• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

MvC3 tips/tricks/helpful things

Started by LN, February 15, 2011, 09:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainHook

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

massi4h

Na my reply after it is correct. They stay on for 4 seconds until the become completely invulnerable and leave the stage.

CaptainHook

Ahh.. videos are easier for me to absorb info.. i obviously skimmed over your post too quickly. Hehe.
Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

Barnstorm

Oh when i first read your post mason i didnt understand it

Now it makes sense

So double snaps are nearly useless if you only have 4 seconds to combo them

HoneyBadger

If you can land a double snap, why not? I'm sure most characters have a way of killing or near death in 4 seconds
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Sometimes its better not too. For example, assists actually take more damage if the point character is in blockstun. So you potentially get more damage on the assist from blasting a super at both characters than going for a double snap. Obviously this choice depends on how much life the assist has, and how imperative it is that you kill it etc.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[8-----D] Toots

Blast them with a super. If your hitting two characters you build alot of meter so you should be able to dhc. If you cant dhc then get a better team.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Even if youre just hitting one, you will get more damage on the assist than if you had landed your double snap combo anyway.

Theres a reason one of Ben's catch phrases is just "SUPER."
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

electric

Quote from: [8-----D] Toots on March 22, 2011, 09:21:03 AM
Blast them with a super. If your hitting two characters you build alot of meter so you should be able to dhc. If you cant dhc then get a better team.

Quote of the day
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

samurai black

electric

Quote from: samurai black on March 26, 2011, 08:25:12 PM
oooh time for a look see

Was a very good read - made me think about my team, despite them being completely different characters... Lots to think about
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

samurai black

yeah the article seemed more like a 'how to build your team' with the gunshow used as an example, since alot of it just seems like common sense, which i guess has carried over from me playing 2 for so damn long.

to me at least :)

i guess i lucked out in that the three characters i picked and played at the start manage to have this team dynamic going for them.

karizzma

Is pretty cool. Giving me some ideas for my Chris/Dorm-Hulk/Spencer team that Im using atm. Would you guys say Trons b assist is better than hulks b assist just for the get the fuck off me factor and that you can combo from trons?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Overall, yes. But only really because of where the hitbox of the moves are. Tron generally hits a decent distance in front of your character, whereas hulk basically just covers above your head.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.