• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Quote from: weazzyefff on October 21, 2009, 07:38:23 AM
Fuck it's 7:30 am, i've been trying to suss out my Gen combos all night long, still suck like shit, dont know what gibos on about in his tutorial vid.

EX fucking hands driving me insane. I need to see lenny do it in person, you must teach young grass smoker the way of hands.

Sure bro.  Im pretty busy the next few weekends but if you bring your stick to RVB on the 7th Id be glad to show you.

When you gonna start playing that Marvel bro!?!?!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on October 21, 2009, 07:50:27 AM
Quote from: weazzyefff on October 21, 2009, 07:38:23 AM
Fuck it's 7:30 am, i've been trying to suss out my Gen combos all night long, still suck like shit, dont know what gibos on about in his tutorial vid.

EX fucking hands driving me insane. I need to see lenny do it in person, you must teach young grass smoker the way of hands.

Sure bro.  Im pretty busy the next few weekends but if you bring your stick to RVB on the 7th Id be glad to show you.

When you gonna start playing that Marvel bro!?!?!
Bro i've been playing Marvel for ages, but i suck lol. I dont really practice i just play, thats how i like MY mahvell babbee.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bro has anyone seen this?

Fucking hilarious. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMHc32ygldk&feature=player_embedded

The Sagat whiffed his Ultra but he thought he won, so while he was jumping up and down the Viper jumped back to his controller and finished it properly.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Hydro

All good bro, but that's ancient news. And yeah I'm pretty sure it's been posted here a few times now.

Kensou's Viper is dope. That is all.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: hydrokinesis on November 01, 2009, 06:32:13 AM
All good bro, but that's ancient news. And yeah I'm pretty sure it's been posted here a few times now.

Kensou's Viper is dope. That is all.
LOL, yeah thought so aye.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

quote from some SRK dude-

I was playing at the arcade one day.
And this guy picked Sagat to my dismay.
I knocked him down and when he started to rise.
I crossed him up and suddenly to my surprise...

He did the mash
He did the monster mash
The monster mash
It was a graveyard smash
He did the mash
It caught on in a flash
He did the mash
He did the monster mash

Made me lol'd so bad, it will prob wear off once my buzz wears off.

edit: Nope, still makes me lol.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

weazzyefff that could possibly be your best post ever
I lol'd hard

DVS

Quote from: weazzyefff on November 02, 2009, 04:07:38 AM
quote from some SRK dude-

I was playing at the arcade one day.
And this guy picked Sagat to my dismay.
I knocked him down and when he started to rise.
I crossed him up and suddenly to my surprise...

He did the mash
He did the monster mash
The monster mash
It was a graveyard smash
He did the mash
It caught on in a flash
He did the mash
He did the monster mash

Made me lol'd so bad, it will prob wear off once my buzz wears off.

edit: Nope, still makes me lol.

Lol  ;D

Is there anything that SAGAT can't do..... could be one of his new moves for Super....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

MIKE YOU NEED TO TEACH ME BISON OMG OMG OMG
The New Generation Clockw0rk

baze

I've seen a IC card system for SF4 in Japan like the Tekken 6 Machines here.

Will NZ be getting a IC card system for SF4 at the arcades anytime?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: baze on November 22, 2009, 10:26:57 PM
I've seen a IC card system for SF4 in Japan like the Tekken 6 Machines here.

Will NZ be getting a IC card system for SF4 at the arcades anytime?

No. The US doesnt have it either iirc. I think that system is exclusively for Japan as far as SF4 goes.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fucking yifans. RSLowForward is a little bit easier to DO at yifans than it is at home, but its MUCH MUCH harder to actually stop accurately. >_> Unfortunately thats the important part, given that it leads to either a) safety, or b) more mixups.

Its a damn useful tool for fuerte to have though, so im going to have to try and get used to it. Its pissing me off though, because its throwing off my RSF timing. >_< Im back down to my 3 average at yifans. :(
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

I'd even go as far as saying Fuerte is a technically harder character to be proficient with than Viper... IMO, of course
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: electric on November 23, 2009, 12:54:56 PM
I'd even go as far as saying Fuerte is a technically harder character to be proficient with than Viper... IMO, of course

Depends how you look at it.

Going from 0% to 100% effectiveness with fuerte is the same amount of work as going from 0% to 100% effectiveness with viper i reckon. ie. They take a similar amount of time & effort to master all their shit.

I think Viper is the easier of the two to get into, but the harder of the two to ultimately master. I think the fact that shes easier when starting out throws the gauge off a bit imo.

Look at it this way, a scrub can pick up viper and mash out c.mk -> thunder knuckle, and score some damage off of it. The same scrub can pick up fuerte and mash out c.mk -> ...run? At the other end of the scale, a pro viper can c.mk -> OMGWTFMIXUPSHENANIGANS, and a pro fuerte can c.mk -> OMGWTFMIXUPSHENANIGANS. Not exactly a concrete example, but it gets my point across. Fuerte starts harder, but grows faster. The two END UP with a similar amount of required skill & effort to be proficient.

They both have crazy technical shit that only GODS AMONG MEN would attempt to master, so i have equal props to those that play both.

Viper/Fuerte/Gen are probably the hardest to learn. I wouldnt put them in any kind of easiest to hardest order, because they all grow and develop in different ways. Some people will be more comfortable with one, others will not. Playstyle baby, thats what its all about.

Ok, so apparently i cant give a simple opinion without typing a fuckoff long epic post. Dammit.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.