• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Capcom Classics Collection 2 (PS2) OUT NOW

Started by fluxcore, January 15, 2007, 10:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Release date: 20 April, 2007
gpstore: http://www.gpstore.co.nz/Games/1536414.html

FINALLY the local release of CCC2!!! Most importantly this includes an arcade perfect port of Super Street Fighter 2: Turbo, widely regarded as the best Street Fighter to date. This is NOT a release to be passed up!

Also has games such as 1941, Strider, Street Fighter 1, Quiz & Dragons... and about 20 more.

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Just a heads up, this is due for release tomorrow! Retail price is ~80 smackers.

Here's the full game list:
   1. 1941
   2. Avengers
   3. Black Tiger
   4. Block Block
   5. Captain Commando
   6. Eco Fighters
   7. Knights of the Round
   8. King of Dragons
   9. Last Duel
  10. Mega Twins
  11. Magic Sword
  12. Quiz and Dragons
  13. Side Arms
  14. The Speed Rumbler
  15. Street Fighter I
  16. Super Street Fighter II Turbo
  17. Strider
  18. Three Wonders
  19. Tiger Road
  20. Varth

Each game has 3 save slots that you can save to at any time, and bonus areas with art and whatnot.
SSF2T also has tutorial vids, which are viewable on sirlin's site here

For you cheaters here's the code to unlock everything:
(at title screen) Left on d-pad, Right on d-pad, Up on d-pad, Down on d-pad, L1, R1, L1, R1

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

All I need to do is make a stick for the PS2 :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

GPStore updated their release date to 02/03... so there you have it.

--flux

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: fluxcore on February 23, 2007, 10:33:40 AM
GPStore updated their release date to 02/03... so there you have it.

--flux

Well that just sucks but it aint the first time this has happened *sigh*
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

fluxcore

I have received an email from GPstore saying that the release has been pushed back (dur?) to the "solid" date of 20/04. Let's hope this is THE FINAL, CORRECT date!

--flux

fluxcore

GPstore sent another email update, 11th April (that's tomorrow!)

Hopefully it comes through this time!~

edit: Nope... 13th...

--flux

fluxcore

I now have confirmed shipping of CCC2 - in other words the release WILL be tomorrow! Hurrah!

--flux

fluxcore

CCC2 Has been released! I intend to put up some cover scans this evening (I dunno, just for the hell of it)

--flux

Wugga

Recieved my review copy on Thursday... goddamn SF1 is awful.  :P
Mashing all the wrong buttons since 1981

fluxcore

Actually, to be honest I haven't even put the disc in yet... been way too busy. But yeah, SF1... haha. Strider ftw though.

--flux

Coddfish

Is it still impossible to execute specials in SF1? :P

I've always wanted to play Strider, actually, but never got round to it. What sort of game is it? I will definitely pick this up when I have money. Although... South Africa is PAL territory, maybe I can get it while I'm away :D

fluxcore

The impossibility of doing specials in SF1 was intentional (I believe they must be done PRECISELY, ie a dragon punch is EXACTLY F, D, DF + P to the frame)... so yeah, they are still very difficult. Not surprising considering they take off about half life though.

Strider is a phenomenally tricky platformer (at least, tricky for me). It's bloody good though.

--flux

Wugga

God damn. I wish I could have Sirlin explain all the other Capcom fighting games to me...
Mashing all the wrong buttons since 1981

fluxcore

You're referring to the tutorial for ST? It's certainly a different approach, though the advanced section is pretty hardout (I'm thinking in particular the 'safe jumping attacks' against a waking up opponent... that's pretty much frame perfect timing! Wish I had the practice to do that!)

Some of the topics he covers are particularly good in that they can be taken across to many other games too. Controlling space in particular is so important in 2d games, 3d as well I suppose although lack of projectiles changes things a lot.

Anyway, I think he still has links to the youtube vids of them on his site, the ever-interesting sirlin.net, so anyone who hasn't seen them (and hasn't bought CCC2, the fools) can still view them.

--flux