• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

VDSL broadband will it improve nz gaming with Austraaalia?

Started by nztauranga, January 17, 2011, 05:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nztauranga

I remember my telecom upload speed was 1.5mb in 2004 in south Auckland never lag with nz or oz even players in perth thru xbox360 live 90% of time was always lag free now all my oz gaming thru psn/ssf4 im lagging 90% of the time..congestion i was told. Vdsl wont be available in sth akl clendon til end of feb.11. Its going to be $400 for the vdsl router and $200 installation. My question is 30-50mb/15mb upload speed eliminate all lag with oz gaming?? According to my isp, i wil stil experience lag outside of nz. If we had lagfree games with oz years back surely adsl2+ & vdsl should prevent lag?
-work to live not live to work-><>

Rorooze

No.

Your connection at home will make absolutely no difference to your international connections.

stereomonkey

Kinda iffy on the news at the moment.

Had some words with a couple of guys on the VDSL project the other day and was advised that the upload speed will increase but the latency on the connection overseas is most likely going to give you an increase of 10% at most.  The short answer I was told was; Streaming media and playing games in NZ will be faster and a better ping, anything overseas MAY be a bit better but not the greatest difference.

The big thing I would be looking out for if you were receiving VDSL is what type of broadband usage plan you can choose and for how much.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

ok i have no idea what vdsl is and whos doing it ? telecom ? is it better than adsl2 ? hell still only got adsl in puke :(
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

nztauranga

Quote from: [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja on January 17, 2011, 08:00:05 PM
ok i have no idea what vdsl is and whos doing it ? telecom ? is it better than adsl2 ? hell still only got adsl in puke :(
Vdsl broadband google searched is home copper phone line connected to fibreoptics line within reach of your area..depending if puke have fibre thru there main town centre, most likely will at some stage..vdsl been out for a few years now, takanini suburb the new home complex at bruce pulman park takanini apparently have a fibreoptic connection there? Be gd to get a speedtest result frm there if they do have fibre.

electric

Quote from: nztauranga on January 18, 2011, 10:29:04 AM
Vdsl broadband google searched is home copper phone line connected to fibreoptics line within reach of your area..depending if puke have fibre thru there main town centre, most likely will at some stage..vdsl been out for a few years now, takanini suburb the new home complex at bruce pulman park takanini apparently have a fibreoptic connection there? Be gd to get a speedtest result frm there if they do have fibre.

Fucking Addison Park.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

meh nvm
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

nztauranga

Doh! Addison park it is. Trucker road map search. Che'

electric

Quote from: nztauranga on January 20, 2011, 12:46:59 PM
Doh! Addison park it is. Trucker road map search. Che'

Haha no sweat - I was just raging at the fact that they can be 1km down the road from me and get fibre, and I don't get shit :(
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla