• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

MvC3 tips/tricks/helpful things

Started by LN, February 15, 2011, 09:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

originaljulz

HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

[8-----D] Toots

Bill

Double gamma crush combos ANYWHERE on the screen.

Keen?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Nick4now

This maybe a stupid question but is there any point in pushblocking fullscreen beam-type hypers? I see players mashing push block when this occurs but I don't get why since they're already pushed back  ???

Oh and why is Mag's combo called ROM? lol

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Nick4now on March 16, 2011, 01:37:09 AM
This maybe a stupid question but is there any point in pushblocking fullscreen beam-type hypers? I see players mashing push block when this occurs but I don't get why since they're already pushed back  ???

Oh and why is Mag's combo called ROM? lol

Pushblocking reduces the amount of chip you receive.

In MVC2 Mags combo is called the ROM cause the guy who came up with it is called ROM.  THe combo in MVC3 looks similar, so they call it the ROM as well.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[8-----D] Toots

You need doom on missiles assist. I guess some other assists might work but couldnt think of any

The combo I was doing started with J.S but you might be able to do other shit

j.S > s.L > c.H > S > call Doom > sjc cancel gamma crush > L gamma charge > gamma crush

Its pretty easy the only thing you need to learn is the timing for doom. The L gamma charge doesn't connect it just puts you into range for the second gamma crush.

Does about 930k damage which I know isn't that balla for Hulk but its 2 gamma crushes which pretty much makes it the most satisfying combo in game to do imo.

massi4h

Haha that's awesome. Need to see more sjc.S's into supers and shit. Did you try sent drones and storm typhoon? Maybe closer to the corner something like cold star might work. But then again doom missiles take heaps longer to hit than most assists.

redtie

Have been mucking around with Ironman today and have got his BnB down (Well I hope its his BnB)

launch, m, h, d+h, fly, m, h, d+h, unfly, h, jump, h, s ~ smartbomb xx super

Tips, delay the initial M a bit so they are falling as your d+h hits which sets up the fly into m. I had trouble getting the h out fast enough after the unfly then realised that you can input the comand for unfly, qcb+s, but also hit h at the same time for it to come out instantly. So new input looks like this, qcb + S + H. Makes it alot easier.

Other random things I found out. Flying while on the ground then unflying (qcb + s +h) is one massive overhead. Also nice for pressure too, fly, m, unfly+m. You can also wave dash with Ironman while he is in fly. It doesn't work if the screen hasn't shifted though, i.e as it does when you super jump. Guessing thats useful for something.

Not sure if this shit is relevant/old since I don't read up alot, just felt like sharing.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [8-----D] Toots on March 16, 2011, 09:48:33 AM
You need doom on missiles assist. I guess some other assists might work but couldnt think of any

j.S > s.L > c.H > S > call Doom > sjc cancel gamma crush > L gamma charge > gamma crush

Its pretty easy the only thing you need to learn is the timing for doom. The L gamma charge doesn't connect it just puts you into range for the second gamma crush.

Does about 930k damage which I know isn't that balla for Hulk but its 2 gamma crushes which pretty much makes it the most satisfying combo in game to do imo.

Fuck, looks like im using doom missiles from now on.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: [8-----D] Toots on March 16, 2011, 09:48:33 AM

If you do the SJC really late, hulk crosses them up after the first gamma crush and you dont have to do the L gamma charge. Not only that, you can tag an S on befor gamma crush number 2 and get 960k damage. Just be aware that if you fuck it up, hulk will cross under during the launcher, and youll whiff tsunami.

This combo is fucking beast.

I cant seem to get it under KFC though. Looks like the doom missiles move too fast.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

jsculls

Yo redtie nice BnB for ironman how much dmg does it do? IE launch sj,m,m,h double jump m,s smartbomb xx proton?

redtie

Quote from: jsculls on March 16, 2011, 07:37:52 PM
Yo redtie nice BnB for ironman how much dmg does it do? IE launch sj,m,m,h double jump m,s smartbomb xx proton?

Launching it from cr.l,cr.m,s its does 640,000ish I think. Will check again and post it up.
edit: From cr.l,cr.m,s it does 623,900

Its timing that first m after the sj. Took me a while to get the timing sussed from cr.l,cr.m,s. Possible from cr.l,cr.m,h,s but again the timing is slightly different.

HoneyBadger

Scrubs.

launch, j.m, j.h, j. down + h, dj j.m, j.h, s way cooler!

try to do the combo before the double jump cancel as slow as possible so they fall a nice little distance to make your double jump combo connect easily
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Pinolicious

Although this is up on SRK, I didn't always check it regularly... anyway good none the less

Quote"This video shows a few things on snapbacks i dont think the majority of the community understands. Damage resets after snapbacks on assist characters etc. I think this would literally change everyones ideas on what they're going to do if they hit a point and assist character at the same time - because burning x factor to make sure a pesky assist dies is not always a good option."

QuoteAlot of the cast can kill sentinel if they touch him as an assist character WITHOUT meter and WITHOUT xfactor. Feel free to record and post any point/assist snapout combos as video comments.

So save your xfc when you das b00t peeps with your sent waha!

Something else I found, might possibly work with other command grabs that start with forward, need to test

So start with a forward throw, if they tech, it goes into command grab, baller!
<PSN> Kriselda