• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

MVC2

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Unfly basically functions the same way fly does in terms of combos, except instead of going from normal mode to fly mode, youre going the other way.

Normally, when you fly, and then return to normal mode, you cant do anything until you hit the ground. With unfly mode, you CAN perform actions again, meaning you can extend your air combo for further reps, the same way you can initially with fly. It has more uses with say, sent, but this is the primary one for IM.

To gain unfly, you have to be hit while flying by an attack that doesnt knock you to the ground. Now every time you come out of fly, you will be in unfly. If you get hit in the same scenario, you will not have unfly mode anymore. I think thats how it works anyway. My IM/Sent are crap.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

I'm pretty sure that any attack that knocks you off your feet but doesn't put you on your back gives you unfly mode.  Like if you get launched and not comboed, stuff like mags st.roundhouse or storm and IM's st.feirce.

I find slide method easier than claw tbh.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

^Yea that sounds about right. And i agree about slide method.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Lenny, I thought you method was smashing the buttons as loud and fast as possible when you go from sjc to lk :P

I pefer using slide when doing c.hk X sjc hk x c.hk; claw for rom.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE]iRONSoL

unfly for ironman is pretty much just for show....

you shouldnt really bother with that unless you can do 101 infinite setups...then move to the unfly stuff, makes it way easier

love from dave ;D
pringles

redtie

Man so much to learn for this game, you have to learn THREE CHARACTERS! before you can actually start playing sigh.. Shot thanks everyone again. I will have more questions soon!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Tbh it's more like 2 characters. One is normally an assist slave. Or be manly and go 1 character with 2 assist slave and go for the ocv
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Nick4now

Hahaha I guess I'm on the right track to learning then. When I was playing with my scrubby Clockw0rk team I basically just mashed the hell outta Doom's assist while rushing down with Strider  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Quote from: Nick4now on January 16, 2011, 08:21:53 PM
Hahaha I guess I'm on the right track to learning then. When I was playing with my scrubby Clockw0rk team I basically just mashed the hell outta Doom's assist while rushing down with Strider  ;D

excellent
pringles

redtie

Okay I decided im going to ask a question a day on mvc2 cause really want to get better hohoho.

Trying to setup Ironman infinite, I can do the whole jump in uf+hk easy enough. BUT! I saw a vid where he did cr.lk, cr.mp into the infinite. Didn't have notations so I didn't get how to do it... help? AND! how do you combo into proton cannon after the inifinite???

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

c.lk, c.mp, hk(launch), j.hp, addf, j.lp, j.uhp, land, [j.lp, j.mp, j.mk, j.uhp] repeat.

To combo into proton cannon, you need to corner them with the infinite, then instead of holding uf, just hold up and do a rep of the infinite, land, proton cannon. Easy. Or you can just be blues and co c.lk, c.mp, proton cannon..
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

LN

Uh, no, pretty sure you have to super jump cancel the mp. Kinda tricky. You have to go to neutral first.

also, you do s.HP xx proton cannon after the inf in the corner.
There is no knowledge that is not power

[NIUE]iRONSoL

Quote from: redtie on January 17, 2011, 08:24:54 AM
I saw a vid where he did cr.lk, cr.mp into the infinite

You have to SJ cancel the cr.mp. Which is basically hitting the cr.mp letting the stick go to neutral and then super jumping.

SO: cr.lk, cr.mp, sjc, sj.lp, (air dash forward), adf.lp, adf.u+hp -> infinite

To combo proton cannon:
in corner: from infinite, land, standing hp xx proton cannon, or do what bill said. You could also do cr.lp, cr.mp xx proton cannon to combo from infinite. You can combo it mid screen like this, i think you may need to dash in a bit though. bah i suck at explaining things  :-X
pringles

gunsmoke

Quote from: [NIUE]iRONSoL on January 17, 2011, 09:27:37 AM
You have to SJ cancel the cr.mp. Which is basically hitting the cr.mp letting the stick go to neutral and then super jumping.

SO: cr.lk, cr.mp, sjc, sj.lp, (air dash forward), adf.lp, adf.u+hp -> infinite

To combo proton cannon:
in corner: from infinite, land, standing hp xx proton cannon, or do what bill said. You could also do cr.lp, cr.mp xx proton cannon to combo from infinite. You can combo it mid screen like this, i think you may need to dash in a bit though. bah i suck at explaining things  :-X

LOL the King Iron Sol will show u da 100%:NZ iroman playa ;D
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

stereomonkey

Then once you have that down you can start using assists in the mix for more damage/easier options.  Rocks anybody? ;)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"