• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter 4 - 360/PS3 - Feb 09 *$77 from cdwow*

Started by fluxcore, December 03, 2008, 01:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Street Fighter 4!

Xbox 360 & PS3 - February 20th 2009
PC - TBA

Worth preordering, it's awesome!

Quote from: stereomonkey on January 25, 2009, 07:49:17 PM
Copy of SF4 (standard) for $61.95AUD ($77NZD) here

http://www.cdwow.com.au/Street-Fighter-IV/product/view/6274949

Plus free international delivery.

ps, firstgames.co.nz also has the import available for $100

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

gunsmoke

Quote from: fluxcore on December 03, 2008, 01:53:35 PM
Street Fighter 4!

Xbox 360 & PS3 - February(?) 2009
PC - TBA

Worth preordering, it's awesome!

:-[ dont have any console yet
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

fluxcore

Quote from: Orochi on December 04, 2008, 06:22:26 AM
We'll see.

Well, if you can't stand Super Turbo then you probably won't like SF4 much tbh... but you are totally missing out.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

JoeKage

Mean rock on feb 09 ;D ;D. Damn cant wait for this to come out. Roll on Tatsunoko vs Capcom  ;)
Sage of the 6 Paths

Orochi

Quote from: fluxcore on December 04, 2008, 07:42:54 AMWell, if you can't stand Super Turbo then you probably won't like SF4 much tbh... but you are totally missing out.

Well it doesn't seem to have the same horrible framerate, and even though they've just rehashed the initial characters AGAIN, I'm slightly interested in C.Viper.

Hopefully it's still down in chch when I get down there on the 18th

fluxcore

Quote from: Orochi on December 04, 2008, 04:25:23 PM
even though they've just rehashed the initial characters AGAIN

Wait, so you're a KoF fan and are hassling Street Fighter for rehashing characters?

stereomonkey

Quote from: fluxcore on December 04, 2008, 06:28:27 PM
Wait, so you're a KoF fan and are hassling Street Fighter for rehashing characters?

I quadruple lol'd after reading that.

A game is a game in the end.  Have fun or move on if you don't.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[8-----D] Toots

They have this down at timezone now if anyone didn't already know so, its basically a dollar a game now :D

Orochi

Quote from: fluxcore on December 04, 2008, 06:28:27 PM

I meant, after they've remade SFII so often, SFIV just seems like SFII3D. But I am trying to hold off on bashing it completely until I've actually played it.

I'm sick of SFII, I've been sick of SFII for years now, I enjoyed it way back on my megadrive. At least KoF changes.

Anyway, keep this topic on SFIV!

fluxcore

Quote from: Orochi on December 05, 2008, 03:03:06 AM
I meant, after they've remade SFII so often, SFIV just seems like SFII3D.

It pretty much is. Feels very much like Super Turbo.

However, I don't see that you can call it the same, the primary difference is the Focus system. If you don't use focus, it's just SFII3D. If you do, it's a different game! Again, KoF is basically the same game over and over as well, they just change little things in the system each year. I'm not bashing you for liking KoF and not SF (nothing wrong with that at all), I just don't see that there's much difference between the two from a franchise-perspective.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

im definately buying this! whos down for some sf4 tournies >:(
pringles

Orochi

Quote from: fluxcore on December 05, 2008, 07:40:48 AMKoF is basically the same game over and over as well, they just change little things in the system each year.

Rosters always change, different gameplay additions(strikers/tag/maxmode/etc), new story(each game except dream-matches), tiers actually changing constantly... each KoF actually feels like a new game, thats what is so refreshing about it for me.

fluxcore

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Looks good. TOo bad it wont make you any better at street fighter :)
pringles