• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orochi

It looks like a graphically updated SFII, I don't want to play SFII AGAIN.

*waits patiently for KoFXII*

Gino

SSF2THD is the only game I'm looking forward to atm.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Coddfish

Honestly, I'm kinda disappointed with this decision.
As much as I love 2D fighters and hate 3D ones, I was honestly hoping that Capcom would be able to make a completely new, innovative 3D game. Redefine the genre, the same way they did 15 years ago with SF2.

All in all, its probably for the best that they went the route that they did. The people who truly enjoy fighting games will play it if it plays well, and won't if it doesn't - regardless of how pretty or ugly the game looks. And the pretty graphics will hopefully pull a whole lot of kiddies away from the FPSes and racing car games into the fighting games. Sure, probably only 2% will actually stick to it and become dedicated fighters, but its better than nothing.

I wouldn't say it just looks like a graphically updated SF2. With a couple of screenshots like these, SF3 would also just look like an updated SF2, and god knows how different those games are.
Until we know a bit about the game mechanics (which will hopefully be revealed in the next EGM issue!), we can't really say whether it will be an updated SF2, or something completely new, with brand new mechanics, which it hopefully will be (so long as the test it extensively like they're doing with STHD, so we don't have another Parry crisis).

And when I saw that "legs of huge" comment I thought I would see Chun-Li in the new screenshots. Anyway, I'm guessing the legs are just the wind the loose pants, and that in motion they won't look so huge.

I must say though. That hadouken looks fucking amazing.

fluxcore

I'm a little worried about how the camera will be handled, actually... I'm hoping that those screenshots aren't actually THE GAME but just a graphical presentation - because if the camera is going to move around like that, it's going to be a hell of a mess to follow...

And yeah, the bulkiness is probably just wind, just looks kind of funny. I don't know what to expect from Chun Li! :)

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

Gino

OMG IN SF4 Honda is Skinny!

iMagneto

i have seen some screen shots of street fighter 4, its going to be a 3D Fighting game, ive seen the shots in www.fightersgeneration.com

ummm hope it arnt gonna be worst than street fighter EX.. EX was a terrible 3D street fighter

fluxcore

3d looks, 2d gameplay.

Ex2 wasn't too bad, either... maybe not for a serious game, but it was fun.

--flux

fluxcore

Few interesting notes at http://www.dfpradio.com/?p=1692
Namely,

* The producer is Yoshinori Ono, who worked on Street Fighter Alpha, Street Fighter III and Capcom Fighting Revolution
    * The game will have online modes
    * The game will use toon-shaded graphics like in Street Fighter II
    * The gameplay will be in 2D while graphics are in 3D, but the camera angle is fixed
    * Capcom wants to bring as many characters back from Street Fighter II series as possible (confirmed: Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Dhalsim.)
    * The story takes place between Street Fighter II Turbo and Street Fighter III
    * The battle system will be more aggressive and focus more on attacking instead of defending
    * A decision has not been made which platform the game will be on, the test version was built on a PC platform
    * Capcom is interested to bring the game to as many platforms as possible, no platform exclusivity
    * Standard 6-button control scheme will remain

--flux

iMagneto

3d gameplay! oh yeah!! oh baby yes! lol

fluxcore

TWO D!!! 2D! Game play has only TWO DIMENSIONS! Like SF should be!

--flux

Gino

It could always be 2d like fatal Fury was.

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: glisignoli on December 17, 2007, 08:16:17 AM
It could always be 2d like fatal Fury was.

yea that was pretty cool with the funky jump they use in sidescrollers....
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2