• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

SF4 casual matches !!!

Started by Cr8zyK1LL3r, August 18, 2008, 10:13:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Yo guys,
Just wondering if any1 wanna play SF4 on weekdays after 5pm. I dun wanna go there and practice against comp, it's boring lol. (my ryu is getting better and better :D i've come up with so many combo now :d, wanna try them on players to see if they really work)

BTW: just 1 tip here:
I dont see many people using the "Saving attack (mp+mk)" very often. by now, every1 should already know that is "the key" to win.
It can be used to charge the revenge gauge, counter enemy's moves, linking combos, cancel attacks, stun, confuses, fake moves, etc.....
Not using the "saving attack" in SF4 is just like playing 3rd strike without parrying or MVC2 without assists.
90% of any new functions in any games should/must be used to win 90% of the game.

Correct me if i'm wrong. ^_^

Cheers guys !!!

fluxcore

The SFIV game system confuses me, too many meters and things! I'll have to actually read a guide to it if/when it comes out for PC (because I'll never get a chance to play it before that!), maybe then I'll understand...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Cr8zyK1LL3r

At the moment, i'm only learning Ryu. I'm willing to share anything that i've leanred to anyone who interests in Ryu (combos that i've come up with, timing of the combos, delay of his moves, etc....)

And if we have enough people who wanna learn Ryu, i can even make a guide for him.
But i suggest people to learn different characters, I think they all have their strong points & weaknesses, you just need to figure them out and use them correctly.
It will be more interesting that way. Otherwise, we might end up seeing 20 matchs of Ryu VS Ryu in a row. LOL
Good luck & have fun ^_^

P.S: out of topic* :p Yesterday, I was searching for sf4 matches on youtube to have an idea of high level matches and I've found Daigo's match. He also use Ryu and his combo was exactly same with the one i came up with, i was like.... WTH, but nevermind, I've already come up with some better combos/moves now :D

Cheers guys !!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I seem to be down there pretty frequently. Ususally around midday or after 4:30.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

Quote from: fluxcore on August 18, 2008, 11:16:58 AM
The SFIV game system confuses me, too many meters and things! I'll have to actually read a guide to it if/when it comes out for PC (because I'll never get a chance to play it before that!), maybe then I'll understand...

:-X :-X :-X :-X

Heard Hiroshi say they have PC emulator but not sure not out yet......
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

Cr8zyK1LL3r

I've found some EPIC fight on internet, so i'm sharing them to u guys here ^_^

Abel vs Sagat (The Killing machine Abel, Match number 3 & 8 are EPICX10)
http://www.irika.net/movie/sf4_select.html

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea ive already got half of those on my computer :P

Its what im studying to make my abel better.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Just a few things that i've picked up from playing SF4.

*Linking Ultra with a combo*
again, nobody is doing that atm. This is SF4 and the way people playing is just like SF1 or SF2. =.=
(fireball, fireball, wait wait wait, anti-air, fireball, fireball, fireball, wait wait wait, throw, fireball, fireball, wait wait wait, anti-air, wait wait, fireball, fireball, fireball, wait wait wait wait wait......x 100) ~_~zzzzzzzzz

1. Ex-moves & Ultra can be seen as a same "kind of attack"
If Ex-moves (Ex-fireballs. EX-....) hit after a normal moves(Hadouken, Shoryuken, etc....). Then instead of using the EX-moves, u can finish the combo with the ultra move. Or sometimes u can link both EX & Ultra (for example: Ryu, i've found 1 of his combo yesterday: "air hurricane kick, EX-Fireball, EX-Hurricane kick, Ex-Fireball, Ex-Hurricane kick, Ultra". This combo is long & cool & waste all ur Ex-bars + ultra but the damage is suck. lol)

2. Ultra DOESN'T LINK after hitting the enemy in the air.
Unlike 3rd Strike, if u jump+kick an enemy in the air then use ur ultra as soon as u land (while the enemy still in mid-air), then the ultra will be blocked. The only exception that i've found so far is Rufus (his ultra/EX-DragonPunch links after the Jump+HK).

3. Ultra link after an anti-air move
Some anti-air move is kinda fuk up lol.... I was playing Abel yesterday and found out that his Ultra can also connect after the Low+HP (use to anti-air when the enemy jump in). I think Ryu might be able to do the same thing (anti-air with Low+HP then ultra), i haven't tried it yet but i think it should work. Same for Sagat, E.Honda, Bison?, Vega?,... pretty much whoever has long range & instant ultra. I'm not saying it's 100% work but the chance is 70%+ (you might need to time it OR it might only be linked after a *Counter* hit, need to try it out to see).

