :)
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

Hi & welcome to the site (feel free to post in the forum corresponding to your region so other people around you know!).

While PS3 has been known to be worse than xbl for sf4 online, many people have very reasonable games with 4-bar connections to other people in NZ, so it's possible that it could be something to do with your internet connection or even possibly the wiring in your area?

As for the SF4 tournament, the nearest one would be the bar fights which is scheduled for somewhere in March or April, although it's entirely possible we'll put on a general training session/get together some time before that. There is also likely to be a Tekken 6 and a 'triathlon' featuring older street fighter games in Feb. These pretty much exclusively occur in Auckland, so hopefully you're somewhere around the top of the north island :)

Hope that helps!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

DVS

Welcome to the community fulla!  ;D

Hope to spot you at up coming tournaments!...

Hadouken!
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

Devilleto

Thanks for replying guys.

I guess it's my connection problem coz it never reaches 3 bars. >.<
I'm using shared internet connection. It's fast for downloading and others but perhaps not for online gaming. Gotta get my own connection then.

Will the tournament be held in Auckland???

[NIUE] weazzyefff

You gotta play peeps from NZ or Aus though aye. Not just any random dude.

And yeah most the tournaments , actually all of them are in Auckland. Where are you from bro? and welcome to the community.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Devilleto on January 12, 2010, 04:35:59 PM
Thanks for replying guys.

I guess it's my connection problem coz it never reaches 3 bars. >.<
I'm using shared internet connection. It's fast for downloading and others but perhaps not for online gaming. Gotta get my own connection then.

Have you seen this thread? :
http://nzism.alphaism.com/forum/index.php/topic,523.0.html

It has 99% NZ players on there. I'd assume most would be from Auckland. Good luck!

Devilleto

I'm from Dunedin. :)
I hope I can move to Auckland anytime soon. lol

Thanks for the link.. I will try to add some of them.