• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Hackable Xbox360 pcbs

Started by fluxcore, March 08, 2009, 01:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

I know a couple of you have enquired as to gamepads that you can hack for the 360, well I found one.

JBHifi has the official MS wired controllers for $65 which are the common line 'late revision' model, as seen here: http://slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_diagrams/360_diagram1.jpg

You'll want to peer through the packaging to see the back of the label - if there's that rubbish bin icon in the bottom left corner of the label (as seen in that picture) then chances are it's a common line pcb suitable for hacking.

Please note these controllers are NOT common ground, which causes problems if you want to dual-mod with another pcb. There are ways around it, but they are annoying.

Still not the easiest thing to hack in the world (the madcatz stuff would be easier), but at least it's locally available.

HTH
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Mightyape currently has wired controllers (which have a good chance of being common line) at the low price of $50
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Xbox-360/Xbox-360-Wired-Controller/1477425/
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

yeah be carefull with these.  The solder points for them are really tight (not much larger than a pinhead).

Ive padhacked 2 of the common line controllers for other people, so gimme a scream if you want some advice.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

On Stu's one I actually ripped the trace off the dpad for the right button, luckily the other side of the PCB has pretty decent solder locations as well...

stereomonkey

Quote from: fluxcore on July 15, 2009, 02:14:44 PM
On Stu's one I actually ripped the trace off the dpad for the right button, luckily the other side of the PCB has pretty decent solder locations as well...

I had used the solder points on the non analog side.  Only a few did I do on the analog side (I can't remember exactly what buttons)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

deprenyl

i have a wired 360 controller im willing to part with for $35 if anybodys interested

has the rubbish bin icon too

cheers.

polenykes

i have an already opened up controller(wireless) that my mate destroyed so i was going to make a stick but never got round to it, if anyone wants it let me know

stereomonkey

New control pad for the xbox360.  Made by hori so I'm wondering if this is going to be a common line pad (maybe even common ground if your lucky)

Comes out this month.

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

Would this one be any good for padhacking?

http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_diagrams/360_diagram5.jpg

Not sure how well are wireless controllers though for using as a aracde stick...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

You can pad hack anything if you try hard enough. That one doesn't have even common line however, so dual mod is completely out of the question.

zos'la

I am not planning to dual mod this one.
My question is that it seems to have like 5 COMMON? what are they for? I though the BROWN was teh GROUND? what are the other commons used for? can't I just use that GROUND(Brown) as the the Ground for all of my signals?

fluxcore

No. It's not common ground. It has split common points for other buttons, but they are not all common.

Also you would need to have batteries all the time.

I'd suggest just getting the pad that I recommended in the first post, or better one of the madcatz pads which are only available by luck in the states.

zos'la

ah ic thanks for the heads up.

also in your first post above: http://slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_diagrams/360_diagram1.jpg

that one has common ground but it is not good for Dual mod? why is that since its got common ground... I thought the MadCatz has the same properties as these with common ground? excuse my ignorance :D

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on November 25, 2009, 10:03:27 AM
ah ic thanks for the heads up.

also in your first post above: http://slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_diagrams/360_diagram1.jpg

that one has common ground but it is not good for Dual mod? why is that since its got common ground... I thought the MadCatz has the same properties as these with common ground? excuse my ignorance :D

Its common LINE, not common GROUND. He even says that in his post, and then has it in bold so that you dont miss it.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la