• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Street Fighter 4 Auckland 2nd Tournament 2009

Started by zos'la, March 30, 2009, 06:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Squares

So the only fighting games I've played are the Guilty Gear series (and Tekken when I was a kid), would trying out SFIV be a big punch in the face?
Nyaaaa

fluxcore

You'd probably find it pretty boring, it's so much slower paced. Especially when someone has ultra.

It's by far the biggest playerbase for competition this side of Tekken though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Squares

I DO love the fast paced combat in Guilty Gear, as crap as I am at it still. I need somebody to teach me how combos and what not work.
Nyaaaa

HoneyBadger

SFIV is definitely easier to pick up, I'd pick it up just to play with everyone.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Squares

Yah I might scrub it out @ Yifans on a day when a few of you guys are there.
Nyaaaa

fluxcore

Quote from: Squares on June 12, 2009, 12:48:31 PM
I DO love the fast paced combat in Guilty Gear, as crap as I am at it still. I need somebody to teach me how combos and what not work.

I do too, which is why I was so looking forward to BB, need a little bit more excitement than I'm getting from SFIV atm.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

Quote from: fluxcore on June 12, 2009, 01:11:18 PM

I do too, which is why I was so looking forward to BB, need a little bit more excitement than I'm getting from SFIV atm.

I feel the same way ><

MUMMYHALA

Squares

Quote from: fluxcore on June 12, 2009, 01:11:18 PM

My limited experience with BB at Yifans was what made me finalize my purchase of it. Mostly because it's not AS fast as GG, but still fast. Gives me a bit more reaction time.
Nyaaaa

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Smoofikith on June 12, 2009, 11:15:16 AM
Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on June 12, 2009, 11:08:17 AM
Quote from: Smoofikith on June 12, 2009, 10:56:16 AM
I'd honestly rather play on a cab with great competition. (provided it had the right ratio) =P I'm finding that the more real matches I play the more I hate online play >< One of the hardest things I'm finding in just starting fighters is the general spacing and mindset, Andy has told me on a lot of occasions that a lot of my problem is I need more experience

Honestly smoof, I think you would benefit alot by trynig a different character.  Keep sagat as your main, but just try another character with a different play style.  It might help you mix it up a bit more.

I think you need to learn a bit about your spacing as well.  You're fine against scrubs that cant get past tiger, tiger, tiger uppercut.  But I find that when I linger around just outside of your crouch roundhouse that you start to panic and do crazy things.

Was playing HD Remix last night with Euan... God it felt good to  play a street fighter where you could rushdown like a motherfucker.  God I love deejay and sagat in that game!

Yeah I'm really trying to work on my spacing these days but I have no idea who else to pick up >< any suggestions? =P

Fei Long in Super Turbo

HoneyBadger

MUMMYHALA

[8-----D] Toots

Just being honest.

I think you should learn your spacing with Sagat tho. The three ranges that Sagat likes to be at is 1) the other side of the screen) 2) stand roundhouse distance 3) Tiger uppercut distance. You want to be at the maximum distance where your Anti air will still hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6eLhAaZg8w

So much good stuff to learn in this video

I really like Sagat even if he is a bit bullshit at times

Lennysaurus

Learn Gen so that I can have a Gen freind.  it sucks not having someone else to share Gen tricks with.

In otehr news I have managed to master st.medium kick xx Feirce HHS with gen.  if it hits you can hit confirm super.  It also leaves you at advantage on block and pushes the opp back into the screen. 

But I guess none of you care... cause you arent Gen freinds...

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

sounds like some mike ross shit right there lenny!

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on June 12, 2009, 02:38:12 PM
Learn Gen so that I can have a Gen freind.  it sucks not having someone else to share Gen tricks with.

In otehr news I have managed to master st.medium kick xx Feirce HHS with gen.  if it hits you can hit confirm super.  It also leaves you at advantage on block and pushes the opp back into the screen. 

But I guess none of you care... cause you arent Gen freinds...

yes he did this to me numerous times last night lol dam you leo you fast fingered bastard haha
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Toomeke on June 12, 2009, 02:30:10 PM
Just being honest.

I think you should learn your spacing with Sagat tho. The three ranges that Sagat likes to be at is 1) the other side of the screen) 2) stand roundhouse distance 3) Tiger uppercut distance. You want to be at the maximum distance where your Anti air will still hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6eLhAaZg8w

So much good stuff to learn in this video

I really like Sagat even if he is a bit bullshit at times

I love that video, I've started watching it a lot in these last two weeks or so. I dunno how to do the kara tiger shot though =( it bugs me

MUMMYHALA