• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

MvC3 tips/tricks/helpful things

Started by LN, February 15, 2011, 09:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Nick4now on March 28, 2011, 08:53:51 PM
Awww stink I can't do it due to both Hyper Grav and Hyper Haggar Slam being level 3 Hypers  :(  Oh well, comboing into Hyper Grav usually gets the kill anyways but I might have a play around with another team that can utilize this better  :D

Hyper grav is the special move that mags uses to grab the opponent and bring them next to him.  Mag can initiate the HDC glitch by doing this and then cancelling into his Magnetic tempest super (QCB + 1 attacks) and then DHCing into another super that does not hit the oppponent (ie: throw, Power up, or counter supers) before the magnetic tempest starts to hit the opponent.

Your team could do this from Mag to Haggar by doing Hyper Grav into Haggars super grab, but it would cost you 4 meters, and definitely isnt worth it.

If you jump on youtube and look for the match between MarlinPie and Smoothviper from the "Break #100" tournament, you see him do this with Mag and Amaterasu.  I think thats the match.  If I wasn't at work I would find it and link it for you.  If not that match just check his matches from that tourney anyway cause they are sick.  Basically he combos them into Hypergrav, then cancels that into his magnetic tempest.  Before the Magnetic tempest hits he DHCs into Ammys slowdown super and basically kills him with like 5 feirces afterwards.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

electric

^ What Lenny said - and woops sorry, didn't realise Haggars throw super was a level 3 :/

I'm sure there's a way around it... Maybe try DHC into Haggars body slam then XFC straight away ?
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Quote from: electric on March 28, 2011, 09:27:37 PM
^ What Lenny said - and woops sorry, didn't realise Haggars throw super was a level 3 :/

I'm sure there's a way around it... Maybe try DHC into Haggars body slam then XFC straight away ?

Body slam makes him airborne straight away so can't KFC.  You might be able to do it with the other punchy super, but then it defeats the whole purpose of doing the DHC glitch in the first place since you would be blowing a whole X factor on it, and the idea behind it is that you are using two meters *ONLY* to kill a character.

While you are here Eru, I am mucking around with a muck around team at the moment.  Viper, She Hulk, and Tron.  (I am calling it "Team Lenny's Sluts") Got some sick DHC shit going on between Viper and She Hulk, but was wondering what the best Tron combo I could do might be with them?

I am undecided on what assists to use for She hulk and Viper atm.  But will likely use Vipers Burning Kick (the overhead move) and She Hulks Torpedo (the low slide move) to setup unblockables.  I know that She Hulks slide thing can OTG, and wonder if I can fit that into something rad with Tron.

stereomonkey

hyper grav in dhc trick cause the opponent to go into float stance so you either use a fast non hitting super and hit them before they go on the ground or otg if they land or sents hyper sentinal force since the first hsf wont hit.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

electric

Quote from: Lennysaurus on March 28, 2011, 09:35:53 PM
Body slam makes him airborne straight away so can't KFC.  You might be able to do it with the other punchy super, but then it defeats the whole purpose of doing the DHC glitch in the first place since you would be blowing a whole X factor on it, and the idea behind it is that you are using two meters *ONLY* to kill a character.

While you are here Eru, I am mucking around with a muck around team at the moment.  Viper, She Hulk, and Tron.  (I am calling it "Team Lenny's Sluts") Got some sick DHC shit going on between Viper and She Hulk, but was wondering what the best Tron combo I could do might be with them?

I am undecided on what assists to use for She hulk and Viper atm.  But will likely use Vipers Burning Kick (the overhead move) and She Hulks Torpedo (the low slide move) to setup unblockables.  I know that She Hulks slide thing can OTG, and wonder if I can fit that into something rad with Tron.

