• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

Thanks Fluxcore.....kudos NZism

Started by Eddy_COMBO, January 09, 2008, 07:04:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy_COMBO

its been roughly one year since NZism started up so big ups to Fluxcore for bringing NZism up and kept it runnin smoothly :D cool. Its helped me heaps in the MVC2 department  ;D. Ive gone from scrub to scrub that thinks :o and knows wtf i cant win just go for broke lol....

anyway 2008 looks set to have some killer games as well, and maybe next time ill check the forum to see when you head up to 'Blues country' lol, sweet as.

PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

fluxcore

Thanks man. At some points I was really happy with the number of people here and the volume of posts, but it's dropped off so much now I'm questioning whether it's worth keeping it up, tbh. The payment for hosting is due again, actually 2 days ago. I'll pay another 6 months but re-evaluation is needed.

Personally I've been sucked up by Team Fortress 2 and its community, primarily because there is one. Much easier to find competition, and more interest in the scene in general. I also don't really have time/resources/inclination to actively promote NZism or organise tournaments for the tiny bit of interest generated. If the Tekken tourney had been more successful then I would have kept that up, but it was a bit of a bummer overall.

Luckily Gino is still sticking around Hamilton, otherwise I'd pretty much have to give up fighting games altogether other than the odd GGPO game. I'm sure my hands would thank me for it though.

Hopefully 08 will bring STHDremix and maybe SF4, but I don't exactly expect any community to form because of them. Tekken seems to be the only game that can do that here, and I failed miserably at reaching them.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: fluxcore on January 09, 2008, 11:27:17 AM
Thanks man. At some points I was really happy with the number of people here and the volume of posts, but it's dropped off so much now I'm questioning whether it's worth keeping it up, tbh. The payment for hosting is due again, actually 2 days ago. I'll pay another 6 months but re-evaluation is needed.

Personally I've been sucked up by Team Fortress 2 and its community, primarily because there is one. Much easier to find competition, and more interest in the scene in general. I also don't really have time/resources/inclination to actively promote NZism or organise tournaments for the tiny bit of interest generated. If the Tekken tourney had been more successful then I would have kept that up, but it was a bit of a bummer overall.

Luckily Gino is still sticking around Hamilton, otherwise I'd pretty much have to give up fighting games altogether other than the odd GGPO game. I'm sure my hands would thank me for it though.

Hopefully 08 will bring STHDremix and maybe SF4, but I don't exactly expect any community to form because of them. Tekken seems to be the only game that can do that here, and I failed miserably at reaching them.

--flux

lol yea Tekken Zaibatsu has been slow for a while as well cause of DR getting boring, every1 flaming and that game WOW (damn that game for being so godly), but once T6 hits the shores im sure it'll cause some interest lol. I havn't been in town for games for 2 months and man ive saved a serious amount of money lol and lovin it lol. Also anime/manga has taken over my soul, I just cant stop :ashamed: lol

Man I wanna play WOW, just this laptop won't handle a game like that.

Gino

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: glisignoli on January 11, 2008, 10:52:10 PM
Take your WOW ass out of here

hahaha, lol lighten up bro how can you resist when Mr T plays XD. He pitys the fools that dont play WOW :D :D . I wanna be Night Elf Afro lol.

Ive seen one with Jean-Claude Van Damme as well.

samurai black

i dont see the appeal of WoW. unless i can run around as a naked female night elf. or blood elf. just naked female.