• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

MVC2

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 29, 2009, 06:54:19 PM
Well not anymore since you decided to post in EVERY TOPIC to bump up your post count. >_>

Anyway, im feeling Dhalsim at the moment. Zoning + rushdown all in one. He kind of feels like a much faster anakaris. Once i get half decent with him ill definitely drop storm. Plus, its MUCH easier to get the curse infinite with the sim aa assist. Im rigorously studying magnetro's dhalsim tutorial atm.

Same as the lennytron!  He getting pretty good with him though he is still doing some seriously silly things (trying to dhc to iron man while he is on the screen) but I think he is extremly enjoying Sim.

Actually Lenny, you gotta learn to roll all the time. You keep getting hit by my OTG's which you can easily roll.  Keep up with the hard work Lenny :D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Lenny was gripped by the sim bug way back when i was learning anakaris. I would guess that his sim is lightyears ahead of mine. Im still stuck in the 'mid-screen zoning' stage. My rushdown with him is pretty crap atm. I havent sussed out a BnB yet, and you can only get so far comboing into s.HP and throwing a yoga fire which doesnt hit.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CptMunta

Having fun with this game.

Can beat a few scrubs with zoning antics.

Can beat people who kinda have a few tricks with zoning antics.

Can go toe to toe with people that kinda know that they are doing with zoning antics

Get owned hard by people who fully know what they are doing with their crazy antics.

My team atm mo' is Cyclops, Sentinel, Cable. I basically throw out FP with Cyclops Assist with Sent Optic blast. Fly around mashing LP/LK then Rocket punch with Sent or Gun Sent assist VIperbeam Hyperviper beam with Cable. Or mix it up with grenades. Weeeeee! MashScrubNoobpower!

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

stereomonkey

Haha, good to see your playing mahvel marc :)

Have you been doing some training sessions with anybody on the PSN network?  I'm sure if you have some games with lenny and have a way of speaking to each other (vent?) he will be able to teach you the basics for the game.

That or you can wait till I get a PS3 and bust out some marvel too.  Though I will be playing on a pad for a while till I get a hackable pad.

CptMunta

Quote from: stereomonkey on August 31, 2009, 07:57:33 AM
Haha, good to see your playing mahvel marc :)

Have you been doing some training sessions with anybody on the PSN network?  I'm sure if you have some games with lenny and have a way of speaking to each other (vent?) he will be able to teach you the basics for the game.

That or you can wait till I get a PS3 and bust out some marvel too.  Though I will be playing on a pad for a while till I get a hackable pad.

Yeah that would be cool, there are 101 holes in my game. I know I am at the uber scrubby level, but that's cool it's a new game for me. The tips Grahame gave me while I was up in Auckland have been REALLY helpful. I was playing it like the other vs games (basically never assisting)

Also hearing people talk about Sim's awesomeness is great. I've been mucking around with him randoming up a storm. It's so much fun playing a Sim who is fast and can even chain combo!

stereomonkey

Yeah, he is like the ST version on crack :D

Did you know that there is a DVD dedicated to Sim tips?  It can be found here.  He has some really cool stuff and since playing Lenny and his Sim I was wanting to pick him up too!  Yoga Flaames for everyone!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CptMunta on August 30, 2009, 11:18:01 PM
Having fun with this game.

Can beat a few scrubs with zoning antics.

Can beat people who kinda have a few tricks with zoning antics.

Can go toe to toe with people that kinda know that they are doing with zoning antics

Get owned hard by people who fully know what they are doing with their crazy antics.

My team atm mo' is Cyclops, Sentinel, Cable. I basically throw out FP with Cyclops Assist with Sent Optic blast. Fly around mashing LP/LK then Rocket punch with Sent or Gun Sent assist VIperbeam Hyperviper beam with Cable. Or mix it up with grenades. Weeeeee! MashScrubNoobpower!

I may have misread this, but dont use cyke's optic blast assist. AA is MUCH more useful.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

also I question the validity of putting cyke on point...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

^Fully :)

Nah don't use his optic blast assist. Uppercuts all the way. I put Cyclops on point mainly because I can use him better than the other characters and he lasts longer. Also so I can build meter for when he gets KOed for Sent and Cable.

Also dunno what Assist to use for Cable. Uppercut or Viperbeam? would go uppercut if I didn't have one already. But is always better to have a reversal or runaway tools.

Also read the IGN guide which has been pretty helpful. You can download PSP compatible guides which is great. I have my psp browser on to skim read tips in training mode.

fluxcore

Well by far the most common variant of that team is

Sentinel (drones)/Cable (aa)/Cyke (aa)
aka scrubclops (team scrub has capcom aa instead of cyke)
Cable viper beam assist sucks.

Cyke is great on his own (probably one of the best solo chars tbh), but really adds so much to sent/cable as an AA that you really want him to not get destroyed as the first char. Losing cyke really hurts the team, so putting him first just as a battery is a complete waste. Sent is a brilliant battery also, he doesn't NEED meter to do lots of damage. Of course, if you get to use HSF then you may as well. But anyway, when sent dies chances are cable will have a couple of meters.

Sent is hard to get used to I guess, but once you do he's absolutely brilliant, so may as well start now. Cable is pretty braindead, especially with Cyke AA backing him up. Starting cyke is false economy.

HTH
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

basic sent - as soon as the match starts, backdash, spit and call cyke. fly and annoy with lp/lk and rocket punch whiffed assists to punish the bastards. and spit to  unfly regularly so you dont get clipped by supers.

when cable is in and sent is still alive, use him as your meat shield, but dont forget to cover him to avoid him dying. your assist should cover your point character, and you should also remember to cover your assist.

and PUSHBLOCK peeps who rush. gives you space to breath and a few moments to think.

i should pushblock more often, cause i get overwhelmed and then my brain just shuts down and goes 'oh fuck oh fuck im dying what do i do!?'

Lennysaurus

Quote from: samurai black on August 31, 2009, 11:40:13 AM

and PUSHBLOCK peeps who rush. gives you space to breath and a few moments to think.

i should pushblock more often, cause i get overwhelmed and then my brain just shuts down and goes 'oh fuck oh fuck im dying what do i do!?'

This is the fucking truth!  If you learn anything first, learn how to pushblock properly.  You will remember this the next time sent is flying all over you stomping the shit out of you and commando pops in every few seconds.

Im liking sim.  Easy to punish assists with.  and some cool combos.  So friggin execution heavy though.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

On point cyke is where the 'BIRRY WONG' phenomenon stemmed from.

All the above advice is sound, but be careful with:

Quotebasic sent - as soon as the match starts, backdash, spit and call cyke. fly and annoy with lp/lk and rocket punch whiffed assists to punish the bastards. and spit to  unfly regularly so you dont get clipped by supers.

Its not BAD per-say, but it runs the risk of becoming predictable. If someone whiffs an assist on purpose, they set up a pretty easy punish on sent. And too much fly/unfly you end up flying at the wrong time and getting a hailstorm to the face. Mix that shit up esse'.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

well hes just starting, so its an okay to start off with, before branching out and generally being clever.

another thing to do against scrubs(shit people, not the team), is when you have sent on point and capcom assistn, is just fly back and forth over the top of them and mash commando assist. loads of fun when you feel like being a jerk

AD/Sober Dave/whatever the hell hes calling himself taught me that  :D

fluxcore

That's my main sentinel tactic!