• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Oh true. Isn't Akuma's sj. DK pretty easy to block high on reaction?

You playing Akuma too Mason? You learned that combo wich starts with L,m,h,f.H, dfdp? Fuck i just learned his dfdk BnB (finally) and saw that one. Was like 'aw fuck' lol.

You better not be playing Dante too kieeent. Have the same fucking team as me and half the player base lol. They so popular these chars. Luckily mine are  the standard beasts on PSN.

I honestly think the meanest team would be deadpool/sent/Phoenix. I might try it. These are the hardest chars i've fought anyway lol.

edit: OMG fuck fucking dark phoenix in the fucking ass the bitch is too broken. Can't even move she kill whole team so easy. Her shit life means nothing when you can't move. And only way to beat her is to get a lucky random super. ANY TIPS YO!!!
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

Of course I'm playing akuma, not sure if he'll be on my main team yet though and yeah I can do that combo but the range is right off unless you're in the corner or you can hit confirm c.a, c.b to f.c it just feels weird. Not playing Dante just mess around with him now and then I just play him like Marn in the really old videos, don't even know half his moves.

And Dark Phoenix you just need to hit her lol. Stop doing random supers unless they have invincibility or you can safe DHC. So many idiots just waste like 4 bars of super with Dante by shooting out 4 jackpots in a row wtf. But na you just gotta hit her man or chip her before she x factors. When I was playing Alan yesterday in one of the games he had Phoenix vs my Sent. I got a launch into 3 hit combo and she died and turned into D.Ph. I fell to the ground and somehow landed on the other side. Pushed launch and killed her in another 3 hit combo lol.

LN

I'm really having trouble seeing how people are expecting large tournament turnouts for this game...
There is no knowledge that is not power

Hydro

Yeah I agree, it's like completely random thanks to X-factor nonsense. 

amendonz

hard to really know what capcom were thinking tbh.

maybe "hey mvc2 was broken as hell, thats still in competition,  how about we release an even more random broken mess. they'l love it!"

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: massi4h on February 20, 2011, 04:42:09 AM
And Dark Phoenix you just need to hit her lol. Stop doing random supers unless they have invincibility or you can safe DHC. So many idiots just waste like 4 bars of super with Dante by shooting out 4 jackpots in a row wtf. But na you just gotta hit her man or chip her before she x factors. When I was playing Alan yesterday in one of the games he had Phoenix vs my Sent. I got a launch into 3 hit combo and she died and turned into D.Ph. I fell to the ground and somehow landed on the other side. Pushed launch and killed her in another 3 hit combo lol.

Yer that's what i mean you have to get something on her randomly. Chipping her before she use x factor is pretty random. So many things can go wrong. Yer Dante million dollars is so unsafe. I don't do that shit. And 'just hit her' is pretty fucking hard when she lock down  mix up your ass and kill you before you can do anything. Then you next char come out she do it again. Only way i've beat her was by doin random supers. After she throw fireball and i wait for teleport of something and just super. She can throw out a random Big bird thing to kill you if you try a random super too.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

MistaTCR

I'm not use to throws. Every time I want to start a combo with a lp, I get thrown.  :-[
I think I'm playing this game wrong. An yeah Phoenix is a crazy ass bitch.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: amendonz on February 20, 2011, 10:30:14 AM
maybe "hey mvc2 was broken as hell, thats still in competition,  how about we release an even more random broken mess. they'l love it!"

And we do!  :D

CptMunta

Quote from: MistaTCR on February 20, 2011, 06:37:38 PM
I'm not use to throws. Every time I want to start a combo with a lp, I get thrown.  :-[
I think I'm playing this game wrong. An yeah Phoenix is a crazy ass bitch.

I was lucky enough to see Ricky Ortiz and Fillipino champ play a bit today. Ryan and Ricky think it's always going to come down to phoenix vs phoenix. Ricky doesn't like it and doesn't think he'll pick it up sadly. FChamp is going to play it but still have ssf4 as his main game. FChamp thinks it still fun though.

I'll try and upload some casuals if I get the chance. I'll set it on link only for you guys. Dunno if it was John Choi or Ricky vs Ryan that I caught on video.

I still haven't had more than 10 games or so even. Just liked using Aurthur as the last guy on my team and ghouls and ghosting people to death ;)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

massi4h

LN

Quote from: CptMunta on February 20, 2011, 07:54:42 PM
Ricky doesn't like it and doesn't think he'll pick it up sadly

That's not a good sign :/

QuoteFChamp is going to play it

Also not a good sign lol
There is no knowledge that is not power

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer man fuck i was waiting for someone to reply with some awesome anti Phoenix shiz. Fuck.

And yer this games getting alot of mixed reactions. I like it. But i hate Phoenix. More then Sentinal.

I'm kinda guttered that the pros feel that way too. I thought they was gonna have the answer to her lol.

massi4h

Well if you got a good mixup character like magneto you can try snap her in then jump at her and kill her in a basic combo before she has 5 bars. Could work with akuma maybe. I haven't seen a good one yet so I dunno what she's really capable of. Also with like akuma instead of mashing a random super, mash an uppercut and cancel into air super lol. That's much safer. Should be possible with others just gotta find what moves are invincible.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: massi4h on February 20, 2011, 10:02:36 PM
Well if you got a good mixup character like magneto you can try snap her in then jump at her and kill her in a basic combo before she has 5 bars. Could work with akuma maybe. I haven't seen a good one yet so I dunno what she's really capable of. Also with like akuma instead of mashing a random super, mash an uppercut and cancel into air super lol. That's much safer. Should be possible with others just gotta find what moves are invincible.

Haha that's a pretty good idea with Akuma mash uppercut. I didn't know mash DP was any good in this game cos don't know the properties of anything.

CAn you snapback any char out? And is hard tag more safer in this one then Mvc2. Cos it's hard to punish sometimes. Especially the dog. And it's a pretty good strat to just hard tag out ay lol. If your feeling it you know.