• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter 4 Auckland 2nd Tournament 2009

Started by zos'la, March 30, 2009, 06:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Cr8zyK1LL3r

hehe... it's nice to see everyone is burning with some fighting spirit :D

I'm sorry that my previous post caused all these arguments. I wont deny that Ryu has good footsies, but i'm not sure about "retardly easy to use"

What I was trying to say is: All the SF4 characters are easy to use at average level but using them at their full potential is a long way to go (for us or maybe for me only ^_^).

Anyway, How come nobody mention about Cody's Akuma ?? He's probably the best player in Auckland now. His Akuma can beat Kevin's zangief and Simon's Abel/Sagat quite often (Ratio = 7/3 imo). He's the only player who plays the game with good timings and reactions, not randomly guessing and using the moves hopefully it hit (like me :D)

stereomonkey

Why don't you guys start up some ranbats.  Get those placing sorted to find out who IS the best in Auckland! Or do whatever, up to you guys.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: stereomonkey on June 15, 2009, 10:36:41 PM
Why don't you guys start up some ranbats.  Get those placing sorted to find out who IS the best in Auckland! Or do whatever, up to you guys.
I think Cody's Akuma is the best atm. He has the highest winning ratio. Then 2nd would be Kevin's zangief. there is no 3rd place coz everyone else is pretty much at the same level (I think). Is there anyone disagree with me about those orders ?? Speak up !!! ^_^

[8-----D] Toots

Nah Cody is easy lol. I beat him more than you beat me which is heaps.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: Toomeke on June 15, 2009, 10:43:09 PM

The thing about Cody is that he keeps changing his style quite often so it's pretty hard to read his moves. He also told me that he's having problems fighting your boxer, mainly because he's lack of experience fighting against good boxers. It's good that you can beat him now :D But I think you should not underestimate him.
I'm not sure about u guys but at the moment, he's the hardest one for me to beat. And I still can feel his improvement.

gunsmoke

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on June 15, 2009, 11:26:34 PM
Quote from: Toomeke on June 15, 2009, 10:43:09 PM

The thing about Cody is that he keeps changing his style quite often so it's pretty hard to read his moves. He also told me that he's having problems fighting your boxer, mainly because he's lack of experience fighting against good boxers. It's good that you can beat him now :D But I think you should not underestimate him.
I'm not sure about u guys but at the moment, he's the hardest one for me to beat. And I still can feel his improvement.

Cody timming is really good man. U guys never play with him on KOF series. Some of the timming combo into super i cant even pull out. His chain combo reset good too.... i learn a lot from him.
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

massi4h

Cody has an awesome Akuma. It annoys me cause I wanna be the Akuma guy lol. We have such great matches and he does great demon setups. Not to mention he won't miss an FADC to Shakunetsu Gohadou like ever.

Kevin's Zangief is also bloody annoying though.

But if you wanna name a character that's not hard to pick up it's gotta be Zangief. His biggest combo is c.lp 4 times then EX green hand. And he mostly just does SPD or cross up leading into SPD or one of those grabs. I HATE ZANGIEF. Lol. But still I respect anyone who wins.

HoneyBadger

Omg everyone plays in yifans except me =( I gotta go get my skillz up
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

geneterror

I don't play in Yifans either becasue I have to be at work :( I haven't frequented Yifans since the CvS2 days. I just get down there when I can, which is not often enough.
KOW 2011

zos'la

I coudln't agree more that at current that the few players that give me a hard time are:

Kevins = gief/ Sagat
Hue = Ryu
Ben = Boxer
Simon = Abel
Cody = Akuma

I am not referring that these guys are the top players but they are teh ones that gives me a hard time when i am playing against.

/defence shield ativated!!!

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

Would you guys say Simon is better with his Abel or Sagat?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: Smoofikith on June 16, 2009, 12:53:08 PM
If you talk about skills, his Abel is obviously better than his Sagat (Cross up, confusing moves, reset combo, mix up with throw,...). But If we look at the winning ratio when he plays against the good players (Cody, Kevin, Andy, Ben) His Sagat will have more chances to win.

In my opinion, Abel is a fine character but his limitation is quite low coz of his moves. While Sagat is.... Overpower on the other hand.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on June 16, 2009, 01:03:10 PM
Quote from: Smoofikith on June 16, 2009, 12:53:08 PM
If you talk about skills, his Abel is obviously better than his Sagat (Cross up, confusing moves, reset combo, mix up with throw,...). But If we look at the winning ratio when he plays against the good players (Cody, Kevin, Andy, Ben) His Sagat will have more chances to win.

In my opinion, Abel is a fine character but his limitation is quite low coz of his moves. While Sagat is.... Overpower on the other hand.

I totally agree.

Even against me, i find i have a harder time fighting his sagat than his Abel, but he seems a lot more comfortable with Abel, and he uses a lot more of Abel's arsenal than he does Sagat's.

Although that might just be because abel is a considerably better match for El Fuerte than sagat, but i guess thats true for most characters.

Quote from: zosla on June 16, 2009, 12:39:49 PM
I coudln't agree more that at current that the few players that give me a hard time are:

Kevins = gief/ Sagat
Hue = Ryu
Ben = Boxer
Simon = Abel
Cody = Akuma

I am not referring that these guys are the top players but they are teh ones that gives me a hard time when i am playing against.

/defence shield ativated!!!

Fair call.

If you can get simon's Abel on the defensive, he loses a lot of his options. That being said, its pretty difficult to do that against simon anyway.

His sagat is a different story altogether though >_>
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Don't play at Yifan's. I spent bloody $30 just yesterday. I should just buy the bloody game and a TE, it'd be cheaper.