• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

new NZISM LOGO! THIS IS MY FINAL!

Started by iMagneto, March 03, 2009, 12:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orochi

... why does it have to be top tier?

frankly all you need in there of Street Fighter is a couple of the memorable ones, the ChunLi and Bison ones look great

Easy silhouettes from KOF?

Terry Bogard, make his hat white, or have a back shot with his star
Iori Yagami, back shot of him instead, with the moon on his back white

I was thinking of drawing up an image of a bunch of fighting game bosses, maybe i can manipulate that into some sort of sub-banner...

Thinking of putting Sagat/Geese/I-No/Gill/Rugal/Bison/Orochi/Seth/Dizzy/Mr.Big/Krauser/Jinpachi/Unknown/ OH GOD THERE ARE TOO MANY BOSSES

fluxcore

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 03, 2009, 11:41:48 PM
Theres no hostility here Mike. Everyone likes the logo.

The blue i think was just flux experimenting with putting your logo on a black background. It wasnt a "bro u shud change it to dis plx" gesture, just an idea.

Exactly. I would have hoped it was fairly obvious that all I did was 'invert colours' to see what it'd be like on a black background, since I don't really like white shirts/hoodies. I was just too lazy to magic wand the logo bit, so that inverted to blue. Not really sure the whole thing works that great on a black/dark bg though, thoughts on bg colours, ppl?

Quotepeople would just like to see a broader spectrum of characters in there.

Yeah, basically. Don't need an entire backline of SF chars when there are so many other fighters to pick from (MORTAL KOMBATTTT! :D)

QuoteIve said what i want to say about the smaller-type font in an older post.

Yep, agree - hard to read & hard to tell it's even an URL

Basically, i like it. I think the colour scheme needs a bit of revision. (I prefer Mikes colour scheme, but the orange is the only part that bothers me. Maybe try and use the green that the site has currently? Just a random thought)

I like green, and it sort of has a 'NZ-ness' about it (or the other way around I suppose), not sure how it would fit alongside that image though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

ALERT INCOMING SERIOUS POST!!! PREPARE YOUR SERIOUS FACE!!!

I think that the logo shouldbe a mechanism with which to draw people into the community.  In a way it needs to draw the casual gamer in, so that we can then turn them into a hardcore world warrior.  In that light I think we should just try and stick to the most popular characters.  Everyone knows Ryu, Magneto, or Jin because those games are mainstream (or in Mags case the cartoon and comics). 

However, I don't think that your casual gamer is going to be able to recognise some of the more niche fighting game characters, (eg: KOF, SC4, VF, GGXX) and that by including them we might end up alienating potential new members.

In my opinion the logo is fucking fantastic as is, and I would gladly wear it on a t-shirt/hoodie/pair of underwear.  Good work dude!

Those are my thoughts anyway.

/END SERIOUSNESS

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

KOF is definitely mainstream. Theres a reason that there are 800 KOF machines at yifans. GG not so much, but i was just suggesting other options.

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Orochi

A lot of people know who Terry Bogard is... also, ever since CvS2, a lot more people know about SNK chars too

We need to be drawing EVERYBODY in, not just scru- i mean newcomers, I myself would put a character from Street Fighter, King of Fighters, Darkstalkers, Guilty Gear, Melty Blood, Tekken, Marvel and ... Tatsunoko

EDIT: That way, when newcomers look at the logo, they'll recognize 1-4 of the characters, get curious and start asking questions!

Getting them into other fighting games

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I disagree with Melty blood and tatsunoko, but that is the point im trying to get across aswell.

(I totally forgot about darkstalkers. EVERYONE knows who morrigan is.)
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

!DIABLO GTR!

Like anyone else on the these forums besides me plays Melty Blood or Guilty Gear actively...

Which I don't anymore...

Making it pretty much redundent...   :D

Heihachi would be a better character for the logo. He is not a flying penis like Jin and even Sony thinks he is awesome...  :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLqRw6roSeA&feature=channel_page
PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Quote from: !DIABLO GTR! on March 04, 2009, 10:50:05 PM
Like anyone else on the these forums besides me plays Melty Blood or Guilty Gear actively...

Which I don't anymore...

Making it pretty much redundent...   :D

Heihachi would be a better character for the logo. He is not a flying penis like Jin and even Sony thinks he is awesome...  :)

lol wtf is that from/for??
pringles

!DIABLO GTR!

Quote from: iRONsoL on March 05, 2009, 08:28:21 AM
Quote from: !DIABLO GTR! on March 04, 2009, 10:50:05 PM

Which I don't anymore...

Making it pretty much redundent...   :D

lol wtf is that from/for??
Something to do with PS3's social network thing...  :)
PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

CptMunta

Quote from: !DIABLO GTR! on March 04, 2009, 10:50:05 PMHeihachi would be a better character for the logo. He is not a flying penis like Jin and even Sony thinks he is awesome...  :)

Man, less time making cosplay for home users and more time making gamespaces.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

samurai black

just put terry in there and you'd have a winner.

Eddy_COMBO

the logo is sweet as man looks awesome

adding an snk character would be sweet. Terry has my vote as well :D

but as long Ryu is in there its all good......

PSN: primofreak
Currently playing - Call of Duty Black Ops, Soul Calibur 4, MVC2

gunsmoke

Quote from: Eddy_COMBO on March 06, 2009, 09:11:26 PM
the logo is sweet as man looks awesome

adding an snk character would be sweet. Terry has my vote as well :D

but as long Ryu is in there its all good......

Yo where have  been u quit playin game?
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

Scx

ZOMG BEN i just remembered, do you know a joel who lives like at the apartment nxt to skycity tower  :o

gunsmoke

Quote from: Scx on March 07, 2009, 06:48:10 AM
ZOMG BEN i just remembered, do you know a joel who lives like at the apartment nxt to skycity tower  :o

Who is this?
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!