• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Wellington- Timezone Manners Mall

Started by Orochi, October 27, 2007, 05:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose!

Keen on playing any tomorrow Charlie?

I still have HEAPS on my card and double dollars is up again next wednesday.  ;D

Chuckk

Yeah, not feeling too great but I've gotta come into town anyway. I'll probably be there from quarter past 1 or so for a bit.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

moose!

Sweet, I got somewhere to be during lunch but I'll be in after 2 sometime.
Beat Max with Yang 6 times today, though I don't like to admit it Seiei-Enbu seems a *bit* better in the matchup, and I got his unblockable down good.  8)
I'd still rather play him as a stun beast though.

moose!

The recent A-Cho Ken vs Ken tourney (thanks SRK) http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDg2Mjc5NzI=.html

I still don't like ken, but most JP players play him pretty aggressive so the mirrors are generally pretty good to watch... and look at the players  :o :o

They take fuckin ages to load tho.

Edit: Video 1 has MOV losing and 2 has Chinta losing... shit is no joke.  8)

moose!

I think the 4th is deshi vs chinta (I *could* be wrong, I'm just going on colour here) who are basically the two best current ken players (IMO over kashi and spellmaster isn't current) , deshi missed double srk for the win, eats two supers in a row and loses  :D

Chuckk

Haha will watch it later, these all ken tourneys are nuts.

Sorry bout not showing up today, feeling like shit.

Anyway check this video out, it's fucking hilliarous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fx2Rv2GLVg&feature=related

Not only the gameplay but what happens after. Best matchvid in a long time.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

moose!

Hahahahaha.
Like the scene that happened at ours...

Turtle is now a valid insult. As is fish.

moose!

Better yet Charlie? Keen for some games this week?

Still haven't finalised the pair for this weekend, Yang is still badgering me for a piece of action and Necro hasn't decided if he wants to beast or not.
Haven't played Patrick or A.G (auckland guy) since last time so things might be interesting...

Chuckk

yeah man will be in tomorrow, thursday and friday.
need a fuckload of makoto practice.
not really feeling to confident in her atm, so it might be back to chun :|
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

Chuckk

so i already mentioned it but yeah here's how it played it with fat freddys drop dude.

Ibuki v. Urien, I lost.
Ibuki v. Remy, I won.
Makoto v. Remy, I won, 3-1 with a perfect.
Ibuki v. Remy, I lost.
Ibuki v. Makoto, I won.
Ibuki v. Makoto, I lost.
Ibuki v. Yang, I lost twice. fffff missed so many slashes and ex slashes, fucking buttons.
Ibuki v. Alex, I won. then he left. hahah at my alex winning. guess it only takes a couple hits.

Didn't play chun. Need more makoto practice though.
Enjoying remy a little too much though.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

moose!

He didn't play Q?
Surprised you lost with Mr. Choco against him...
And where's the Necro love?!

Our counter pick games are getting pretty sweet, there's no fucking way I'm gonna be playing Necro if I see Makoto on that bracket, haha. (Unless I can get the 2 elbows comboing on the left side, even then I doubt it)

Chuckk

yeah don't really like the Necro v. Ibuki matchup too much, though I should have tried him. And nah, he didn't play Q.

I wanted to play Mr. choco more but ibuki's pressure can be really annoying with urien I find. Though it doesen't take much from him to even it up at all.

Yeah, counterpicking is getting serious. I probably won't be choosing a character til the last 3 seconds if I'm up against you, hah.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

moose!

They usually run it so you can only change character going from winners bracket to losers and in the final... so you probably won't get to, unless I draw you in the first game  :P

Chuckk

Haha yeah thats what I was thinking.

watch this interview with rikimaru, so good. http://www.iplaywinner.com/news/2009/8/1/the-grind-in-japan-mi-ka-do-feat-rikimaru.html

really don't want to be a losers bracket warrior either.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

moose!

LOSER BRACKET WARRIOR!
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

I'm thinking I might drop into it "accidentally" in the first round and dub it "THE BRACKET OF STUN DEATH"

There will be stuns.