Prepare for some theory combo awesomeness. I'm not sure exactly how often this situation will come up, but assuming you have Tron on point... feel free to omit the parts where an assist isn't available due to either being used already or being dead. Here's what I can come up with in terms of max damage.

j.H, s.H, s.S, sj.H, S, dash, d.H, f+H + Burn Kick, s.S, sj.H, S, She Hulk OTG ~ L Beacon Bomb, j.S, L Beacon Bomb, King Servbot, s.H xx Lunch Time

Some notes:

* In order to land the first s.H after the j.H, you have to time the j.H late - it's much easier and more practical to do j.H, s.L, c.M, s.H instead
* You may need to play with the timing of the Burn Kick assist as well for it to connect
* If you find you don't have enough time for the She Hulk OTG to connect, try do sj. M, M, H, S instead of just sj.H, S - this allows you to hit the final S later than normal, so you have more time to OTG.
* Use H Beacon Bomb wherever possible, as it does more damage - usually this is possible after the final j.S because you're at point blank range.
* If you DHC directly after calling King Servbot, you get the DHC trick - not sure whether any supers from Viper or She Hulk can trigger this though

That's about it I guess - there are a few variants on the combo, so if you need any more help let me know
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Rad.  Will have a crack when I get home.

massi4h

DHC glitch to Haggar works with Body Slam. You don't get anything off it, but you get a brand new unscaled super. Would probably do more after a long combo from mags, rather than hitting the tempest then DHCing, but not really worth it. It's better off of an actual cinematic super like Cuttin' Time where you get the damage of both supers. Some of those DHC trick videos were showing starting combos with Deadpool and Spencer off a low jab and then building a meter during the combo, finishing with their super and then DHCing into Body Slam at the end to kill.

I'm pretty sure I saw that...

Nick4now

Quote from: Lennysaurus on March 28, 2011, 08:59:27 PM
Hyper grav is the special move that mags uses to grab the opponent and bring them next to him.  Mag can initiate the HDC glitch by doing this and then cancelling into his Magnetic tempest super (QCB + 1 attacks) and then DHCing into another super that does not hit the oppponent (ie: throw, Power up, or counter supers) before the magnetic tempest starts to hit the opponent.

Your team could do this from Mag to Haggar by doing Hyper Grav into Haggars super grab, but it would cost you 4 meters, and definitely isnt worth it.

If you jump on youtube and look for the match between MarlinPie and Smoothviper from the "Break #100" tournament, you see him do this with Mag and Amaterasu.  I think thats the match.  If I wasn't at work I would find it and link it for you.  If not that match just check his matches from that tourney anyway cause they are sick.  Basically he combos them into Hypergrav, then cancels that into his magnetic tempest.  Before the Magnetic tempest hits he DHCs into Ammys slowdown super and basically kills him with like 5 feirces afterwards.

My bad, for some reason I mistook Hyper Grav for Gravity Squeeze. Also found that match and yeah you're right, MarlinPie does that DHC trick. Btw how is st.H>Hyper Grav>sjub>addf>sj.H loop an infinite and not effected by Hit-Stun deterioration? That's the first time I've seen that combo lol

EDIT: Actually after having a think is it because the amount of time that the opponent is stunned by Hyper Grav isn't effected by Hit-Stun deterioration? Correct me if I'm wrong  ;D

EDIT2: After having another think I must be wrong, or else I could do st.H>Hyper Grav all day  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

massi4h

It is an infinite. There was a video about 2 weeks ago on it. You can't link 2 straight standing H xx Hyper Gravs. They have to be slightly elevated which is what this setup is helping with. I think it's because hyper grav doesn't have any hitstun deterioration so even minimum H hitstun is still enough for the cancel into hyper grav. I tried it when I first saw it and gave up after a couple minutes lol.

stereomonkey

^If you can ghetto rom then learning this is pretty damn easy

Also, s.H X hyper grav reminds me of loltime xvsf infinte :P

Nick4now

I'm finally getting the hang of ghetto rom, took me ages to identify what I was doing wrong  ;D I attempted to try that infinite and I can manage to hit the sj.H>st.H after Hyper Grav but can't combo into another Hyper Grav. The timing is sooo strict because when I compare what I'm doing to MarlinPie, his sj.H launches them high while I'm keeping them at the same spot so I guess I'm doing it too late hahaha

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

stereomonkey

What you need to do bro is cancel the hyper grav to sj as fast as you can so his body floats up as much as it can to continue the rest of it off

EDIT: should note the "infinte" is character specific.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

and that the infinite is not really an infinite , i think you can get like 20 hits after ghetto rom tho by that time they will either be dead or pretty much dead anyway .
eventually if you try it in training mode they will fall out just like rom .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

dang this is pretty fucking good for chris .
storm trying to chip you out with hailstorm , nah grenade launcher bitch !!!!!!

gud to know for you chris players
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

samurai black