• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, October 18, 2007, 07:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

I got the tiger part down =P
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: boringryu on April 13, 2009, 10:23:38 PM
Quote from: Toomeke on April 13, 2009, 10:12:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sfkoIXKLJI

Now this is just depressing  :o

Evo is gonna be one hell of a wakeup call for all the american "pro's" maybe barring Justin Wong

Justin Wong/Long Island Joe lost this week in SBO Quals in Texas.
Don't sleep on the rest of the US, J Wong isn't exactly dominating the country atm.

Links plz  :D Can't find any info on the quals

Chuckk

I don't know where you can find info because it was held at Planet Zero which has such a bed rep with SRK that its banned from having info there. I googled it to no avail as well. I got this info from #capcom, SRK's irc channel.

justin/joe came 3rd IIRC.
The team that knocked them out Jan/Crow was Gief/Sagat, and the winning team was Fubarduck (3s Chun player)/Jon

If I hear any more in IRC ill update
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

Orochi

For my controller, PAD2 in controller settings is my norm.

I use my arcade stick though, I can use either without problem. (except when playing as C.Viper, which is not looking good for pad)

fluxcore

Quote from: Toomeke on April 13, 2009, 10:12:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sfkoIXKLJI

Now this is just depressing  :o

Evo is gonna be one hell of a wakeup call for all the american "pro's" maybe barring Justin Wong

Jesus, it's Old Sagat all over again, except this time the Japanese aren't soft banning him :/ While very precise and well played, it's quite boring to watch :/

Also, Justin is atm maining Rufus, who has trouble against Sagat...
(p.s. the US is still going to get raped)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

rofl... maybe maybe, have to play to see :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CptMunta

I don't think Justin isn't overrated by other top players much. Guy's got mad skills. I would like to see someone else take out Evo though. Especially if it was some random pad warrior from out of nowhere.

I know Justin is godlike and all but listening to him on Bunkei's podcast "Gen is ass, Rose is ass, Gouken is ass, Seth is ass." kind of made me want the underdogs to kick his ass and break that smug attitude of his.

I would actually like to hear about how he handles loosing. And how he looks at his losses to make his game better. Rather than hearing Bunkei kissing his ass and telling us all to go to Evo for the millionth time.

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

fluxcore

Post it on the forum that you want Justin to answer that question then! I'd be interested as well...

Unless you're too lazy to make an account and want me to do it.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on April 13, 2009, 08:27:51 PM
Quote from: Toomeke on April 13, 2009, 05:44:16 PM
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6598807

Amazing Rufus play

Man I might just drop boxer for awhile and pick up Rufus

btw if anyone can't watch that, http://d.hatena.ne.jp/video/niconico/sm6598807
(http://mmcafe.com/nico.html)

I like to imagine that the red text that shows up at the bottom whenever Sagat does ultra says "FAGGOT!!"

On a serious note, Rufus is an amazingly solid pick, he has just about all the tools (notably loses to Zangief due to no ranged stuff other than cr.FP), and is I think one of the easiest characters to use in any competitive fighting game I've played. All the stuff in that vid is really easy to do. Every damn thing combos into Ultra, and with basically no difficulty at all. His tornado move is ridiculously safe, and ex messiah kick beats tons of stuff (although isn't really safe if they block your mixup at the end, unless you FADC).

Toomeke, I reckon if you pick him up you'll do well - you seem to have a good grasp of what to do and what not to do, and tbh there's not much more to Rufus. not sure if Rufus will go further than Rog though... definitely a useful second char regardless. WHAT A RUSHHHHHHH

I dunno flux,  I think that from an execution stand point he is very easy, but in terms of zoning and what not he is kinda difficult.  I have started pickin him up, but I feel like Im hitting a brick wall with him, particularly when I am being zoned.

oh, and sagat and gief are fucking nightmares with him.  Against a decent sagat you may as well just put the fucking controller down.

Now akuma... im liking the looks of him now...  Im such a character whore.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on April 14, 2009, 11:33:09 AM
I dunno flux,  I think that from an execution stand point he is very easy, but in terms of zoning and what not he is kinda difficult.  I have started pickin him up, but I feel like Im hitting a brick wall with him, particularly when I am being zoned.

oh, and sagat and gief are fucking nightmares with him.  Against a decent sagat you may as well just put the fucking controller down.

Isn't that what I said?

zos'la

just put it this way, most characters are balance in this game. SO whoever you choose to learn is entirely up to you. Being a char whore is fine, just make sure you are atleast decent with them before you move on. It is hard to know every char ins and outs in SF4 because they are sooo different in many ways. After playing console at Ben's place I have come to realise I am still green in many ways and I have plenty to learn with my Ryu.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

stereomonkey

I think I can honestly say that Lenny is more than decent with HALF of the characters in the game.  So all that needs to be said is...

FUCK YOU LENNY :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on April 14, 2009, 12:04:51 PM
just put it this way, most characters are balance in this game. SO whoever you choose to learn is entirely up to you. Being a char whore is fine, just make sure you are atleast decent with them before you move on. It is hard to know every char ins and outs in SF4 because they are sooo different in many ways. After playing console at Ben's place I have come to realise I am still green in many ways and I have plenty to learn with my Ryu.

Yes and no. If theres a character you dont understand, its probably worth playing with him for a bit so you get a better feel of what he/she can do. Not so much for learning the character, but more learning the properties of the characters abilities so you can actually fight against it. Fuerte is a good example of this.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on April 14, 2009, 11:43:08 AM
Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on April 14, 2009, 11:33:09 AM

Isn't that what I said?

lol i guess so...

I jsut think he takes more thought than just divekcik all day and look for ultra opener, which I think is a misinterpretation people could make when picking him up.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero