• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Released: Virtua Fighter 5 (PS3) 23/03

Started by fluxcore, January 15, 2007, 10:42:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Release date: 23rd March, 2007
gpstore: http://www.gpstore.co.nz/Games/1536535.html

The most complicated fighting game ever will have a new release with the arrival of the PS3 console. While I don't think VF ever had a very large scene in NZ, and indeed I haven't played any version, I've always been interested in doing so. Of course, ~$1000 for a ps3... :D

Edit: Release date updated from 28/03 to 23/03

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: fluxcore on January 15, 2007, 10:42:46 AM
Release date: 23rd March, 2007
gpstore: http://www.gpstore.co.nz/Games/1536535.html

The most complicated fighting game ever will have a new release with the arrival of the PS3 console. While I don't think VF ever had a very large scene in NZ, and indeed I haven't played any version, I've always been interested in doing so. Of course, ~$1000 for a ps3... :D

Edit: Release date updated from 28/03 to 23/03

--flux

Woot woot can't wait I loved VF4 evo and VF3 just not much of a competitve scene but that'll be the first game I get for the PS3............

After I finish FF12  ;D
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

fluxcore

Quote from: Eddy_COMBO on February 23, 2007, 11:13:18 AM
Woot woot can't wait I loved VF4 evo and VF3 just not much of a competitve scene but that'll be the first game I get for the PS3............

After I finish FF12  ;D

It has been released in the US now, and I think is getting pretty good praise (at least from Alex Valle)... whenever the PS3 becomes 'affordable' I'll probably pick it up. Wonder if Yifan's is getting it?

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Eddy_COMBO

Quote from: fluxcore on February 23, 2007, 11:19:06 AM
Quote from: Eddy_COMBO on February 23, 2007, 11:13:18 AM

After I finish FF12  ;D

It has been released in the US now, and I think is getting pretty good praise (at least from Alex Valle)... whenever the PS3 becomes 'affordable' I'll probably pick it up. Wonder if Yifan's is getting it?

--flux

Well hopefully they do I dont mind if its without the Cards just get it Yifans please.

Getting good praise- yeah so i've heard which is all good. Ive heard that its Beginner friendly mayve this means the characters are more balanced maybe taking Tekken 5 approach.

Cause Tekken 5 was so balanced LOLOLOLOLZ....Tech traps FTW!
PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

fluxcore

Just an update on the gpstore site:

As a bonus, gpstore are giving away a Virtua Fighter 5 t-shirt with preorders!

--flux

fluxcore

FINALLY one of the games on my radar has been released!!! Not that ANYONE will have a PS3 for quite some time, I imagine... but it's coming to XBOX 360 later in the year anywho!

--flux

Wugga

I had a play of VF5 at the PS3 launch party, it's pretty sweet. Most press luminaries and B list NZ celebrities can't play easy games for crap, so I managed to be undefeated during my entire time hogging the machine (between that and VT3, nothing interested me really). Damn good fun, but at this point I can wait for the 360 release.
Mashing all the wrong buttons since 1981

fluxcore

Quote from: Wugga on March 26, 2007, 08:23:04 PM
I had a play of VF5 at the PS3 launch party, it's pretty sweet. Most press luminaries and B list NZ celebrities can't play easy games for crap, so I managed to be undefeated during my entire time hogging the machine (between that and VF3, nothing interested me really). Damn good fun, but at this point I can wait for the 360 release.

I'm definitely interested in trying it, but yeah, I don't even HAVE a 360 and I'd still rather wait for the 360 release...
The only VF I've played was ?3TB? on the Dreamcast, and I thought it was turds. But I've heard so much good about 4Evo and 5 that I can't really pass it by...

--flux