• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: LN on February 23, 2011, 07:28:19 AM
You gotta do a lot more quitting  than that to get put in hell.

Yeah I read in the manual that it says intentional disconnections "restrict" your online play. Interesting idea.

IR U IM B IL E

Quote from: massi4h on February 23, 2011, 12:43:41 AM
Just played the biggest faggot I've ever played in any game in my life (no it's not Birry Wong).

His GT was JUSTIN BIEBEER. Pretty much he has a massive lag switch forcing our game to make every 1 second in the game about 10-20 seconds in real life no joke. The game couldn't even read any special moves from me I had to slow down my inputs really slow and still nothing would come out. He starts out with Arthur and runs to one side at the start, then keeps throwing that axe at me and I pretty much can't do anything. Just before he won the connection dropped lol. Honestly I want this faggot banned, he's got a 50 something to 9 win/loss ratio and the thing is you don't wanna quit against him or else you could be soon put into the ragequit bin and not have anyone to play with.

Yes I'm mad.

Played that guy last night. I just turned my xbox off after a minute. I cant believe you played him for the whole match. That was Viewtiful Joe Slow Mo x 10.
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

Rorooze

on xbox you can go on his profile and file a report against him if you do you shouldn't get paired up against him.

Barnstorm

I have also played the justin beiber guy

he used sent and did drones over and over again and I couldnt jump out because of lag

I messaged him and said
"only online will that work"
he replied "piss off cunt"

pookychoo

Quote from: LN on February 22, 2011, 10:03:57 PM

http://shoryuken.com/content/only-problem-mvc3-you-3694/

Interesting read, although could have easily been summarised as;

the designers wanted the game to be easy for noobs to give them a chance, dont worry pros will win anyway, stop whining and let everyone figure out the game before claiming how broken it is.

I think the examples of imba in other games he uses are bad, because he implies that they were intentionally made that way. But IMO stuff like 6 pool and noob tube are just stuff that is difficult to predict that they would be too strong, or if they are made weaker it can make them pointless or affect other aspects of the game.

I think XFC is the biggest question right now with the game, and to me it seems too strong, partly because level 3 is so strong, and partly because damage is so high in general. The characters themselves will get worked out, and maybe some of them do need balancing, but that is fine in itself. I kind of wonder whether XFC should have been defensive only, giving immunity to chip, regen, and the potential to use it to interrupt, or maybe super armor.

LN

I don't see how noob tube could not have been noticed as considerably potent, unless absolutely 0 field testing was done... but yeah, you're not wrong.

There is no knowledge that is not power

massi4h

Well CoD tournaments don't use perks and attachments anyway so noob tubes are just for online casual pubs which I don't see a problem with anyway. People can cry about your noob tube but then you kill them and then they lie on the ground and bust out their pistol and shoot you or they get a chopper. But yeah good article.

LN

It's not like the game came out and the competition ruleset was already defined with only basic perks like bandolier, it had to be determined at some point. Sure NOW you can say 'oh that's only on pubs', but 1 week after game release it wasn't the case.
There is no knowledge that is not power

originaljulz

Noob toobing isn't even that imba. Yes, I hate it with a vengeance, but it's kinda like quick scoping. If a whole team of tubers / quick scopers verses a whole team just playing normally, more often than not the second team would win. It's not really going to give you too much of an advantage, you're just not playing the game fairly or in a way that the designers intended.

Toobing is just a cheap dirty kill (or with scavenger or one man army (mw2) constant cheap dirty kills), and the main reason why it's so annoying is because in a 1v1 when you come up against a tuber, with lag etc etc, he'll just 1 shot you and blarg, there's your streak gone.

But back on topic, Wesker seems hard to use. Just scrub mashing and doing the noob LMHS jump LMHS etc kinda stuff doesn't work well.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

Barnstorm

Quote from: originaljulz on February 23, 2011, 01:13:37 PM
Noob toobing isn't even that imba. Yes, I hate it with a vengeance, but it's kinda like quick scoping. If a whole team of tubers / quick scopers verses a whole team just playing normally, more often than not the second team would win. It's not really going to give you too much of an advantage, you're just not playing the game fairly or in a way that the designers intended.

Toobing is just a cheap dirty kill (or with scavenger or one man army (mw2) constant cheap dirty kills), and the main reason why it's so annoying is because in a 1v1 when you come up against a tuber, with lag etc etc, he'll just 1 shot you and blarg, there's your streak gone.

But back on topic, Wesker seems hard to use. Just scrub mashing and doing the noob LMHS jump LMHS etc kinda stuff doesn't work well.

I think the biggest issue with the noob tube is that it is attached to a assault rifle because its at least 2 kills with the tube then what ever else you can get with the gun

World at war got it right by only being usable on a semi auto gun

Also have you guys seen this last match around 44min this is the kind of thing i was talking about with sent and your in the corner

massi4h

OK well Julian, first of all air combos are almost always best using mmhs rather than lmhs. But basically a good standard combo with Wesker is c.l, c.m, c.h xx ghost butterfly xx l teleport, (m, h,) s, j.m, j.m, j.h, j.s or maximum wesker. If you end with j.s you can otg with df+h and either cancel with a teleport for mixups or throw it out with an assist then combo into maximum wesker or level 3. Dante's assist works real well for this, other assists mainly only work in the corner.

originaljulz

God that's confusing. But I will do my best to learn that.

Lol Doom, Dante, Wesker is still fun to play even though I don't reeeeally know what I'm doing. I do better with Ryu, Akuma, Ironman lol.

geneterror

Bro sort it out, you play BB this shit should be childsplay :P :-*
KOW 2011

massi4h

originaljulz