• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Vote for Street fighter 4 Tournament at xlan =)

Started by iMagneto, March 30, 2009, 05:33:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iMagneto

http://www.xlan.co.nz/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4930

this is the link, poll for yes for tournament at xlan =)
and yes xlan!! we want tournament =)

Lennysaurus

So what happens at XLAN.  Basically I suck cock at every game there except for Street fighter IV.  So does that mean if we all agree and end up going we just turn up and play SFIV for 3 days?  Can we just set up somewhere and play our own shit for a while?  cause that would be cool.  Three days of fuckin all sorts of street fighter and fighting game shit would be awesome.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: Lennysaurus on March 30, 2009, 06:15:23 PM
So what happens at XLAN.  Basically I suck cock at every game there except for Street fighter IV.  So does that mean if we all agree and end up going we just turn up and play SFIV for 3 days?  Can we just set up somewhere and play our own shit for a while?  cause that would be cool.  Three days of fuckin all sorts of street fighter and fighting game shit would be awesome.
Yeah thatd be mean . I also wondered what happens when the sf4 part isint on cos im not gonna play any other games .
If we can get our own area were we can play Street fighter for 3 days im in .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

fluxcore

You enter either a PC game (single) or you can enter the 'console' division - where you can enter as many console games as you want (at least that's how it worked last year).

You're then given half of a table + network cable that you can do whatever you want with.

Last year, Gino and I went and took a 25" CRT and a laptop and an xbox, along with sticks, so we could play all the emulated games we wanted.
(Gino broke one of my dreamcast sticks in the first game of mvc2 we played, so that became useless for the rest of the time).

So yeah, if we had like 8 of us all signed up as NZism, we'd all be placed next to each other and could have a mecca of fighting games right there.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: fluxcore on March 30, 2009, 07:31:47 PM

You enter either a PC game (single) or you can enter the 'console' division - where you can enter as many console games as you want (at least that's how it worked last year).

You're then given half of a table + network cable that you can do whatever you want with.

Last year, Gino and I went and took a 25" CRT and a laptop and an xbox, along with sticks, so we could play all the emulated games we wanted.
(Gino broke one of my dreamcast sticks in the first game of mvc2 we played, so that became useless for the rest of the time).

So yeah, if we had like 8 of us all signed up as NZism, we'd all be placed next to each other and could have a mecca of fighting games right there.

oooooaaaaaa now that does sound good !

Diaz

Hi guys, please consider going over to XLAN to vote for Streetfighter 4 tournament. Personally, i think it's a great opportunity for streetfighter gamers to get into a great event. I went to last year's event and it was pretty good. A real eye opener for how far gaming really has come. I guess we have an opportunity to get Streetfighter the exposure it deserves.

Thanks to B1ackstarNinja for spreading the word.

Diaz

I agree with what you are saying. My bread and butter is pretty much fighting games, primarily fighting games. I'm going to xLAN this year and i entered the Virtua Fighter 5 contest. Just bought the game two months ago and been playing since then to get ready.

I think you can register as a group so you are seated together and just play whatever you want for 3 days straight.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

Will

Its pretty cool, having a huge group of the dudes from NZism would easily blow the numbers in the console area in the previous years I reckon. Looks like this year its going to be a low turnout without the Halo crews there since it wont get picked by WCG and VF5 & GH:WT are single player games. Hopefully this goes ahead and there are a few votes on the poll, how about Lenny you post it over in the GP forums to get some more interest?
Learning....

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

aww gay no halo......

man i was looking forward to it.... ???
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Will on March 30, 2009, 08:55:04 PM
Its pretty cool, having a huge group of the dudes from NZism would easily blow the numbers in the console area in the previous years I reckon. Looks like this year its going to be a low turnout without the Halo crews there since it wont get picked by WCG and VF5 & GH:WT are single player games. Hopefully this goes ahead and there are a few votes on the poll, how about Lenny you post it over in the GP forums to get some more interest?

Yuppers you read my mind.  I spam forums like its my fuckin job goddamnit!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

iMagneto

yeah im not a fan of virtual fighter 5, always a fan of street fighter 4
how did gino manage to broke ya dreamcast sticks? lol~~

should i bring my dreamcast, and have mvc2 as well? =) ill bring an crt tv =)

Will

Ill take my CRT (screw this LCD stuff), mag you should take mvc2 & 3s. Down for anything really, ill be going no matter what.
Learning....

iMagneto

im keen to bring mvc2, sf3, super street fighter 2 turbo, capcom vs snk series

and my joysticks =)