• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick4now

Quote from: samurai black on March 03, 2011, 10:56:56 PM
haggar assist doesnt hit low tho, so maybe get in low at the end of his spin and use a ranged assist of some sort to cover your approach.

Harder done than said  :P Get your PS3 fixed so we can play!!

Quote from: samurai black on March 03, 2011, 11:39:24 PM
tell us what team you're using. probably be able to provide better advice than the rather generic stuff on offer so far.

What he said. Get your PS3 fixed so we can play!!

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

CrazyMobius

Quote from: CaptainHook on March 03, 2011, 11:50:42 PM
I've only really played some friends that don't play fighting games who just mash so far, but what i found worked on them was having some
instant assist that lasts a little bit to make them block.. if they block high i crouch attack and get the feet into combo, if blocked low overhead into death.
Works on scrubs who are worse than me (and i'm fucking useless), prob on no one else though. LOL.

Edit// Oh mason just answered. Listen to him, not my crap. Haha.

That's really useful advice. I don't want to have to pick a specific team just to beat a certain type of play.

Also the characters I don't really use a specific team. I use a combination of about 6 characters.

geneterror

Come around to my house for some offline games Simon. I need to catch up with Steve as well, I don't know if he's even played MvC3 yet.
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CrazyMobius on March 04, 2011, 08:33:59 AM
That's really useful advice. I don't want to have to pick a specific team just to beat a certain type of play.

Also the characters I don't really use a specific team. I use a combination of about 6 characters.

What characters are you using?  Cause that will effect heavily how you will deal with the projectile spam.

It is also highly likely that certain combinations of characters are just plain shit, and you will likely have to change you're team.

Who do you use and in what order/teams?  Can't really tell you much till you say that.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CaptainHook

Quote from: Lennysaurus on March 04, 2011, 09:33:55 AM
What characters are you using?  Cause that will effect heavily how you will deal with the projectile spam.

The question i responded to was about someone who just sits there blocking and he felt just throwing them wasn't doing enough damage..

So i guess there's two question you'll be answering when he posts his team.  :D
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CaptainHook on March 04, 2011, 09:54:48 AM
The question i responded to was about someone who just sits there blocking and he felt just throwing them wasn't doing enough damage..

So i guess there's two question you'll be answering when he posts his team.  :D

Someone just down backing in this game will get blown up pretty bad.  Just need to know which characters to learn what to do against it.  Alot of characters can combo from throw for good damage too, so yeah, just need to know the characters to help a brother out.

CaptainHook

Yeah cool. Can we do a "level-up" session some time? Before first blood? Heheheh.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

CrazyMobius

I play a mixture of the following chars: Arthur, Hulk, Spider-man, Wolverine, Haggar, Ryu, Ammy and wanting to pick up Thor.

originaljulz

Quote from: CaptainHook on March 04, 2011, 12:03:24 PM
Yeah cool. Can we do a "level-up" session some time? Before first blood? Heheheh.

I'm keen. I don't get a lot of time to play so I feel like I'm gonna get smashed at Firstblood without even having any fun doing so.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

samurai black

Quote from: Nick4now on March 04, 2011, 12:38:42 AM
Harder done than said  :P Get your PS3 fixed so we can play!!

What he said. Get your PS3 fixed so we can play!!

nah, just abandon chch and move to auckland  :D

Quote from: CrazyMobius on March 04, 2011, 01:51:58 PM
I play a mixture of the following chars: Arthur, Hulk, Spider-man, Wolverine, Haggar, Ryu, Ammy and wanting to pick up Thor.

oh dude, you should be out-spamming them with arthur. hulk's gamma wave eats projectiles and you should be punching through any projectile they throw out with ryu and shinkuu. cant say about the others but its a start.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CrazyMobius on March 04, 2011, 01:51:58 PM

I can play a couple of those characters.  Will post some thoughts.

Arthur:
I play Arthur in my main team, and TBH I deal with projectile spammers by spamming my own projectiles.  I tend to find that one on one, no one else can beat Arthur in a projectile war.  He does massive chip damage on his moves, including his super (Goddess bracelet).  Have you worked out which ones are effective for which projectile spammers?

Daggers (QCF+L can throw three by mashing L)
His Bread and butter projectile does good chip, and controls alot of space.  Stops any advance along the ground, and if you do them off a normal jump he can control a shit ton of space.  Basically use these to push them back and maintain your spacing.  Beats all regular projectiles but loses to some of the stronger beam attacks.

Lances (QCF+M can throw two by mashing M)
All non-super beams and projectiles lose to this.  The first lance will eat the beam and the second lance will hit them.  Similar to dagger with a slightly larger hitbox and slighlty more startup.  If youre against a beam character, and you manage to dodge a beam then use this to win the projectile war.  Once you get two of them out you can keep spamming them to make people stop beaming you.

Scythe (QCB+M)
Throws a big-ass scythe.  Once it is out it will travel through beams and projectiles and hit the opponent.  So its a good way tto get them blocking, or hit so that you can start winding up your lances to stop them beaming you.  Also, if they aren't beaming when you throw it you can throw three daggers afterwards and hit confirm into goddess bracelet for 400k.  Controls alot of space, and gives you alot of advantage after throw it.  Think of it as a sonic boom that eats other projectiles/beams.  Just be careful though, as if you get hit on your startup it won't come out.  It also gets eaten up by supers so be careful of that.

Crossbow (QCF+H)
The jump crossbow bolt hits forward and down.  So if someone is beam spamming you can normal jump the beam and tag them with crossbow.  Also if you activate King Arthur mode, the Crossbow bolt homes.  So you can just super jump and spam it all day and make people sad that try and keep away.

Mostly with Arthur if you are on the end of projectile spam, you need to weave you're way in and out of there stuff, and blow through around it with your own, and then start your own spam, which is in most cases, alot more effective.

Ryu:
Honestly, get one bar and fuckin laser them through whatever it is they are doing.  IMO, Ryu with bar is probably one of the most dangerous characters in the game.  Just react to any spam they do with Super hadoken.  Loads of neutral jump over theier stuff, and if you see them call an assist, or whiff a beam, or even do a projectile that has startup, fuckin laser them.

Haggar:
Lose.  Try and superjump over to them and pipe them, but in most cases you're fucked.  If you manage to get them in the corner it's not too bad cause of the range on pipe, and the half life, no meter combo you get from pipe.

Ammy:
Although I dont play the dog from what I have seen, if you manage to jump a beam etc and see it whif, then hammer them with the fullscreen super.  Be careful that you won't get hit out during the animation though.

She can also super jump dash forward and come down ambiguously with her Heavy attack.  Works really well.

And she also has her own projectiles she can spam in the ice stance.  She is really versatile so you just need to mix it up.

Um... Hope that helps some.

Barnstorm

spidey has instant over head with s+atk his web dash
Which also closes the distance really well

Other wise crossup with an assist and web dash

Other wise i cant think of much else from the brief time spent playing him

CrazyMobius

Thanks guys. Been reading the guide and there is a lot of info in there to point me in the right direction.

samurai black

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.