• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

MVC2

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnstorm

Quote from: fluxcore on April 17, 2010, 11:12:00 AM
Yeah well then that's not unblockable is it? You just block the other way. I think there's more to it than that with this vid...

im not sure if there is more to it like storms lightening attack im sure thats a cross up not unblockable

it is also in training mode set to no block

stereomonkey

HC Hit both sides it seems from the little practice I've tried this morning (dummy on all block after the snapback).  That is Iron Man and Omega Red, have not tried the others though.  Characters were cable and mags.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Barnstorm

Quote from: stereomonkey on April 17, 2010, 11:24:08 AM
HC Hit both sides it seems from the little practice I've tried this morning (dummy on all block after the snapback).  That is Iron Man and Omega Red, have not tried the others though.  Characters were cable and mags.

Whats the timing like on that?

stereomonkey

Snapback dash super, Hit every now and then.  I think it has something to do with the animation flash?
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I learned two new things about marvel today, whilst experimenting with Jugg/iceman/tron.

1) If you use a team super (i used it with jugg on point) Tron's giant servbot will negate icemans arctic attack. O_o

2) If you use a team super, with juggernaut and iceman (dont think the prescence of tron matters, but im not sure), if the headcrush crosses them up (ie, goes through them while they block) then the latter half of the arctic attack is UNBLOCKABLE. (I dont think its truely unblockable, but there is a completely ambiguous window where you need to start blocking in the other direction. And you have to be Jesus to see that shit properly.

MVC2, 10 years on and im still discovering weird shit. (That other people probably have known for ages)
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 16, 2010, 09:29:23 PM
I learned two new things about marvel today, whilst experimenting with Jugg/iceman/tron.

1) If you use a team super (i used it with jugg on point) Tron's giant servbot will negate icemans arctic attack. O_o

2) If you use a team super, with juggernaut and iceman (dont think the prescence of tron matters, but im not sure), if the headcrush crosses them up (ie, goes through them while they block) then the latter half of the arctic attack is UNBLOCKABLE. (I dont think its truely unblockable, but there is a completely ambiguous window where you need to start blocking in the other direction. And you have to be Jesus to see that shit properly.

true i might try have look  ::)

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 16, 2010, 09:29:23 PM

MVC2, 10 years on and im still discovering weird shit. (That other people probably have known for ages)

lol same too mostly on low tier....i will say some of them not even discovered by people yet ... :o
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

samurai black

found this old gamepro gem, regarding tiers :D

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ive been telling you guys that Sakura Akuma and Jin were top tier.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

lol sentinel 2.....sif
The New Generation Clockw0rk

samurai black

had a bit of a jam on this just now on psn.got punked out majorly by a spiral player  :D ive got a bit of experience vs spiral, but its very limited due to me not playing spiral, and not many of the regular marvel crew not using her.

anyway, anything i can do about one thats teleport happy? like that just spams teleport until i fuck up? tried chasing, but because spirals teleport movement is dependant on my characters place it sorta didnt work :/

tips? i was playing scrubclops then switched to my old team green :D

figured capcom would punch a hole in her but hes not really my style.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Was he teleporting into the same spot each time and trying to score a hit and cover himself with an assist? Or was he literally just teleporting, and then teleporting again once the teleport recovers?

You should be able to snag his teleport recovery with cyke similar to how you can with capcom. (Lag on PSN makes this pretty hard though.) Otherwise just smash on his assists. Deal with Spiral later. Cable should be able to shit all over any of her sword pressure.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

maybe blackheart AA assist ???
pringles

Lennysaurus

Wouldn't she just teleport behind cable if he tried to shoot her?

Im pretty sire that you would rape her with like 2 AHVB if you caught her with cyc though.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on December 02, 2010, 04:17:37 PM
Wouldn't she just teleport behind cable if he tried to shoot her?

Im pretty sire that you would rape her with like 2 AHVB if you caught her with cyc though.

The first sentence is what richard is talking about.

The second sentence is the answer to richards problem.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

just dance around for abit with cable, to try and see if there is a teleport pattern and try to take notice of which assist is being called out, but make it look like your actively trying to chase, but just build meter to burn through their assist.

Once they've only got 2 characters just turtle, to cause frustration, then cable will be happy in the pants ;D

just remember that 99% of the time, they're gonna teleport directly above your.........so jumping and dashing is always handy
The New Generation Clockw0rk