• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Gaming TV coming...

Started by [NIUE] weazzyefff, January 29, 2011, 03:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

http://nzgamer.com/all/news/4613/gaming-tv-coming-to-nz.html#comments

Daym, i can't believe they thinking of doing such risky shit in NZ haha. We don't watch TV, we play games lol. But if they are , maybe we can get them to help us stream and get them to pay Daigo to come over bro (dreamer). But atleast try get something outta them even if it's just fame or bringing people to the genre, before they realise they fucked up and are in the wrong country lol.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

originaljulz

Lol all that comes to mind is "fuck, I want a job doing this."

I mean, I'm a communications student right? I could do this shit easy. But you're right. Things like this are doomed to fail. This is the broadband era, and if we want stuff like this we'll just look it up online.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

B BOY DRAW2

Quote from: originaljulz on January 29, 2011, 03:34:00 AM...stuff like this we'll just look it up online.

Yup...I mean...it's cool and all...and if it's on i'll prolly watch it...but meh...
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

amendonz

i'l give it a chance. about a year or so ago there was a gaming show on espn, didn't last lol.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: originaljulz on January 29, 2011, 03:34:00 AM
I mean, I'm a communications student right? I could do this shit easy.

You go to AUT? Im a comms graduate myself. Been working at TVNZ for the last 4 years. I might try and get in on this. But then knowing how cheap the company i work for ACTUALLY is, I doubt its going to be a 'new' local production. I would say we're probably just going to be ripping Aussie stuff. I only hope its up to date. Most of the stuff for 'U' looks like its 5-10 year old MTV cast-offs.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

I'll probably watch some shows, get mad at how casual it is then not watch it.

Eddy_COMBO

About 5+ years ago there use to be one on Prime TV called Gamer TV. I always remember the report they did on a CS tournament which was the first time I saw competitive gaming which was awesome. But yeah with the internet you'll find out about new games whether its canon, leaked or a rumor(like the mvc3 character list that came out a while ago, I mean it was pretty accurate lol).
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

originaljulz

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on January 29, 2011, 09:05:09 AM
You go to AUT? Im a comms graduate myself. Been working at TVNZ for the last 4 years. I might try and get in on this. But then knowing how cheap the company i work for ACTUALLY is, I doubt its going to be a 'new' local production. I would say we're probably just going to be ripping Aussie stuff. I only hope its up to date. Most of the stuff for 'U' looks like its 5-10 year old MTV cast-offs.

Yeah AUT bachelor of comms. Wanted to do journo, but got put into PR. Will prob still try getting into journo (preferably broadcast over print). Though I was going to ask Lenny if he'd let me help him with some PR stuff for NZism lol. So once I leave I can say that I helped out with PR for an actual organisation. Even if it was unpaid and not professionally etc. And it's a win/win because I wouldn't mind helping NZism with stuff anyway.

As for if its up to date. I looked up that link Weazzy, and they had a CoD Blops review that was posted like, 2 months after it came out. I hope to god it's not like that for this. I also hope it's not massive douchebaggery. Like that random guy that does random game reviews on Juice TV. (I see it sometimes when it's on the tv in the gym.) Guy sounds like he's never properly played a video game in his life. Just reads some random review some other guy has read.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!