• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Ties That Bind (movie that came with SF4 collector's edition)

Started by fluxcore, February 28, 2009, 11:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Just watched this last night (in Jap audio/eng subs).

I actually quite enjoyed it. C.Viper seriously kicked ass!

The funniest bit though, was the credits: Claw was listed as "Barlog"!!!!! I nearly shat myself. Directly under that was another typo, "Key Aiimators". The biggest part of the movie, and the job name gets misspelled :/

Other than that, the production values were pretty good I thought. Subtitles were really well done.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

I watched the naughty english dub on you-tube. Part of the C-Viper vs Ryu fight was cut out but I was that already on the Japanese one.

I thought it was ok now that I could understand it. Kind of seemed like an episode or a pilot by the way the story was set up and paced.

Not too bad. Better than Generations not quite as cool as Alpha not as awesome as the original SF2 movie.

I'm sure it's better than the mindrape the new live action movie is gonna be.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Gino

Quote from: CptMunta on February 28, 2009, 11:34:33 AM
Not too bad. Better than Generations not quite as cool as Alpha not as awesome as the original SF2 movie.

I have the Sf2 animated movie on vhs, I re-watch the fei-long vs ryu fight so much that huge tracking lines come on during ryus hurricane kick.

Chuckk

I thought it was ok.
I guess for an hour long thing bundled with a videogame it was pretty awesome.
It's a bit of a step up from the cut scenes in the game, but a long way off being well done. After just having watched the Devil May Cry anime series it was a bit dissapointing, but hey, anything Street Fighter is better than nothing Street Fighter so I enjoyed it, and the story on C Viper is a nice touch.
Would have liked another hour or so to get into some of the shadaloo stuff.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny