• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Akuma's heavy dp is invincible all the way up and combos into air super off the second hit. And when you snapback the assist button you push determines which assist character it pulls out. Actually I don't know how viable that is gonna be on Phoenix cause she could just hold her assist button down as shes coming in and teleport and then instant tag. Tags aren't safe but you pretty much gotta see them coming to get a full punish or else the best you'll get is a full screen super to punish.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yer i know ay. Hard tags are almost safe the way you just throw it out there and the other guy like 'oh shit, aww fuck'. OK that other guy is mostly me. I try not to do it cos it's not safe. But after seeing it done by pro players and shit. I'm starting to think oh fuck it. I'll abuse it while people aren't clicked on yet.

It sucks how you can't air combo them if they super jump. I've been thrashing super jumps and drones. Feels gdlk as lol. Then stop and watch them super nothing lol. Use the mint dive kick Akuma and no hit, sj again lol.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Barnstorm

Yo lenny that haggar pipe is so good

And does ryu beat arthur or is mine just shit?

I realized after a couple games that i had to play keep away against hulk and haggar till i could make you block so i could start some rush down cos 1 hit and i was toast

was good fun though

CaptainHook

Played this for the first time today. I had it turned on for about 10 mins and started with the missions before Rory invited me to a game. He smashed me for like 3-4 games then left, so i went back to the missions. Got up to number 10 for wolverine but i'm just too retarded to time the player 2 assist and get it to combo. Gonna try the other char missions hopefully this week and try find someone i like that way. Trying to actually put a team together at the moment seems pointless. Playing Rory i just chose the random char select option and mashed moves the whole time to see what moves they did. lol.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Flash

posted on ozhadou.

MvC3 tournament rules discussion
« on: Yesterday at 07:52:47 PM »

Something that noodalls posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3hBgW4pVEc

The game can recognise 3 (4?) directions at once, this makes for some mega stupid option selects.

Should "hitbox" controllers, keyboards, control pads, etc, anything other than a standard arcade stick just be banned?

edit: it definitely recognises 4 directions at once, and pressing left+right on a control pad with the pad+stick automatically blocks overheads and crossups. However it doesn't look like you can OS escape air exchange combos...

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

Flash

Maybe an idea for us later on also posted on ozhadou

MVC3 - General Discussion / Re: PSN - Post match feedback
« Last post by CoolzInferno on Today at 01:36:07 AM »

Just a thought, but if we all set out language preferences to some sort of strangely distinct language (like Polski, Italiano, Francais, Korean...) and decide on that as a universal for the forum, we could probably set up Ranked matches between us since I believe the system would only match up people who have also chosen those settings.

The problem then would be just not being able to get a game at all with people who are totally unaware of 'the code'. Assuming there were an organized time where everyone would play ranked, this would probably help avoid playing a million random Singaporeans and Malaysians thouh.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

LN

Quote from: CaptainHook on February 21, 2011, 02:22:29 AM
i'm just too retarded to time the player 2 assist and get it to combo

In general I think with most of those combos the trick is to press the assist at the same time as the button preceding it in the combo. That's certainly how a lot of those combos worked in MvC2, and so far has been my experience with MvC3 as well.
There is no knowledge that is not power

Rorooze

yeah that's true alan. I was trying to figure it out yesterday and it seemed to work for the few assist combos I tried to get.

It looks to me as if the region setting for ranked matches is based on a more global scale, so we are in asia pacific or something, unlike street fighter where it is based solely on country. I think it's quite good because we get to play both kiwis and australians without having to change our country in the xbox settings.

CaptainHook

Oh cool, thanks for the tip Alan, i'll give that a try.

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

Ridethelightning

I'm sure most of you have read/seen this but

http://shoryuken.com/content/tragic-s-training-mode-adventures-part-10-marvel-vs-capcom-3-bolo-loops-3677/

Taking out a character in one combo seems a little extreme, but that Ryu one was insane

CaptainHook

Quote from: LN on February 21, 2011, 07:37:24 AM
In general I think with most of those combos the trick is to press the assist at the same time as the button preceding it in the combo. That's certainly how a lot of those combos worked in MvC2, and so far has been my experience with MvC3 as well.

Doesn't seem to work with this particular combo..
I think because you have to time the assist after launching the opponent, doing M M H S in the air and then the assist has to come after you've both hit the ground?
Timing must be quite tight which is why i suck. I still don't understand how people can do one frame links reliably. That's WAY more accurate with timing
than even the BEST musicians in this country i've ever recorded.  ??? (a large part of my recording day would be to typically shift timing and make it more accurate
in music.. haha)

Anyway, i'll keep this tip in mind for other combos, but does anyone have any hints on this? Just accept defeat and move on? LOL.

HoneyBadger

Do your air combo slower so you're closer to the ground and can call your assist faster.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

CaptainHook

Cool thanks, i'll keep trying. If i do it too slow the S misses from the air combo.. Maybe i need to wait a bit longer before starting the whole air combo itself..?

Maybe i'll start a missions thread so this stuff is easier to find for other retards like me.

samurai black