• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Treat Me.co.nz - $1 Burger Fuel Burgers

Started by CaptainHook, March 22, 2011, 02:32:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainHook

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

CaptainHook

Sold out! Hope some of you got some in time..

electric

I was looking forward to this all week...

And I missed out :( - Oh well... That's what happens when you're late to work because your washing line fell over with all your clothes on it lol
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Wtf were your clothes doing on it? Don't tell me you south Auckland guys actually WASH stuff.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

karizzma

Wasn't his washing line. Clearly he stole it and tried to create his own way of standing it up... obviously it did not work.

rugdoctor

All your sticks belong to me!

massi4h

God damnit missed out. But 20037 sold? Are you serious?

amendonz

i jumped on about 9am and missed out, got one of the bag of crap for 11$ from 1 day though, be interesting

CaptainHook

I got mine at 2:30am and there were just over 2000 sold. I'm not surprised. That's a sweet $20k in one night tho. LOL.

originaljulz

Lol I doubt they're going to be making money on this.
But yeh got mine. Got the most expensive burger I could see on the list. That new Mexican themed one. Was actually really good. Doritos in it actually made it better.

I bought it as soon as the deal started :P . Like, I wouldn't be surprised if I was in the first 100, because after that the site pretty much kept crashing cos of traffic.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

CaptainHook

I would imagine there would be some kind of split between trade me and the business doing the deal. If burger fuel only gets half and trademe the other,
that's still a cheap advertising campaign that's now gonna see 20,000 people go into their stores, most likely over the next few weeks.

Probably the best marketing budget spend burger fuel has done tbh.

Hey, maybe you'll go back for another mexican burger? Or maybe you took a friend down with you and you ordered a drink etc.
You get my point.. they'll make money out of this i'm sure.

electric

^ agreed

Even assuming they don't make money on the actual campaign, that's still 20,000 people through their doors - which means a fuck ton of satisfied customers - and shit... it's hard NOT to be satisfied with a Burger Fuel burger in your mouth
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

CrazyMobius

Only read this thread now. Seems like there is some coffee deal on now. Stink.

originaljulz

Quote from: CaptainHook on March 23, 2011, 12:29:03 AM
I would imagine there would be some kind of split between trade me and the business doing the deal. If burger fuel only gets half and trademe the other,
that's still a cheap advertising campaign that's now gonna see 20,000 people go into their stores, most likely over the next few weeks.

Probably the best marketing budget spend burger fuel has done tbh.

Hey, maybe you'll go back for another mexican burger? Or maybe you took a friend down with you and you ordered a drink etc.
You get my point.. they'll make money out of this i'm sure.

Oh I wasn't arguing that in terms of publicity it isn't good. That kinda goes without saying. Even if it doesn't increase my visits to Burgerfuel (lol it won't) which I know it won't for a lot of people even once the 20,000 burgers are sold, people are still finding out about it etc through Facebook. I forgot what it's called but this kinda marketing has been around for years. With the rise of social media it's gotten even more viable.

I was just saying how a quick 20,000 bucks isn't a quick 20,000 bucks when Trademe's def gonna take a cut, and that all the burgers will cost them money rather than earn them any lol.

Reminds me of the $1 Hells Pizza from Groupy they had last year. Everyone was raving over that. I haven't had Hells since lol.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

CaptainHook

Oh, initially i meant that's a sweet $20k for trademe, not burger fuel. Although obviously trademe wouldn't get it all.. (well.. maybe not :P )

My GF loves Hells and goes every week but i don't like pizza (and can't really eat it anyway). :(