• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Street Fighter 4 - 360/PS3 - Feb 09 *$77 from cdwow*

Started by fluxcore, December 03, 2008, 01:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeKage

Quote from: iRONsoL on December 05, 2008, 11:24:05 AM
im definately buying this! whos down for some sf4 tournies >:(

Hell yeah Im in  ;D ;D
Sage of the 6 Paths

[NIUE]iRONSoL

cool, and we can have a super turbo hd remix comp as well 8)

just need to find another stick..
pringles

pax_bisonica

Quote from: iRONsoL on December 06, 2008, 01:12:01 PM
Looks good. TOo bad it wont make you any better at street fighter :)
ROTFL
What format(s) are ppl picking this one up on?  I'm going Xbox360 Collectors edition ATM, but might pick it up on ps3 as well when it comes down in price a little - just to have more variety of online play.
All who oppose me will be destroyed.  Maybe.

fluxcore

I'll be getting the 360 version, and maybe/probably the PC version when that finally comes out.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

JoeKage

Sage of the 6 Paths

geneterror

I'll be getting the PS3 as soon as it comes out.
KOW 2011

fluxcore

News everybody!

360: http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Xbox-360/Street-Fighter-IV-Collectors-Edition/2731912/
PS3: http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/PlayStation-3/Street-Fighter-IV-Collectors-Edition/2731911/

Collector's edition on mightyape - for $200. Ouch.

The *truly* interesting thing is that they have posted a description of the US CE bundle, with the single figurine and soundtrack, rather than the UK bundle with both figurines. This is strange because we are PAL, and presumably should be getting the UK bundle instead. I imagine this is a mistake. I *hope* this is a mistake. It's much harder to pirate a figurine.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

pax_bisonica

Ive got my pre-order in already! (have had an order in for the standard edition for like six months!).  Gutted to see its the not quite as awesome UK package... if mightyape turns out to be accurate I may have to order collectors editions on both...
All who oppose me will be destroyed.  Maybe.

[8-----D] Toots

man Mighty Apes a rip...I think I'll just get mine from play-asia, way cheaper and should arrive before the 20th  ;)

fluxcore

Quote from: Toomeke on January 06, 2009, 05:08:39 PM
man Mighty Apes a rip...I think I'll just get mine from play-asia, way cheaper and should arrive before the 20th  ;)

Yep, for the PS3 I can't imagine having any bones about importing. Unfortunately, that price is pretty much what I'd expect for a PAL release over here... the UK version is 60 pounds, and then add on a few $$$ for the "fuck you, colonies!" tax, and you arrive pretty near our figure...

I'll preorder the CE version once the confusion about the package deal is sorted. If it's the US version, I might try to see how I can wrangle a UK CE... or just buy the Ryu figure off my friend who is getting the PS3 version :/

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ill just wait til the non-collectors edition is out in stores and get that.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 07, 2009, 10:37:16 AM

but the collectors edition makes you BIRRY WONG at street fighter ;)
pringles

gunsmoke

Quote from: iRONsoL on January 07, 2009, 11:37:25 AM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 07, 2009, 10:37:16 AM

but the collectors edition makes you BIRRY WONG at street fighter ;)

Hahhahaha...cheesecake BlUUUUUUuuuuurrry woooooOOOOOng ;D ;D ;D
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Elixir

Probably better to get the PS3 version.. since you can use any USB pad with it. Microsoft are anal as fuck with their controllers so you get screwed in that department, but my USB Saturn pad works on my PS3 just fine. I think there's a HRAP stick out there with a USB port too..