• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

The X Report | Episode Two

Started by EXC355UM, March 15, 2011, 06:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EXC355UM

Not sure if this is the right place, so sorry to the mods if it's not, but I was hoping to get some feedback for a show I am trying to get off the ground. Thanks!.

QuoteHi people! X here bringing you episode two of ‘The X Report’. Now for those who are like.. “What the F is the X report?”, you can check out the article for episode one so you can viewt the original episode and at the same time get an idea of what the show is about.

For newcomers: The X Report | Episode One

Now, episode two will cover two events that took place last week; Galactic Circus RanBat Round 2 and Round 1 of Couchwarriors which made it’s return for 2011 last Saturday. This time on the show I am not alone; I had PyroZeroX jump in front of the camera with me so we could see how the show would play out with a co-host instead of just having myself talking solo like I did in episode one.

I feel that with a co-host it was a lot easier for me personally since we could help each other out, even without a script. Speaking of script, I’m not sure whether people would like to see a more scripted show or if we just freestyle it like we are doing at the moment. Thoughts?..

Oh, I also realize that lighting and camera settings weren’t the best in this episode, but I am learning as each episode is made, so hopefully this issue will be rectified in episode 3.

I would like to thank everyone who has left a comment, feedback, or suggestion so far and encourage you to keep doing so. I know not every suggestion that was made was implemented into episode two, and while some may never make it into TXR, the others will be added in slowly. Also note a lot of episode 2 of TXR was recorded before I got a lot of the suggestions.

I have managed to cut the length of TXR to just under 25mins which is down from 32mins (ep1). I will try and further cut that time in ep3; aiming for around 20mins which I think is a solid time for a show. So again, I hope people put time aside to check it out and keep leaving comments, feedback and suggestions either here or in the comments for the video. Thanks people!.

CptMunta

Just finished watching episode 1 and part of episode 2.

Really awesome stuff man :)

Not really alot to criticize all the audio quality quality is really good and it seems you guys have solid equipment. Also all the title stuff is awesome! Really slick.

Only things you may or may not want to do to tighten it up.

Graphics for tourney results:
That way you don't have to read the whole thing you can just touch on notable things here and there.

Graphics in interviews
Have their name and gamertag to save from introducing them each time.

More cut aways during interviews.
Get a bunch of footage of them playing or match footage. Then you can cut out the slower parts (Ummm ahhhh etc) of the interviews and have them be a bit more snappy and you can get to the main points quicker. Also gives people something to look at and hold their interest as well as provide examples.

Screw scripted stuff for the most part, you are friends with most of these guys it's cool to just see where the conversation goes.

Really awesome thing to do for your community. Hope to meet up with all you guys when I'm in OZ early June. :) have you sent it to SRK for inclusion in their community roundup? Keep up the excellent work man :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

stereomonkey

Subscribed!

It's nice and refreshing to see a show about the community and events each week.  Keep up the good week and I think Munta has some solid advise as well.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

EXC355UM

Really appreciate the advise and subs guys. Some really good ideas and I will be trying to add them into episode 3.

Another idea..
I can make it more interesting and still cut down the time..
I think I will just feature a few questions from each interview, then I will upload the interview on it's own for those who want to see the full thing can still do so..  :)

amendonz

yeh watched them this morning,  awesome stuff,  toxy running wild over there!

will definitely follow this

EXC355UM

Thanks Amendonz. I'm hoping to be the first to stop ToXY's MvC3 rampage.  ;D

geneterror

KOW 2011

LN

Great stuff, very interesting to see how the Melbourne scene kicks along (especially with comparison to NZ's).
Looking forward to more!
There is no knowledge that is not power

EXC355UM

Thanks guys, glad NZ is enjoying too, was worried that other countries might not enjoy it as much.

scribble

Awesome stuff. Keep it up ;D. Would sub, but already had :P.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

EXC355UM