• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

No shit, Capcom has announced the development of Street Fighter 4 for release sometime next year. I'm actually really surprised they are doing this, and to be honest not entirely looking forward to it (unless they are farming the design out to ArcSys or something - all of Capcom's developers that worked on the good Street Fighters left for either SNK or Sammy).

Take a look at http://www.streetfighterworld.com/ for more info.

Thoughts?
--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

gunsmoke

Yea i saw it it www.combovideos.com i was thinking to post too....

Good JOB i like it . style of Okami  ::) ::) ;D ;D
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

fluxcore

A lot of the opinions expressed in the capcomunity forums are so out of date in thinking that it's funny... it's like people who have been in caves for 10 years are coming out and laying the law down on how a fighting game should be made today - "IT HAS TO BE 2D!!!" I'm one of the most anti-3d people around and I even recognise that going solely 2d is probably a bad idea...

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

kingpiccolo

yea i hope that it also 2d aswell i dont want them to go 3d.....
if this game takes off there are gona be alot of people stepping outta caves to play this one.
i have high hopes for this

gunsmoke

gunsmoke

This time ken and ryu MASTER beta BE there 2 be use as new character or hidden i dont care...lol  :P

fluxcore

I'm going to be super annoyed if parrying is in.

--flux

Eddy_COMBO

2d or 3d is all good with me. But of course 2d is the more desired option...

hopefully the return of Volcano Rosso!!!  ;D hes my fave of all the SFs
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

fluxcore

Was that the guy who looked like an ice cream?

--flux

gunsmoke

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: fluxcore on October 18, 2007, 05:49:45 PM
Was that the guy who looked like an ice cream?

--flux

lol yea haha

QUATROO PANAROMAAA!!!!!!!!
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

samurai black

totally looking forward to this

gunsmoke

fluxcore

Hohoho, details + screenshot...

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164756

Not sure whether the 2d decision is going to be a good one in the end (will the average punter even bother, when on the other side you can play a huge fat guy that moves like a ninja?)

Thoughts?

--flux

Gino

I think the 2d/3d decision is pretty good (3d models on a 2d game).
I doubt it being a 2d game will hinder its success or failure. Check our local arecade and you will see that xmen vs street fighter get more plays than tekken (as far as I know).