• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

SF3:TS

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose!

Most of the better players down here have dabbled a bit with Alex, most of us picked him up real quick... you kinda need to put a little time into learning all your variants/mixups and then go to town from there, next stop stunsville. I think most of us get by with just kara throw/ex slash for the knockdown and powerbomb/headbutt/st. fierce (meaty trades with dp)/sweep/BIG BOOT!, rinse repeat.  ;D
My Alex seems to suck now due to obsessions with j.mk or ex. elbows xx SAII from fullscreen.

edit: Everyone else suffers from obsessions with Stungun/Captain America.

[8-----D] Toots

So are a group of people coming up for 3s from wellington? if so keen as to make mean as

I might just focus on 3s now that my interest in ssf4 has dropped dramatically.

stereomonkey

I'm just glad that everyone who is interested is getting straight into training!  Good Stuff Guys! ;D
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

I might try to polish my game up for August too. It may be hard cross training with three SF titles but luckily 3S is pretty straight forward in terms of timing and strategy.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: moose! on April 26, 2010, 08:45:44 PM
Most of the better players down here have dabbled a bit with Alex, most of us picked him up real quick... you kinda need to put a little time into learning all your variants/mixups and then go to town from there, next stop stunsville. I think most of us get by with just kara throw/ex slash for the knockdown and powerbomb/headbutt/st. fierce (meaty trades with dp)/sweep/BIG BOOT!, rinse repeat.  ;D
My Alex seems to suck now due to obsessions with j.mk or ex. elbows xx SAII from fullscreen.

edit: Everyone else suffers from obsessions with Stungun/Captain America.

I love the way Alex plays. I usually try to play rush down with a side of baiting and wiffs. He's really good for beginners to pick up but I find you gotta play a bit dirty with him to be most effective.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: CrazyMobius on April 26, 2010, 10:00:03 PM
I might try to polish my game up for August too. It may be hard cross training with three SF titles but luckily 3S is pretty straight forward in terms of timing and strategy.

...cool  :o 8) ??? ::) :P
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Skullator

Smoof's feeling frisky tonight

Chuckk

Quote from: CrazyMobius on April 26, 2010, 10:04:06 PM
I love the way Alex plays. I usually try to play rush down with a side of baiting and wiffs. He's really good for beginners to pick up but I find you gotta play a bit dirty with him to be most effective.

I don't believe Alex is good for beginners at all.
His high damage combos and jump ins are godlike and SUPER EASY but he gets BODIED by any highmid tier let alone the top.
I appreciate what you mean though, and yeah if you're new to the game you can definitely do a lot of damage and end matches fast but against players who've played a lot it's a lot tougher.

A real good beginner character is Ken haha. Everything that dude has is nasty and super solid, but he sort of lacks some of the tricky gimick's that characers like Dudley, Makoto and Urien have.

I'd also argue Dudley is above Ken in the tiers because he go's really even with Chun. I'd say Makoto is very close to top, and SBO results would back me up, but even fools like J or Momochi are too fucking random for her to be tiered in the top 3.

Look at 09 SBO Finals for example, Momochi does a full screen RANDOM fierce dash punch. XCOPYING that will get you destroyed hah.

It's really good to see you guys pick up the game more for nationals etc, should make for an exciting comp.
Especially because unlike the USA, I highly doubt we will 75% Chun 25% Yun 0% anyone fun.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

moose!

Don't you go bringing tiers into this, bucko!
...But Duds is definitely below Ken/Mak who are about even imo, even below Yang too. Maybe Urien/Agooma but that might be pushing it.

The easiest charcter to learn with is Elena, IMHO... Even though she's a bad version of Chun you can play so lazy with her and still annoy the shit outta reasonable players... she's got some nasty normals, most of which are unthrowable, j.RH double hit and st.RH are godly to spam and you'll catch players out with them even who try low hit/throw. Just don't use any of her special moves and you'll do juuuuuuuuuuuust fine. Her only ground hit confirm is a pretty tight one unfortunately but her SAII does about as much damage as chuns if you can get it down, and she's got a pretty decent kara-throw.
Or Denjin. Urgh.
Or no-special turtle Oro xx 3 stone tengu chip

Chuckk

Quote from: moose! on April 27, 2010, 10:10:13 AM
...But Duds is definitely below Ken/Mak who are about even imo, even below Yang too. Maybe Urien/Agooma but that might be pushing it.

The easiest charcter to learn with is Elena, IMHO... Even though she's a bad version of Chun you can play so lazy with her and still annoy the shit outta reasonable players... she's got some nasty normals, most of which are unthrowable, j.RH double hit and st.RH are godly to spam and you'll catch players out with them even who try low hit/throw. Just don't use any of her special moves and you'll do juuuuuuuuuuuust fine. Her only ground hit confirm is a pretty tight one unfortunately but her SAII does about as much damage as chuns if you can get it down, and she's got a pretty decent kara-throw.
Or Denjin. Urgh.

Yeah I was going to say Elena.
Haha fair enough about tiers, I'll add one more thing though.
I really doubt dudley is below those dudes but Akuma does beat Dudley 6-4 iirc, but Dudley is the nastiest character in the game with any amount of meter. The only thing he is even lacking is a long rangeish low hit confirm but he does not need that.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: Toomeke on April 26, 2010, 09:37:00 PM
So are a group of people coming up for 3s from wellington? if so keen as to make mean as

I might just focus on 3s now that my interest in ssf4 has dropped dramatically.

:-[ :-[ :-[
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Barnstorm

Quote from: moose! on April 27, 2010, 10:10:13 AM

Or Denjin. Urgh.

Really Elena?

in my experience (which is not much)
all she has is throw(kara) for any real damage

for combo starter she has cr.mp which is a not a low but can be parried both high and low (takes the guess out of parrying)
or cr.lk,cr.lk xx super II

i would say easiest to learn is ryu, ken or chun

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Birry Wong has no problems jumping in at the deep end. Real men drown instead of swim anyway.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Chuckk

Quote from: Barnstorm on April 27, 2010, 04:57:31 PM
Really Elena?

in my experience (which is not much)
all she has is throw(kara) for any real damage

for combo starter she has cr.mp which is a not a low but can be parried both high and low (takes the guess out of parrying)
or cr.lk,cr.lk xx super II

i would say easiest to learn is ryu, ken or chun

You can play Elena like Chun. You don't run around spamming specials and looking for combos, just play solid footsies and poke then when you can punish she can unleash hell.
Also she has stupid amount of overheads and weird normals and multi hit moves.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

-Lenny