• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

XLAN 2008 11th-13th July

Started by fluxcore, May 24, 2008, 10:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

WCG NZ-xLAN 2008
11th-13th July
TelstraClear Pacific
770 Great South Road
Manukau

Only tournament for fighting games is Virtua Fighter 5, but pretty nice prizes:

1st prize $8,500     
2nd prize $250     
3rd prize $100
Prizes are either sponsors products or value of overseas trips. The winner goes to either the Grand Final in Cologne, Germany on 5th-9th November or the Asian Championship in Singapore from 7th–10th August, or even both, not sure how that stuff works.

Pre-payments close on 11th June.

Wugga is definitely going, Gino and I are thinking about it...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

hmmm $8,500 prize me like!!!
Yeah i think I will go If I can get a place to stay

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

iMagneto

is there any marvel vs capcom 2?
if there is im keen!~ is there ever gonna be a marvel vs capcom 2 tourament??

fluxcore

No mvc2, and not sure about their policy on casual tournaments. If I go I'll bring a DC + sticks though, just in case.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I Reckon its worth investigating a bit further. Id be down to lose a tournament. Badly.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Ok, I've confirmed my entry into VF5.

Unfortunately I've also confirmed that spectators aren't allowed in the game area, which means even if I bring my dreamcast and sticks (which I think I will), you guys wouldn't be able to play unless you're an entrant to XLan (which is $85). And for some strange reason I don't think you guys are going to be doing that :)
Potentially we could have a tourney at someone's house though.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Gino

Quote from: fluxcore on June 06, 2008, 11:05:49 AM
Ok, I've confirmed my entry into VF5.

Unfortunately I've also confirmed that spectators aren't allowed in the game area, which means even if I bring my dreamcast and sticks (which I think I will), you guys wouldn't be able to play unless you're an entrant to XLan (which is $85). And for some strange reason I don't think you guys are going to be doing that :)
Potentially we could have a tourney at someone's house though.

I have also confirmed.
Please bring your dc! MVC2, and SSF2T would be good (is st good on dc?). Do we need a tv?

fluxcore

ST on DC is the version that HDremix is based on, due to it being practically arcade perfect, so yeah, it's good :)

Fuck knows if we need to bring a tv... my guess is 'probably'.

Gino

I think I can sort out a tv, although its going to be a pain to bring it to and from the event. Should we announe a side casual street fighter torry seeing as we are going? Would be interesting to see who can actualy play.

fluxcore

Hoho, many more signups for vf5! :)

Gino