• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnstorm

I have also got my first hate mail already
Spamming arthur dagger
and said the same when i used morrigan and used her overhead dash +S

LN

Well you are a lameass dirty spammer in general so yeah :P

Man, hitstun from j.H and j.S is enormous, and hitstun from L is miniscule. I don't think I've ever had to press L->M so fast in any other game.

I can't imagine wanting to play VS anyone for quite some time. I too am suffering from 'auto mvc2 input' syndrome.

However I was playing it solid from about 6pm till 11:30 last night, and woke up this morning with various ideas in my head that I couldn't stop thinking about -_-

So even if I don't play vs this game is still fun. Doing Sentinel's missions had me laughing out loud
There is no knowledge that is not power

[NIUE] weazzyefff

What's up with his missions? Are they stupid or something? Farkk i need to crack that 100% crackdash Neo combo. Looking perrty mint.

I'm just learning BnB sort of combo's so far though. Like Sents other combo and Dante's normal gdlk combo.

I'm gonna drop akuma for Magneto. Cos my Akuma sux balls. He get's owned all the time and is just there to fill up my team lol. Magneto has no black colour though!!! WTF is up with that. Messing up my teams coulors and sheeiitt. He got two of the fugliest colours i've ever seen put together in an outfit!!! They want nobody playing Mag i'd say.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Rorooze

massi4h

^ Agree. Playing Aussies and Americans is almost the same in terms of how slow it is... Also had a guy rage quit on me twice in a row he tried to faggot me out with Mag/Arthur/Sent, but I just rushed his shit down, I had X23/Dante/Sent against him and I just needed to call Sent then hop/teleport over to the other side and free combo.

gunsmoke

Quote from: Ryan on February 17, 2011, 09:41:20 PM

Has anyone tried

B C 1
A D 2 ?    I'm considering going with this as MVC2 habits are hard to break, but at the same time I also wanna play the most common layout, so have to change buttons less  ???

I think i might start using this lay out but soon i get my PS3 .........(*_*)...

because this one it suit MVC2 old school player to goes like this at start up :

Tab A+1 at the same time or
Tab A+2 at the same time

like MVC2 lp or lk + assist 1 or assist  2 at the same time ( old school player should know wot i meant )

Because im having hard time when i use Beta button when u press A+1 So hard( because the 1 button was in the button middle( which register as old MVC2 button as HK button instead  )  . As A+ 2 is still easy .

Here goes like this :

X= Hold Button ( when pressing )

X M H                                                           X M H
S X 2 ( A+1) Is hard to press same time     S  1 X (A+2 ) this one is ok

U know wot i mean ?  ??? ::)
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

LN

I'd say it very much depends on which chars you're using. Some of them utilise the S button for various different special moves, which I think would be kinda annoying if S was in the MK position... I'm thinking Viper for one.
There is no knowledge that is not power

Ryan

Quote from: gunsmoke on February 18, 2011, 10:21:44 AM
I think i might start using this lay out but soon i get my PS3 .........(*_*)...

because this one it suit MVC2 old school player to goes like this at start up :

Tab A+1 at the same time or
Tab A+2 at the same time

like MVC2 lp or lk + assist 1 or assist  2 at the same time ( old school player should know wot i meant )

Because im having hard time when i use Beta button when u press A+1 So hard( because the 1 button was in the button middle( which register as old MVC2 button as HK button instead  )  . As A+ 2 is still easy .

Here goes like this :

X= Hold Button ( when pressing )

X M H                                                           X M H
S X 2 ( A+1) Is hard to press same time     S  1 X (A+2 ) this one is ok

U know wot i mean ?  ??? ::)

Yea that's exactly what I thought. But then I realised that only helps if the A button does medium attack too  :'( Rather than A+1, B... etc   confusing  ;D :P
fighting game noob

pookychoo

I like the B button layout personally.. in general it feels weird not having kicks, especially for executing some of the special moves, but i guess it really simplifies learning different characters moves a lot.

I've only played offline so far, but man Sent is a beast. I can't see me having a team without him, he looks so cool and seems quite well rounded too. Kind hoping he doesnt turn out to be imba in the long run so hes not seen as a lamer

Only got up to his level 7 mission yesterday, but now I saw in videos that the rocket punch is quite delayed in that mission, since its an OTG attack. Makes more sense after seeing it done, I kept trying to do it in the air. It's a pity there doesnt seem to be any playback function to show the combo in game before you try doing it, I think I saw that in a tekken game. Lots to learn in this game, still havent even used X factor or an aerial exchange yet. lol

stereomonkey

cobmo reply feature is in blazblue as well.

Damn capcom, lol.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

geneterror

Yeah it's like a lot of reviews are saying the game itself is awesome but the modes/options are pretty shit really. No replays, I mean c'mon.

Things I would like to see happen/change:
The option to see the computer do the training missions.
Replay saves...when someone smashes me I want to go back and watch it to see what I was doing wrong.
I hate the button config menu, make it like HD Remix/MvC2.
Put the button options on the character select screen, especially with a game that has more than one layout but no common one. At least let us choose A, B or C layout at the character select. This is going to be horrible for tourneys as everyone sets up their button every game.
Spectator mode for online lobbies.
If no Spectator mode then at least let me use training mode while I wait for my turn.

Basically Capcom go and look at Blazblue's menu/options/story mode and go sort your shit out :P

One thing I do like is the option to save 3 preset teams so you don't have to keep rechoosing everything after each match!
KOW 2011

Barnstorm

Quote from: geneterror on February 18, 2011, 01:49:49 PM

The option to see the computer do the training missions.
Replay saves...when someone smashes me I want to go back and watch it to see what I was doing wrong.
I hate the button config menu, make it like HD Remix/MvC2.

Put the button options on the character select screen, especially with a game that has more than one layout but no common one. At least let us choose A, B or C layout at the character select. This is going to be horrible for tourneys as everyone sets up their button every game.
Spectator mode for online lobbies.
If no Spectator mode then at least let me use training mode while I wait for my turn.

Basically Capcom go and look at Blazblue's menu/options/story mode and go sort your shit out :P

One thing I do like is the option to save 3 preset teams so you don't have to keep rechoosing everything after each match!

These things should be standard with a fighting game really

Also you can just play training mode and have fight request on not sure what it is like tho

originaljulz

It's like when I'm in an actual match and mashing my buttons, I'm having an orgasm, it's so fun. Then when I'm out of a match, every single thing about the game grinds my gears like hell.

And net code is fucking shit as.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

theINFAMOUSkiwi

They should bring a patch out soon, so hopefully they will include fixes to some of the problems people are talking about.

CptMunta

Played it for the first time at starbase last night got owned but love it so far. You gotta see this not because commentating I was pretty overtired and hype) in a laughably poor manner but because Haggar and this guys Spencer is so godlike:

www.justin.tv/iplaywinner/b/279801144

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta