• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Introduce urself 4 those who stay in Auckland ! Plus top 3 any games you like !

Started by gunsmoke, January 27, 2007, 01:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

HCO

Hello ~
I'm HCO and I play Third Strike and Guilty Gear. Been a long time since I've played GG, but I'm down for matches of either game at Yifans. As somewhat of a forewarning, I'm pretty terrible. Only just got back into the fighting scene after playing Starcraft for some months. Hope to see you guys around, and it's good to see NZ even has a fighting game community.

fluxcore

Quote from: HCO on September 15, 2007, 12:52:50 AM
Hello ~
I'm HCO and I play Third Strike and Guilty Gear. Been a long time since I've played GG, but I'm down for matches of either game at Yifans. As somewhat of a forewarning, I'm pretty terrible. Only just got back into the fighting scene after playing Starcraft for some months. Hope to see you guys around, and it's good to see NZ even has a fighting game community.

Welcome to the site! I'm glad to see that people are still trickling in - if you don't mind, how did you come across the site?

As you know, GG AC has just been released, and it's one of the high points in the series, just a shame that (to my knowledge) no NZ arcade has it. I don't even think Slash is around, actually.
Third Strike I don't really need to say much about - it's pretty much the only game I've found that almost universally has some competition. Except for Hamilton where we don't have a cab.
Since you've been playing Starcraft, I assume you have a computer, in which case I recommend trying out GGPO.net at some stage - it's a bit rough at the moment because the emulator it's using has just been changed, but the awesomeness of being able to play some pretty good people at Alpha 2 from the comfort of your own home is undeniable. Hit me up on MSN or whatever if you're ever after a game.

Cheers,
--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HCO

Quote from: fluxcore on September 15, 2007, 11:28:03 AM

Welcome to the site! I'm glad to see that people are still trickling in - if you don't mind, how did you come across the site?

I was actually looking on Shoryuken.com for any posts about New Zealand in the matchmaking section. Found an old topic on page 6 that featured you and Coddfish, and I figured I should check the site you mentioned out.

Quote from: glisignoli on September 15, 2007, 08:15:46 AM
Welcome, stop by tomorrow if you can.

I would, but I'm not sure my sleeping habits right now will allow for it. I woke up at 3:30pm after going to bed at 6. I live out in Titirangi, so I have to catch the bus to New Lynn then take the train/bus to town. What time will you guys be in there, and how long are you staying?

Edit: Oh, 2:30pm onwards. I'll see if I can get up early and make it in there then.

gunsmoke

JoeKage

I am Joe aka Joekage  ;D

Any 2D games by Capcom, mainly anything to do with StreetFighters & Marvels.

Top 3 Fav Games:

1 Marvel vs Capcom2 (Hellooooo) ::)
2 Draw between Marvel vs series and X-Men COTA/Marvel Super Heroes :P
3 Draw between all Streetfighter Games  ;)
Sage of the 6 Paths

gunsmoke

Quote from: JoeKage on September 18, 2008, 05:12:51 PM
I am Joe aka Joekage  ;D

Top 3 Fav Games:

Ola...that's right Joekage.....
Keep my thread alife ya .... ::) ::) ::)

JoeKage

Quote from: gunsmoke on September 19, 2008, 12:39:04 AM
I am Joe aka Joekage  ;D

Top 3 Fav Games:

Ola...that's right Joekage.....
Keep my thread alife ya .... ::) ::) ::)

Fo Sho  ;D ;D ;D
Sage of the 6 Paths

JoeKage

I am Joe aka Joekage  ;D

Top 3 Fav Games:

TvC go CapCom   ;D ;D ;D
Sage of the 6 Paths

gunsmoke

Quote from: JoeKage on January 04, 2009, 09:37:51 AM
I am Joe aka Joekage  ;D

Top 3 Fav Games:

TvC go CapCom   ;D ;D ;D

Teleport

Elixir

Hey guys.. found this site from SRK which I've been on for quite some time.

Favorite fighting games would be Tatsucap, BB and AH. Favorite non-fighters would be Ketsui, Mushihimesama Futari, Death Smiles, Pop'n 13, and DJ TROOPERS.

I'm not really good at fighters but I'd like to think I'm pretty good at shmups.. well, see you around.

fluxcore

Howsit, welcome to the site :)

Hopefully the AKL crew can help you out with the tatsunoko and blazblue :) Does Yifan's have Arcana Heart?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Elixir

I'm not sure on that, I have the JP PS2 release and I've been messing with it occasionally though. The SRK Arcana community is really nice too, I've made some great friends. I see that the PCB on Yahoo Japan is only 7000 yen, and Full is 12000.. so, it really dropped in price. Probably due to Sugoi! AH2 which is also getting a console release. I guess they could import it for cheap if they don't have it already.

I'm actually planning on asking the owners if they're willing to import any CAVE shmups... it's worth a try, if they don't already have some.

gunsmoke

Quote from: Elixir on January 06, 2009, 09:32:49 AM
Hey guys.. found this site from SRK which I've been on for quite some time.

Favorite fighting games would be Tatsucap, BB and AH. Favorite non-fighters would be Ketsui, Mushihimesama Futari, Death Smiles, Pop'n 13, and DJ TROOPERS.

I'm not really good at fighters but I'd like to think I'm pretty good at shmups.. well, see you around.

Wot Character u using on TVC? My current Character would be under Tatsunoko hero Ken nad Tekaman ya ya........I trying to learn Karas but he got very low health....lets meet up...when u see me play that team ....Everyone is new to this game so every1 is even  ::) ::) :P :P