• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

You can do it from up and left or right as well.

Working on something that works on down exchange atm.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Lennysaurus

Also you can get it off the DOwn exchange, but can't DHC glitch with tron off the down one.

I changed the combo Stu.  It's easier and does more damage now than the one we were mucking around with.

CaptainHook

How does the different exchange directions affect what can combo after it?
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Lennysaurus

It changes the height that the character enters the screen at.  For the combo I listed above, Magneto needs to be reasonably high in the air when he performs the DHC glitch in order to make Tron's super hit.

massi4h

A lot of the time the up exchange can give better combo opportunities as the down exchange uses up your ground bounce and side exchange uses your wall bounce.

electric

Quote from: massi4h on April 14, 2011, 11:29:45 AM
A lot of the time the up exchange can give better combo opportunities as the down exchange uses up your ground bounce and side exchange uses your wall bounce.

Really ? I had no idea - I thought you could just keep banging them out as long as they didn't guess correctly... Just goes to show how much I actually use this :/ Cheers Mason
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CaptainHook

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

massi4h

Oh yeah they will always ground bounce, even following one, but if you do one first then you can't get the ground bounce.

IE you can launch with dante, then go b,b,c, killer bee (ground bounces), relaunch b, b, c, down+s and still combo with the next character, but if you do say launch with wesker and go b,b,c, down+s into dante, then if dante follows up with killer bee they'll roll out when they hit the ground. You can can infinitely relaunch into down+s (easy with DHC glitch), but as soon as you do a down+s or side+s you can't do any normal ground/wallbounce. Hope that makes sense.

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Nick4now

Ohhh while we're on the aerial exchange topic, I know that down gives you a full meter, sideways gives half a meter and up gives more damage. But how much more damage do you get if you use up?

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

massi4h

They all do the same damage iirc, up just pushes them up. But usually you can get better combos off up, rather than the other directions.

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Nah. Up does the most damage, down builds like a whole meter.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

originaljulz

HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!