• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

MVC2

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

any creative low tier teams?

i know kingpic has wolverine/omega red/gambit, and has been using collosus/silver samurai/doom lately.

ive tried hayato/servbot/doom, and holy shit i never realised how worthless king kobun super is. i also tried megaman/doom/tron, but alot of the time my idea of low tier is someone/doom/tron....  :-\ 

what's amingo like?

fluxcore

Well, he's almost trash tier... http://www.video-opera.com/features/mvc2/mvc2-joo.php is pretty good tier list-wise, which puts him down with Chun and Hayato... I'm sure he has some interesting stuff but he's pretty lame (plus he's FAT).

Yeah, all my low tier teams have doom or tron or both in them... I like Ruby/Doom, Sakura, and Morrigan in the low tiers. Played with Megaman a bit, he's pretty good (1 frame lp!), and I guess you can't pass up Cammy...

I don't play marvel often enough (at all, really) to be over top tiers though.

My old training buddy Stu used to play some annoying Jin/SilverSamurai/someone team that was actually pretty rude. I hate the mashability of SilSam's super!!!

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

i was thinking about picking up venom. i know he has that trap with doom, but i dont really want to be using tron aswell, since the tron/doom combo is boring as sin.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

what about ken then. then you can bust out the runaway doom with invincible ken assist.

im keen for some collosus/spiderman/ironman, but spiderman is just pathetic.

ive heard venom is a low tier counter for cable. there used to be a guy who played down at yifans who had an awesome venom, but hes moved away overseas never to return

gunsmoke

Just use Dhalsim/Anakaris/Juggenaut omy old team Captain America/ Omega Red / Silver Samurai...

HmmmmMM wot else...shoto team lol...... ;D ;D ;D
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

fluxcore

Quote from: samurai black on May 19, 2007, 09:25:57 PM
ive heard venom is a low tier counter for cable.

Any ideas how this works? The only counters I can think of for cable are Strider and Spiral, both because of teleports (well, and some projectiles that hit him out of AHVB). Venom have teleport? Nup... Venom have projectiles? Uhm...

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

he has venom fang >_>

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

and if today was any indication, (me gaining various upper hands using venom/doom, then getting owned as soon as venom died) venom fang works as both a teleport AND a projectile. it evades projectiles (viper beam/cables HP) closes massive distance, can be done in the air, and has almost no recovery time. the only downside is that it does damage comparable to servbot.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

doom/guile/gambit is sexy as hell

also, venom fang is gay because it recovers too fast

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

NO UR MUM IS GAE
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

I had a friend at high school whose mother's name was Gaye...

--flux

samurai black

yo

[attachment deleted by admin]

samurai black

yo, kingpic, heres that sexy mags/gambit/capcom vid i was talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYgEqhyDrAM

Ryan

cool vid. some nice gambit assists  :o 
I'd try low tier teams if I had the game at home. But otherwise, it's a waste of money practising in yifans T__T
guile/ryu/ken is the only low tier I have T__T
fighting game noob

kingpiccolo

that was some cool shit right there.

i dont think ill be in yifans for the next few days im like broke as T.T
stupid yifans luring me in with its marvel goodness oh the pain ohh the pain.....

hehehe muckin around with amingo hes fun but i need to learn more than 1 combo with him :p