• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

NZISM STREET FIGHTER IV GRIND SESSION REGISTRATION

Started by Lennysaurus, March 30, 2009, 09:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunsmoke

Quote from: Cr8zyK1LL3r on March 30, 2009, 11:54:37 PM
I hope u guys won't throw me in the newbie section :D

Btw, i have 1 question. How does it gonna work ??
Say if we have about 30 players like last time. Imagine lining up & wait 40mins for each turn would be suck.
Does the winner get to stay on until he gets beaten ??

good Question
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

CrazyMobius

I would vote against this. That only rewards people who are ALREADY good. This thing should be about learning not winning.

Hydro

Quote from: CrazyMobius on March 31, 2009, 07:47:53 AM

I would vote against this. That only rewards people who are ALREADY good. This thing should be about learning not winning.

Agreed. We had a "to five wins" clause last weekend at my pad, seemed to work well. :)

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

Do I even have to say I'm coming? Smoof/Caleb
You should call yourself wilbur that way when you have to get off at 5 wins we can say "that'll do pig, that'll do"
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

Quote from: Smoofikith on March 31, 2009, 08:45:50 AM
You should call yourself wilbur that way when you have to get off at 5 wins we can say "that'll do pig, that'll do"

hahahah
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

...lawl
And it's true it is a learning session, winners shouldn't stay on more than 5 rounds...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

HoneyBadger

Would it be possible to like offer a written sort of evaluation? So players could even take it home with them so they know what to focus on? Of course we could tie it in with a mandatory site register =P
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

BIRRY WONG/Bill

Although depending on what the missus is doing, I may not be able to make it.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

I think we should probably tell people to do some homework as well, get some questions together/problem situations/matchups for us to be able to help them with on the day.

Lennysaurus

Hey FLUX,

Any chance you can update the main page when you get a chance?

Chur

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Quote from: Lennysaurus on March 31, 2009, 12:04:23 PM
Hey FLUX,

Any chance you can update the main page when you get a chance?

Chur

Oh yeah, I was going to do that...

Not like anyone looks at the front page anyway though... even I don't!

Hydro

Quote from: fluxcore on March 31, 2009, 11:29:44 AM
I think we should probably tell people to do some homework as well, get some questions together/problem situations/matchups for us to be able to help them with on the day.

I'm happy to help on any advice incl match-ups/combos/strats for the following characters:

C.Viper - Chun Li - Claw - Rufus - Boxer - Rose - Honda - Blanka

Anyone can feel free to hit me up on the day for any infos, If I can get just one more person to take up Viper, well that will more than make my day. Viper Mirror matches equals Bliss.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: hydrokinesis on March 31, 2009, 12:16:45 PM

I'm happy to help on any advice incl match-ups/combos/strats for the following characters:

Anyone can feel free to hit me up on the day for any infos, If I can get just one more person to take up Viper, well that will more than make my day. Viper Mirror matches equals Bliss.

Rest assured, learning viper is on my agenda. But I have to get beyond the point of "being generally shit" first.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: hydrokinesis on March 31, 2009, 12:16:45 PM

I have a friend of mine that wants to learn viper.  Ill give him your PSN tag.  Hes not too bad atm, but could learn alot from you.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero