• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter 4 Auckland 2nd Tournament 2009

Started by zos'la, March 30, 2009, 06:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

if you take my words that way, its fine by me.Stating from my words of having it at home is that you get the chance to practice more with diff chars etc, I was in no intention saying you suck blah blah blah. What I am saying is you should feel lucky to be able to have it at home unlike the few off us who don't and it WOULD be normal if you were better but in anycase it does not mean you HAVE to be better. But you can take it however you please.
I had no intention of Criticizing anyone here...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

zos'la

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on June 11, 2009, 05:05:17 PM
Yeah i kind of agree.  Regular comp at yiffans would be nice.  ALl you guys get to play the best, under the best situations.  I kinda envy you.  Im gonna start scheduling more of my meetings in town on Wednesdays so I can finish early and come down.

LOL all that happens,  though is Hue and Kevin end up raping everyone and no one ends up challenging hahaha!

Props though.  Kevin, Hue, Ben, and even Simon are all very good.  Andy I think your stule of play really really suits street fighter IV.  When I watch you play it reminds me of a duck taking to water lol.

I missed this one Lenny, wtf is a duck taking to water -.- LOL this actually got me scracthing my head mate. Hope this is english lawl.

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

stereomonkey

Lol, a friend of mine just brought an 360 and SFIV for $300.  Told him to pick up one of those mayflash sticks since he's just beginning.

Seriously, how hard is it to save up for a few weeks and buy a console with game or even better yet the PC version if you have the specs.  ???

EDIT: Also, would it not be more convenient to be able to play when you want, whatever time of the day.  That would be worth the extra cost imho.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

HoneyBadger

I'd honestly rather play on a cab with great competition. (provided it had the right ratio) =P I'm finding that the more real matches I play the more I hate online play >< One of the hardest things I'm finding in just starting fighters is the general spacing and mindset, Andy has told me on a lot of occasions that a lot of my problem is I need more experience

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

Yes its not hard to get a ANOTHER consol, but thats what I don't want even tho i got the sf4 game on xBox360 but it was my choice not to get another console just for the game. I have ordered my version for PC and have Built my own stick.

Smoof, as always when playing you. Your moves are predictable because you repeat yourself too much, no change it pace and lack of experience to react to changes during rounds. This is what i see when i first place you and even now but your execution has imporved heaps.
But i guess anyones execution is better than mine lawl. shoryuken > fadc > FAIL

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Smoofikith on June 12, 2009, 10:56:16 AM
I'd honestly rather play on a cab with great competition. (provided it had the right ratio) =P I'm finding that the more real matches I play the more I hate online play >< One of the hardest things I'm finding in just starting fighters is the general spacing and mindset, Andy has told me on a lot of occasions that a lot of my problem is I need more experience

Honestly smoof, I think you would benefit alot by trynig a different character.  Keep sagat as your main, but just try another character with a different play style.  It might help you mix it up a bit more.

I think you need to learn a bit about your spacing as well.  You're fine against scrubs that cant get past tiger, tiger, tiger uppercut.  But I find that when I linger around just outside of your crouch roundhouse that you start to panic and do crazy things.

Was playing HD Remix last night with Euan... God it felt good to  play a street fighter where you could rushdown like a motherfucker.  God I love deejay and sagat in that game!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on June 12, 2009, 11:08:17 AM
Quote from: Smoofikith on June 12, 2009, 10:56:16 AM

Honestly smoof, I think you would benefit alot by trynig a different character.  Keep sagat as your main, but just try another character with a different play style.  It might help you mix it up a bit more.

I think you need to learn a bit about your spacing as well.  You're fine against scrubs that cant get past tiger, tiger, tiger uppercut.  But I find that when I linger around just outside of your crouch roundhouse that you start to panic and do crazy things.

Was playing HD Remix last night with Euan... God it felt good to  play a street fighter where you could rushdown like a motherfucker.  God I love deejay and sagat in that game!

Yeah I'm really trying to work on my spacing these days but I have no idea who else to pick up >< any suggestions? =P

MUMMYHALA

kingpiccolo

you stole deejay from me bastard i challenge you to a dual.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: kingpiccolo on June 12, 2009, 11:16:11 AM
you stole deejay from me bastard i challenge you to a dual.

A "dual" huh?  I challenge you to a spelling bee!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Quote from: Smoofikith on June 12, 2009, 11:15:16 AM
Yeah I'm really trying to work on my spacing these days but I have no idea who else to pick up >< any suggestions? =P

I'm thinking maybe boxer... he's powerful, but you need to get the right spacing for him to be truly effective (i.e. it's not ALL about spamming cr.lp!) You have to be at the right ranges for s.HP, rush punches, cr.HP anti-air and whatnot.

It might help, but then again you might find it too frustrating and give up. You've got a few good boxers that can give you tips though...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on June 12, 2009, 11:31:23 AM
I'm thinking maybe boxer... he's powerful, but you need to get the right spacing for him to be truly effective (i.e. it's not ALL about spamming cr.lp!) You have to be at the right ranges for s.HP, rush punches, cr.HP anti-air and whatnot.

It might help, but then again you might find it too frustrating and give up. You've got a few good boxers that can give you tips though...

I agree with this. Getting in on good boxers can be tough, and will certainly help you learn the spacing game. His jab dash punch can be safe on block if you get the distance right and i think the same can be said for his headbutts (not 100% on this) -- Plus he has good tick setups and an easily landable ultra. I think I need to start picking up someone else aswell since my fundamentals and footsies are crap lol
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

fluxcore

Ryu is good for fundamentals + footsies, plus he's retardedly easy to use. Pretty boring though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

I'd rather play Ryu than Rog, but I should probably learn how charge characters work better >< To the gigaton punch!

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

I would say Ryu's decent for spacing too, a little moreso than Sagat I guess (with low forward XX fireball and whatnot), but boxer would be better I think.

Plus he's just another fucking boring shoto char like sagat anyway. You wouldn't learn that much more from him, too easy to play just like however you play sagat. Except it'll probably be worse.