• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

NZISM STREET FIGHTER IV GRIND SESSION REGISTRATION

Started by Lennysaurus, March 30, 2009, 09:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

NZISM is proud to officially announce:

"The NZISM Street Fighter IV Grind Session"

Entry Price:   $5-00
Time:          Noon till 6-00pm
Date:          Saturday, 25th April 2009
Place:         RVB, 155 K' Road, Auckland Central

What is it?:

A chance for Street Fighter enthusiasts old and new to come and challenge each other in a competitive non-tourney environment.  We will have 5 Televisions set up with six button joysticks  and Street Fighter IV running for six hours.  Some of the best World Warriors this country has ever seen will be battling it out.  So if you're an old pro looking to fight stronger opponents or a new warrior looking to learn the hidden secrets that the experts have kept to themselves, The Street Fighter IV Grind Session will have something for everyone with an interest in Street Fighter!!!

What If I have only just picked up the game?  I don't wanna give you five bucks to turn up and get beat down for six hours?:

Never fear!  At the start of the session everyone will be graded into three categories.  Pro, intermediate, and Noobie.  One of the setups will be devoted to newbie matches only so that you can practice against people of equal skill level.  We will also have some of our 15 year veterans about to give tips on improving your gameplay and taking your street fighter to the next level.  If you get bored and feel that you'd like to take on tougher opponents, then you can always upgrade to intermediate and take on tougher foes if you think you can handle it.

Man Im a hardcore world warrior!!  I can beat you down any day using Dan and wearing a blindfold.  I don't wanna turn up and play damn nubs for six hours!:

As mentioned above, at the start we will grade all the pro players.  Much like the Beginner setup, there will also be a Pro setup that only pro graded players will be playing on.  Some of the pros at the session will be people who have devoted themselves to street fighter ever since the first "Hadoken"  rang out through the arcade.  These matches will all be taped and uploaded onto the internet to show the rest of the world how much ass New Zealand can kick in the street fighter scene.  If you think you're the best, then this is the event for you to come and prove it!

For more information visit nzism.alphaism.com and register your interest!

Whether you're new to the game, or a seasoned pro, there's always room for improvement. Learn tips and tricks with NZ's top Street Fighter 4 players. If you're keen to get your gaming to a more competitive level, then NZISM wants YOU in our community.

Finally, NZISM will be making a announcement at the event with regards to the next big competitive fighting game event in New Zealand.  So turn up to find out the announcement live before anyone else!

Register your name below early so that we can get an idea of numbers for the event!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

iMagneto

DangerMouse

I'm in!
James/DangerMouse
noobie section ftw

Hydro

Crimson Viper is in too

James/ Hydro for the registratism!

CrazyMobius

I think I've worked through my angst now. Put me down for a definite maybe.

Simon / CrazyMobius

zos'la

I'll come and learn from the pros. teach me some kung fu fighting plz.
Thanks.

Andy / zos
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Will

Will / Will (Might try think of a extreme fighting name haha)

Ill get there early as, cant wait. Blackstar going? Mark going?
Learning....

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

righto I will be there sonic fuckn booming away  ;D

Euan / B1ackstar Ninja
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Will on March 30, 2009, 09:54:24 PM

What about "The Willatron 9000"?

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Will

Quote from: Lennysaurus on March 30, 2009, 10:23:15 PM
Quote from: Will on March 30, 2009, 09:54:24 PM

What about "The Willatron 9000"?

Hahaha, its possible....  :P :o
Learning....

Cullen

Pretty sure I can make it, I'll probably be in the intermediate section.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

I hope u guys won't throw me in the newbie section :D

Btw, i have 1 question. How does it gonna work ??
Say if we have about 30 players like last time. Imagine lining up & wait 40mins for each turn would be suck.
Does the winner get to stay on until he gets beaten ??