• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

My Discovery...

Started by streetfighterGenius, January 15, 2009, 08:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

streetfighterGenius

Hey guys,

this is my first post after finding this site and signing up yesterday. I was searching around google looking for a site like this (group of nz fighting game enthusiasts) and finally arrived here... so, hi all.  ;D

also another discovery of late is the fact that even though my username might suggest otherwise... i am actually not as good at streetfighter as i recently thought!  a month ago i downloaded 2DF Freeplay (http://2dfighter.com/) to play StreetFighter 3rd Strike against other people online and alot of them totally kicked my ass! totally!  I obviously have a long way to go still before my skills live up to my username.  :-\

HCO

Hiya, welcome to the site. ;D
2DF is really neat, it and GGPO are like the missing links between arcade and home/console play. On that note, you should also check out GGPO (google it) because a lot of people frequent that, as well. Do you play with a keyboard, pad, or stick?
Man. Reminds me of when I first got on GGPO and just spectated people and was like 'wtf'

JoeKage

Yo whats up I am Joe aka JoeKage. Theres quite a bit of StreetFighter comp in AKL. Do you have an Xbox 360? as theres quite a few guys on this site that rock SF HD Remix. Mean.

HOLA  8)
Sage of the 6 Paths

streetfighterGenius

I did have an xbox360, but then i got burgled!  since then i've been using my laptop and will probably just get sf4 PC version.

I did try ggpo a while back but didnt have much luck with the connection speed and it also crashed alot more.  :(  2dfighter has been really good since i started using it. 

I will try ggpo again... maybe it doesnt like vista?!

Gino

GGPO was a bit iffy for me as well, but it could be due to the port settings. Pitty about your 360, a few of us play HD remix a bit online. Well, the ones that buy the gold membership...

fluxcore

Howsit going!

How hard was the site to find via google? I obviously want it to be as easy to find as possible, but it's kind of tricky to get it right. I.e. what did you search for first? :D

I've never actually tried 2df, but have heard about it a bit. I was a ggpo person, myself - sometimes had some connection problems, but I think that was quite a bit to do with firewall issues. I was using vista, so it's not completely hopeless on Vista...

I suck balls at 3s so maybe you should play me on 2df sometime so you don't feel so bad :D
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness