• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ridethelightning

I like using dash > crouching short then launch... Air combo into Ultra

I use pretty much the same Air combo across all my characters as It's easy and does good damage.

How long can you juggle in Air for anyway?

Ryan

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what button config do most of you have on joystick?

A B C
D 1 2    ?  Is this the type B layout?

Has anyone tried

B C 1
A D 2 ?    I'm considering going with this as MVC2 habits are hard to break, but at the same time I also wanna play the most common layout, so have to change buttons less  ???
fighting game noob

scribble

I think most people will be using button layout B:

A B C
D 1 2

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

samurai black

type b seems to tbe way to go.

still trying to spit fly, unfly, spit with sent the old way  :D weird going qcb for HSF :/

theINFAMOUSkiwi

Can't wait to scrub it up tomorrow!

Lets go team ADD!  :D

Barnstorm

Having so much more success with keep away characters

Every time i try to rush down i lose to people who look like they are mashing
Right now my rush down team is morrigan spidey doom since both morrigan and spidey have instant overheads

Was trying pheonix but one mashed anything by the opponent and she dies

Its funny playing this after so many years of mvc2 i still hit wrong buttons such as assist 1 for launch with sent or hp for assist

Also how are you guys finding the online? the match making seems weird at the mo sometimes i cant find anyone in ranked or player

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bro the online is pretty shit ay. OK... It's really shit.

can hardly do easy combo's. It's gonna be unbearable after i learn the hard ones :(

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Barnstorm

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on February 17, 2011, 11:42:57 PM
Bro the online is pretty shit ay. OK... It's really shit.

can hardly do easy combo's. It's gonna be unbearable after i learn the hard ones :(

Im not sure bout ps3 but i find its not too bad on xbox but it says i have 4bar with usa in the lobbys so i dunno

amendonz

yeh i've had pretty good connections all round. although i did get someone disconnect right as a hit a finishing hyper... messaged him "wtf" and he replyed "man mvc connection is bs, hope they patch it soon, ggs btw real close"

fucker

Chocobuny

Quote from: amendonz on February 18, 2011, 12:35:42 AM
yeh i've had pretty good connections all round. although i did get someone disconnect right as a hit a finishing hyper... messaged him "wtf" and he replyed "man mvc connection is bs, hope they patch it soon, ggs btw real close"

fucker

Lol'd so fuckin hard.

Lennysaurus

ugh, played with Euan tonight and thought the online was pretty dreadful TBH.

-Fast game with bolo netcode is a bit shit
-Still no "Rematch" option
-Takes forever to actually get into a game with the timer countdown thingy

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Barnstorm

Quote from: Lennysaurus on February 18, 2011, 12:40:44 AM
ugh, played with Euan tonight and thought the online was pretty dreadful TBH.

-Fast game with bolo netcode is a bit shit
-Still no "Rematch" option
-Takes forever to actually get into a game with the timer countdown thingy

Are you playing in lobbys?
cos thats an option in the player matches

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Barnstorm on February 18, 2011, 12:46:43 AM
Are you playing in lobbys?
cos thats an option in the player matches

Oh thank fuck.  I just joined the game that Euan invited me to.  Sweet as if it has it.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

Barnstorm

Haggar lariat assist is so good

I was using:

thor
phoenix
hagar
My whole game plan was to use thor for meter gain with d,d+H and use hagar to get guys off me to do it

Every time i play without sent i feel as though i should have him especially if the opponent has him and uses xfactor

I also found with phoenix if you activate healing it looks as though some moves eg weskers super did no damage will have to test this more though

Edit after a quick test it looks like healing lessens the damage by more than half so weskers phantom dance did 1/5 of a meter damage (bad move to test tho since damage varies so after testing amaterasu super it did about 1/5 with healing and about 2/3 without so around 250k without and 100k with)