• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

Started by fluxcore, August 30, 2008, 09:25:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Quote from: ILL_BILL on October 28, 2009, 07:32:18 PM
Ill probably pick this up for xbox when it drops. Been looking for something new to have a jam on.

Problem with that is the tekken ppl see tekken on xbox as some kind of heresy and even if they didn't, have ps3s from launch when tekken 6 was announced for it :)

I cancelled my preorder because I figured "who the hell will I play against?"
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

maelgrim

It is heresy!, just like Final Fantasy will be  ;)
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: fluxcore on October 28, 2009, 07:39:51 PM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on October 28, 2009, 07:32:18 PM
Ill probably pick this up for xbox when it drops. Been looking for something new to have a jam on.

Problem with that is the tekken ppl see tekken on xbox as some kind of heresy and even if they didn't, have ps3s from launch when tekken 6 was announced for it :)

I cancelled my preorder because I figured "who the hell will I play against?"

Me lenny and stu !!!!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Will

Haha still kinda iffy about buying it on 360, need to see on my mates PS3 how many people in the TK community play on PS3 then buy the right version aswell as a PS3 if thats the case :o
Learning....

!DIABLO GTR!

Apparently, the 360 version loads faster than the PS3 version. I'm not sure if the PS3 version has an install option to reduce load times...

And quite a few players reckon the 360 version is better. The only thing you have to worry about is the 360 itself exploding...
PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

Will

Haha yea which mine has done recently >_< Such a shitty console, the PS3 has a install option, surely they have tested that by now against the 360 version. Firstgames has it in stock now, UK PAL copies im guessing:

http://www.firstgames.co.nz/shop/xbox360/tekken6

Learning....

huang

picked up a copy of tekken 6 today for the 360 from firstgames.
Its NTSC|J

Load time is around 5 seconds though, much faster than the ps3.

Will

Oh true, thought they would have had region protection on a game like this. Thats a pretty big difference in the load times O_O Thinking about getting a copy sometime this week  :)
Learning....

maelgrim

from what I had read, the PS3 has marginally sharper graphics - though I can't see any difference in the side by side screen shots.

Also the PS3 load times are said to be pretty much the same as the 360 after the install. Before the install PS3 load times were mentioned around 15secs.

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Ashe

Quote from: maelgrim on October 29, 2009, 12:46:04 PM

from what I had read, the PS3 has marginally sharper graphics - though I can't see any difference in the side by side screen shots.

Also the PS3 load times are said to be pretty much the same as the 360 after the install. Before the install PS3 load times were mentioned around 15secs.

ouch, thats a pretty hefty load time...

my order shipped from firstgames today, 5 days before my finals hahahahahahaahah

maelgrim

The wireless stick (in the bundle) requires batteries - will not charge from USB. Also there is no indicator on how much battery life is left.

And for something really dumb - apparently the European Tekken6 regionals are disallowing stick use all togeather - you must use PS3 dualshock3 supplied at the venue (using PS3 kiosks I believe) and you are not allowed to reassign any buttons.
Wow that sounds fanatastic !

Will

Sounds like the early rounds of the Gamestop SF4 US Nationals, some stores will prolly allow em
Learning....

Ashe

Quote from: maelgrim on October 29, 2009, 05:21:23 PM

The wireless stick (in the bundle) requires batteries - will not charge from USB. Also there is no indicator on how much battery life is left.

And for something really dumb - apparently the European Tekken6 regionals are disallowing stick use all togeather - you must use PS3 dualshock3 supplied at the venue (using PS3 kiosks I believe) and you are not allowed to reassign any buttons.

ouch. a friend of mine is getting the stick bundle, hes not going to like that :c
also just as well tekken is one of the more pad-able games, playing sf4 and using shoulder buttons = lol

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Ashe on October 29, 2009, 08:45:06 PM
Quote from: maelgrim on October 29, 2009, 05:21:23 PM

ouch. a friend of mine is getting the stick bundle, hes not going to like that :c
also just as well tekken is one of the more pad-able games, playing sf4 and using shoulder buttons = lol
I reckon it's the combo's into haundreds hands sort of moves on sf that kill it for the pad. Tekken doesn't have those sorts of move inputs so it's all good with pad, but still hard to play at Arcades if you play mostly on pad.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

zos'la

I would have to agree that execeution in Tkenn is a lot easier than SF, so pad warriors have better luck with them on pad than SF, but I still prefer stick when I play Tekken as I am just too use to them and pad just won't do!!! unless its an RPG :D
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.