• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: massi4h on February 22, 2011, 01:38:07 AM
OK I'm not going back to the SRK Storm forums for a while. I just read about 10 different posts of people saying they developed a new combo and it's just the bnb...

Hahahahahaahhahaahahhahh. I was laughing at you looking on SRK for Sent strats.

Yer it's pretty dead and unorganised ay.

And are you sure it does that chuk? Cos i been doin it heaps and didn't notice it lagging in training.

edit: Fuck i must be tired i though that said Sent not Storm lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Flash

What combos are you guys using i've been learning tragics combos from youtube have them at about 80% they take good damage but they're really hard to use online, was just curious if your learning these combos or if its better to learn basic ones.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

Chuckk

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on February 22, 2011, 01:54:27 AM
Hahahahahaahhahaahahhahh. I was laughing at you looking on SRK for Sent strats.

Yer it's pretty dead and unorganised ay.

And are you sure it does that chuk? Cos i been doin it heaps and didn't notice it lagging in training.

I can't guarantee it, maybe mine's defaulted to that for some reason, but both of the 2 times I've been online, and then gone to training mode, it's been set to 4 bars not 5. So keep an eye out for it at least.

And yeah Mason storm forums are ass. All those combos they post are the same shit and I think the bnb lenny suggested does more damage than jc MMH.

RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

massi4h

Bro you want me to post up your scrubby questions in the Akuma forum? I've kept quiet about them for you lol.

@Flash, pretty much use whatever looks like a bnb. I usually go for the best damaging combo but when online usually go for easier ones. Like I can do those fancy x-23 combos but with online lag it's almost impossible for me so I usually just go magic series to launch to bbc dive, otg ankle slicer.

A lot of trag's combos are very execution based and really situational, alot of them have extra flash in rather than damage, so really you just wanna get down your strongest combos from the corner and midscreen per character, get familiar with those (pretty much dial em in whenever you hit confirm) then start using other setups that might give mixups or whatever, but yeah I generally stick to mildly basic bnbs and add a bit of fancyness if I need to.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Haha bro that's some other guy. I knew those combo's day one cos i'm beast like J Wong. Fuck, i shoulda use different name so you's don't know it's me. Fuck.

I'm pretty sure your one of the noobs on there too lol.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

massi4h

Oi I never said it had any invulnerability I just said it's good for getting in on Deadpool then said in the next post it has some startup. I guess I better go away with it now, Akuma's teleport has a 14 frame vulnerable startup (dumb) but it does have an only 4 frame recovery and is super cancelleable the whole way through. Still both Akuma's and Dante's teleports aren't fast enough to punish a dumbass fullscreen Dante super.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

If you want to play online, dont bother learning combos. Just learn Haggar/Hulk/Sent and pair two of them with the morrigan meter assist. You are now godlike at MVC3 online.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Pinolicious

I just got cheesed by solo phoenix with 5bar hyper who turned into dark phoenix with kfc activated.  total wtf cheese.
<PSN> Kriselda

CrazyMobius

So a lot of people seem to be talking about Haggars pipe being strong. Is this just his Heavy Attack? What does it do?

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CrazyMobius on February 22, 2011, 08:48:52 AM
So a lot of people seem to be talking about Haggars pipe being strong. Is this just his Heavy Attack? What does it do?

It bounces them off the ground. from which Haggar can do half life on most characters using no meter.  You do it by jumping and pressing down+C.

Haggar is the anti rushdown.  Hes not bad, but gets zoned out pretty easily.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Lennysaurus on February 22, 2011, 08:53:14 AM
It bounces them off the ground. from which Haggar can do half life on most characters using no meter.  You do it by jumping and pressing down+C.

Haggar is the anti rushdown.  Hes not bad, but gets zoned out pretty easily.

Ah thanks.

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

Nick4now

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Barnstorm

Another amazing online tactic with sent is drones over and over

Easy as shit to get out of off line but its like throw breaks on sf4 online

Also whats the best character for meter building I have been using thor d,d+H with hagar lariat to get people off me but there must be a better way to do it than that

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power