• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

Why because you don't like playing against them?

I HATE playing Zero, but I'm not gonna bitch about and start screaming for nerfs.

I also agree that the Sent nerf is a kneejerk reaction. I would rather play against Sent than a good Zero, Ammy or even a really good Mags. Health wasn't his problem it's his damage output and if he is smokin' ya you just need to be more careful and block more/better.

Just for you Josh I might drop Storm and put Hulk in my team making it Hulk, Tron, Sent haha :-*.
KOW 2011

electric

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on March 23, 2011, 08:58:57 AM
Now they just need to nerf hulk and tron.

Why you so salty bro ? lol

Total kneejerk reaction - balance patches one month in ? Pretty harsh call, really

Also, FYI Josh, I dropped Sent for Wesker a few days ago - gonna give him a decent run since I've got some fresh new Tron combos for you lol

@Graeme - need some games against you bro!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Rorooze on March 23, 2011, 08:56:02 AM
knee jerk reaction imo. Sentinels health isn't what made him so strong. And given you can kill sentinel in one combo with no KFC, hard to see why this was done.

Its part of the reason that made him dumb though because he could afford to make more mistakes than any other character and get the most reward. Keen to see these combos that 100% pre nerf sentinel. I can do it with my team but thats because of the dhc trick.

I actually like this nerf although its kinda weird having a massive robot with pixie life. Id like it if they nerfed his xfc as well and give him some utility. Make him cool to watch like he was in 2

Rorooze

I'm pretty scrub and I can't recall a time that I won because sentinel has beast health, if I ended up winning purely because of sentinel it is because his level 3 KFC makes him do 220% of base damage. They should have knocked that down to something like 150% and left the health as it was.

Sentinel is now the glass cannon of the game, maybe that's what they were going for?

geneterror

Quote from: [8-----D] Toots on March 23, 2011, 09:18:18 AM
Its part of the reason that made him dumb though because he could afford to make more mistakes than any other character and get the most reward.
Fair call.
KOW 2011

karizzma

Ya my 3 most hated characters. You would have the same team as electric if you did change your characters so...

I think the nerf was pretty severe but he keeps his clutch factor so it isn't all bad. They should have put his health in line with hulk and lower his x factor damage by 10% or something.

electric

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on March 23, 2011, 09:22:30 AM
I think the nerf was pretty severe but he keeps his clutch factor so it isn't all bad. They should have put his health in line with hulk and lower his x factor damage by 10% or something.

Yeah, I think this would have been a more sane way to go - meet somewhere in the middle

But hey, what's done is done... Keen to see what the dedicated Sentinel players do now

[NIUE]iRONSoL

wow poor robot. its not so bad, i mean he still does the damage right? just gotta play a bit less dumb now :D

and NO: "LEAVE HULK ALOOOONE!"
pringles

Rorooze

pretty sure masons combo with akuma earlier in the thread kills sentinel without KFC.

pixie robot, lol.

karizzma

Bloody hell all these hulk lovers lol.

Were there any other noticeable changes? I hear the the Akuma infinite got taken away or is this not true?

PS. Try a new combo on me Eru? You barely hit me most games.

[8-----D] Toots

lol rory everyone in this game is a glass cannon if not then your character is just glass.

Pretty hefty nerf to sent drones assist as you can really kill him now with one bad assist call. On point he is effectively the same but you wont have to bust your balls(xfc, tons of super meter) to kill him.

Quote from: [SAS]karizzma on March 23, 2011, 09:22:30 AM

So from 4 hits to kill a character with xfactor activated to 5 hits? Hopefully they put in an option to remove xfc

electric

Akuma tatsu hitstun got nerfed, so the infinite is gone

Nigga I got throw combos now - I don't need to hit you lol

geneterror

Quote from: electric on March 23, 2011, 09:17:53 AM@Graeme - need some games against you bro!
Any time bro just flick me a msg. I was gonna invite you last night but ended up getting my ass handed to me by Snakey again for a while :'(
KOW 2011

stereomonkey

Good to see he still has the damage.  Would have been nice to see more mobility from the stupid fat robot like in 2.

also, DORMAMMU!!!!!!! :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"