• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Childsupport ( Man points -500 points)

Started by nztauranga, May 02, 2011, 02:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nztauranga

A support thread for a better way of life without the 18 years of Government child support burden. All matters welcomed.
-work to live not live to work-><>

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

nztauranga

My situation currently with childsupp is $150 weekly $8500 yearly for one child. I believe supporting the child is essential in every way. But upon hearing that HALF my payments are given to the caregiver of that child and the HALF is given to the 'Crown' to pay for the 'fathers' that are avoiding there responsibilities ie. Left the country or other means. So I want to provide my support where possible to help new dads avoid childsupport all together or keep the payments/arrears as minimal as possible for a better way of life.   

nztauranga

A friend of mine last year returned home from work to find his wife and two kids gone. She left the country and months later returned to NZ with a life of independance on the DPB with child support for two kids left to the dad. He was a heavy smoker and drank alcohol every night why she left him.. Karma. So now he's on some sort of depression pills and unemployed because its pointless working when child payments for two kids equal half your pay.

nztauranga

$2000 arrears becomes $10,000 arrears over a 8 month period of not updating my new postal address even though my case manager had my cell phone number she rang me 8 months later to say " hehe your arrears is now...$10k" me"WTF!!!!" f @ 12 IK ! Her story was about the time I had left my last address my payments had doubled because my income was reassessed (my stupid fault) so because i wasnt paying the full childsupport amount, they took the amount i was paying for my arrears to cover my childsupport which then meant I wasnt paying arrears[greater penalty charges]. * Dont rely on case managers to call u such as a finance manager would if u were behind on payments. * keep on top of your payments or you wont be able to the leave country unless organised payments with Ird. I've heard of grown men crying at akl airport cause they couldnt return back to oz until they paid a $5k outstanding amount and made an agreement to make regular payments.

nztauranga

Google.co.nz search union of fathers

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

O_o

Wow. While I totally agree with child support, both those accounts are pretty fucking rough.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Rorooze

Is child support not taken out of your wages before you get them like PAYE, Student loans, kiwi saver, etc?

[edit] i just looked and it appears this is not the case. this is stupid. I also noted that if you are paying child support for 1 child it is only 18% of your disposable income (or a minimum of 848), that honestly isn't bad (and if you earn minimum wage it amounts to sweet fuck all for the kid). is it really true that half the costs go to the crown to cover other people not paying their share? I doubt that, link to source?[/edit]

nztauranga

Quote from: Rorooze on May 03, 2011, 12:57:17 PM
Is child support not taken out of your wages before you get them like PAYE, Student loans, kiwi saver, etc?

[edit] i just looked and it appears this is not the case. this is stupid. I also noted that if you are paying child support for 1 child it is only 18% of your disposable income (or a minimum of 848), that honestly isn't bad (and if you earn minimum wage it amounts to sweet fuck all for the kid). is it really true that half the costs go to the crown to cover other people not paying their share? I doubt that, link to source?[/edit]
I do know that my childs, care giver (mother) is only recieving half the payments I'm making to IRD child support as shown on her DPB statements/records. So the other half of my payments my child doesnt recieve...so does that mean my child use's $70 a week of Govt. Child assisted services? Doesnt Tax cover this? I cant see this being a govt revenue but when I questioned my case manager about the other half of my payment going to the crown(govt), she answered "yes". I'll try and provide better source's of info on this.

Rorooze

Wow that is pretty shit if only half goes to the kid.

Looking at the IRD site you could look at doing voluntary payments (http://www.ird.govt.nz/childsupport/voluntary-agreements/), pay the mother $100 bucks straight up, you save $50 a week and she gets an extra $30.

nztauranga

Yeah if you miss to many payments ird will track u down and send a letter to your employer to deduct weekly payments from income. Otherwise manual payments to ird are expected.

nztauranga

When your child reaches 13 years of age , they have the right to choose which parent they wish to live with, which could reduce/eliminate that weekly child support payment.

Rorooze

Ok so from the website http://www.ird.govt.nz/childsupport/custodians/questions/ :

QuoteIf you’re not on a benefit you’ll get all the child support collected from the paying parent (not including penalties).

Rorooze

More misinformation, IRD site states:

QuoteIf a shared care arrangement exists for child support purposes, we use the following percentage rates: 0.5 child 12%

Which seems bullshit, you look after the kid half the time but still pay 12%, compared with 18% if you don't look after it at all.

nztauranga

Quote from: Rorooze on May 03, 2011, 02:49:33 PM
Wow that is pretty shit if only half goes to the kid.

Looking at the IRD site you could look at doing voluntary payments (http://www.ird.govt.nz/childsupport/voluntary-agreements/), pay the mother $100 bucks straight up, you save $50 a week and she gets an extra $30.
lolz i tried that and the mothers reply was "nah you might miss a payment and we will only argue and besides why should i make your life easier?"  my reply" i wont ask u again" bi@rch! .