4. Ultra MIGHT be linked after a "2 hit" move ????????
Does anyone notice that or is it just me thinking too much?? Abel Low+HP is a 2 hit move and ultra can be linked after that, Chun-li Low+P is also a 2hit moves and can be linked with ultra, same for Rufus's ultra, it can be linked after the jump+HK "also a 2hit". Isn't that a bit too much for a coincidence? Ryu Jump+MP also a 2 hit, will try it next time and see :d

That's it for now... I'm sharing what i've learned about "the Ultra system" in SF4 and waiting to see SOMEONE to come up with a cool combo as a reply.

BY THE WAY PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STOP COMPLAINING & CALLING PEOPLE CHEAP
The game still new and we dont know much about the game system. It's TOO EARLY to say which one is the Strongest/Cheapest in SF4. All the characters HAVE their strong points & weaknesses, just "think" about them and counter it.
People call Guile cheap coz all he does is sonic boom & waiting, but I've found out that Guile is so weakkk and very easy to counter.
Same for Zangrief, people lose to zangrief and say he's cheap. But all u have to do is "JUMP". he wont be able to throw u if u r "IN THE AIR", and throwing is all he has. If a zangrief player cannot throw = a Ryu/Ken without Hadouken, shoryuken, super, ultra.
And Vega, I have to admit Vega moves R good, BUT COMMON, they are not impossible to counter.

The only cheapest character that i've found so far is SAGAT, SAGAT and SAGAT. And i can prove it to everyone by using him if u want :d

fluxcore

Cool, awesome to see some strat posting! Unfortunately I have absolutely nothing to say about SF4, having never played it :D
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

gunsmoke

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Sagats cheap :P

haha this game rules.....but what i wanna know is....can u cancel super into special...?
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

My only problem with guile is his c.mk (might be c.hk im not sure) I dont like simons vega because all he does is poke all day. scrub ken's are annoying aswell. I just have the urge to rush, which is usually my downfall. That and i fuck up easy shit when i cross up.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: D0P3FI3ND on August 21, 2008, 06:50:14 PM
Sagats cheap :P

haha this game rules.....but what i wanna know is....can u cancel super into special...?

It depends on characters. The game system allows you to LINK super into Special (For example Ryu: Hadouken -> super hadouken -> Ultra, only work 1/3 screen from the corner).
HOWEVER, That's not canceling INTO Special. It just using correct timing/delay for the attack and link it with the ultra.
Canceling = Reset to neutral half-way through the move. Timing = WAIT until the attack finish. They are different !! And in SF4, canceling = using 2 small bars. Super = using 4 small bars. We only get 4 small bars MAX so it's impossible to "Cancel" after using Super.
Also, I dont recommend using Super in this game. At high level games, we need to use cancel a lot to reset the zones/positions, link combo, confuse enemy, EX-Moves, etc... and they will take TIME to build up 4 small bars (you must be very GOOD/lucky to get full bars in 1 round). Wasting everything just to do 20% damage is not worth it. Not to mention, the Revenge bar (30%-50% damage)is there to be used for "EACH" round.

P.S: From the last post that i made. I tested out the "2 hit" move on Ryu yesterday. And it worked. I was right !!!! :D (with Ryu, If u jump+kick in the air, land and ultra while the enemy in mid-air, it will not link. BUT If u use the mid-punch (2 hit), land and ultra, then it links, I noticed this from seeing Rufus Jump+HK (2 hit), Chun-LI C+P (2 hit), playing Abel C+HP (2 hit).... their Ultra were ALL connected after the "2 hit move" and it's too much for a coincidence.

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 21, 2008, 09:03:19 PM
My only problem with guile is his c.mk (might be c.hk im not sure) I dont like simons vega because all he does is poke all day. scrub ken's are annoying aswell. I just have the urge to rush, which is usually my downfall. That and i fuck up easy shit when i cross up.

too bad Bill, can't really help u in this case. It's the skill and playing style. Complaining about character moves won't solve the problem. You need to think about how to counter them. If you cannot counter them, you can use that character and use the same moves and see how people counter them.
Complaining about them will be just like "My problems in sf4 are Zangref's throws, Ryu/Ken hadouken & Shoryuken, Sagat Fireballs & uppercut, etc....." All the characters have their strong points & weaknesses. ABel (also ur character) is actually REALLY STRONG (x3). I dont have any problems fighting them with my Abel or Ryu.

After Abel, I might practice Viper or Chun-Li :D People in yifans say they r suck.... But i think they r just as good as the strongest in SF4. It's just people cannot use them properly coz their moves/combo r a bit complicate. It's too early to say which one is the strongest/cheapest/useless in the game.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

gunsmoke