• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Marvel vs Capcom 3: XFC owns you! Post release thread

Started by fluxcore, February 15, 2011, 08:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Wolverine is a simple character to learn with a reasonably low skillcap. Thats all I'm saying. I don't think this is an incorrect assessment of the character. I wasn't talking about what hes good at/bad at. He's an easy character to pick up and play. Thats it. Thats all I said. Youre making it sound like i said some shit like "WOLV IS EASY HE GIVS U FREE WINZ. PLAE MAGZ SCRUB". I didn't. And I don't think that either. This is a stupid argument.

I compared him to mags for the sole reason that mags has a higher skillcap, mostly due to his versatility. Theres more stuff to learn with Magneto than Wolverine.  Also not an assessment that I think is incorrect.

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

JackSmash

Quote from: Nick4now on March 25, 2011, 05:01:54 PM

Btw is there a way to combo into Tempest mid screen? Or is comboing Hyper Grav xx Tempest in the corner the only way?

You call an assist that can juggle them in the middle of your combo midscreen. Then it gives you enough time to hyper grab -> tempest. 

[NIUE] weazzyefff

True i've only played with five chars in this game. But all der bnb's did more than Magneto's combo.

He's still beast of course. How much his BnB do after 1 super? And how much metre it gain? Sorry for asking laazy man questions haha.

Hulk's one in corner do fuckin 793 or some shit like that.

I know the lvl 3 is fucking beast dmg. Everyone's is pretty beast dmg.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Nick4now

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on March 25, 2011, 04:11:07 PM
Dante would have mean dmg if his combo's weren't so stupidly inconsistent due to difficulty.

Execution wise, they don't seem too difficult tbh. It's just remembering all of that shit is the hard part  ;D

Quote from: JackSmash on March 25, 2011, 05:21:09 PM
You call an assist that can juggle them in the middle of your combo midscreen. Then it gives you enough time to hyper grab -> tempest. 

Thanks man, damn I was hoping that it's possible without assist lol I'll try it with lariat assist.

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on March 25, 2011, 05:51:57 PM
True i've only played with five chars in this game. But all der bnb's did more than Magneto's combo.

Is that with or without meter? Although I'm not surprised that heavy hitters like Sent and Hulk are capable of dealing that much damage.

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] weazzyefff

LOL g. They is fucking hard as shit. That's why nobody even does them. And the only guy that does Richard Nguren or some shit drops them A LOT. But when he pulls them off im like 'Best Dante eveah!!!'. They is freaking hard man. Even Poongko was doing the shit easy ones, which kinda made me sad. They was even easier and weaker then the ones i do :(

And yer it was with one metre. Dante gain like 1 and half metre anyway. And why you wanna save your metre for lol. I rather do some fucking dmg for 1 shitty metre. Is that why you want him with your Phoenix team lol!?!?!?!? Good strat.

And i didn't know that crossup thing was punishable from WOlv? Shit i seen heaps of vids of people abusing it and i thought it was OP as shit. Cool. And a blocked DK punishable!?!?!!? Ohhhh mint!!! Anybody's L punish that shit (talking about hitting above waist).
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Nick4now

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on March 25, 2011, 07:59:34 PM
And yer it was with one metre. Dante gain like 1 and half metre anyway. And why you wanna save your metre for lol. I rather do some fucking dmg for 1 shitty metre. Is that why you want him with your Phoenix team lol!?!?!?!? Good strat.

Hahaha nah I actually use Mags because he's really really really fun to play with; It's just a coincedence that he can dish out a lota damage without meter and gain a lot too which is a plus for Phoenix player like myself  ;D One combo plus two crossover assists with down+S = Dark Phoenix is ready  ;D

But just because I use Phoenix it doesn't mean I WON'T use meter. I've learned that I can always replenish that shit anyways.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The mags combo gains like 2 meters anyway. Which means if you land it at the start of the match, it ends in a gravity squeeze and a dead character.

And yea if youre running Phoenix hes not a bad option until he starts getting hit. Magneto/Doom/Phoenix would be a really strong aggressive phoenix team actually. If doom missiles tag you at full screen, mags has no trouble getting in and landing some good damage and building a shitload of meter. Even without doom this is a big selling point for mags on phoenix teams. When Doom pops out you have a bulky character (ie. not gonna die instantly if he eats a mixup on the way in...hopefully) who can also build a lot of meter if he lands a combo. AND, both doom and Mags can be effective at all ranges if there is need for it.

And yea, Phoenix teams can afford to use meter depending on time remaining and health of their other 2 characters. Clockwork has made that perfectly clear.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: JackSmash on March 25, 2011, 05:21:09 PM

you can combo tempest anywhere on screen off a standing c  after air juggle , in the corner you dont even need hyper grab , just input tempest as soon as standing c hits (after air juggles).
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Nick4now

Quote from: [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja on March 25, 2011, 09:46:16 PM
you can combo tempest anywhere on screen off a standing c  after air juggle , in the corner you dont even need hyper grab , just input tempest as soon as standing c hits (after air juggles).

Hmmm I can't seem to land that midscreen due st.H pushing the opponent too far for tempest to combo  :-[

kingpiccolo

samurai black

scribble

Dunno if this has been posted yet, or where it goes. I guess it's kinda Marvel related. Story is in the description. Apparently Noel got a three week ban.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Oh God. That's amazing. I must've missed that on the stream.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.